The New Stuff I Got Thread Reboot - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can, actually. When THOR came out they released a six inch Loki and he looks way better than that one.

Edit: Sorry it took me half an hour, but THIS is what I'm talking about...
DSCN0436.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That one's nice, and is more "classic Loki" accurate, but I do still like the ML version more. Like the bigger horns and cloak... I will probably pick up the other one too though, at some point. I decided I'm going to get Thorbuster instead of Destroyer. I can use either to complete Modok, but Spidey's right, Destroyer's too small and not worth the hefty price tag at this point. So, I've got Giant Man, Galactus, Sentinel, Annihilus, Apocalypse, Terrax, Arnim Zola, Hit Monkey, and very soon Modok all completed... I've gotta decide which BAF wave to go after next. I'm trying to decide between Red Hulk and Ronan. I'm only two away from finishing Nemesis but I don't really feel the need to rush on him. I'm going to do the Ares wave in the summer when I start getting a lot more overtime at work. So what do you think, Rulk or Ronan ?

That's my 2nd fave. The Coipel design rocks but I love the Brothers Loki for the Classic look
You can, actually. When THOR came out they released a six inch Loki and he looks way better than that one.

Edit: Sorry it took me half an hour, but THIS is what I'm talking about...
DSCN0436.jpg
[/QUOTE]

the white one is just snowbird though not actually sassy

Or the Sasquatch Chick from Exiles. Put her on a shelf with AoA Sabertooth.......and uh.....Nemesis.......I thought there was one more.......We need a Blink dammit! Now I wanna re read classic Exiles again.....it was great.....even the Chuck Austen issues.....and thats saying something......I want a 616 Mimic BAF..........

Or the Sasquatch Chick from Exiles. Put her on a shelf with AoA Sabertooth.......and uh.....Nemesis.......I thought there was one more.......We need a Blink dammit! Now I wanna re read classic Exiles again.....it was great.....even the Chuck Austen issues.....and thats saying something......I want a 616 Mimic BAF..........

Can't have exiles without morph and blink.

I use to have white sassy, spidey 2099 and aoa sabes together....

But I've shifted to an all out aoa display now that we have sunfire holocaust and aoa phoenix coming

YEah.....oh, Longhshot and Psylocke too.....And Mojo fits there....Spiral I guess.....Ineed aSpiral....

That's awesome, Rob. Nice score. What'd ya pay for that bad boy?

I made an offer of $80.00, which i didn't think he'd accept, but to my surprise he did. Free shipping too. I make low ball offers on expensive stuff all the time, just cuz i figure the worst they can do I's say no.. Sometimes it works out. I got a moc series six Deadpool for $75. That way.

That's awesome, Rob. Nice score. What'd ya pay for that bad boy?

I made an offer of $80.00, which i didn't think he'd accept, but to my surprise he did. Free shipping too. I make low ball offers on expensive stuff all the time, just cuz i figure the worst they can do I'd say no.. Sometimes it works out. I got a moc series six Deadpool for $75. That way.

Damn, I'm getting some crazy -good deals this week. Check out what I just got for a mere $90.00:

hulkbusterironman(ml).jpg

413237i59247f876dfb7b.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Serie-12-Apocalypse-Actionfigur-Maestro.jpg

This last week or so at Hasbro has been dubbed "March Massacre" they are losing their creative teams left and right. We know that the Marvel Universe line took a big hit the first wave of layoffs in July 2012, let's hope it doesn't hurt the ML line. I think the main man behind Legends is still there, he's the one that's been there since the Spidey Classics line. Apparently they are trying to cut spending. Thoughts?

This last week or so at Hasbro has been dubbed "March Massacre" they are losing their creative teams left and right. We know that the Marvel Universe line took a big hit the first wave of layoffs in July 2012, let's hope it doesn't hurt the ML line. I think the main man behind Legends is still there, he's the one that's been there since the Spidey Classics line. Apparently they are trying to cut spending. Thoughts?

It seems to me that if they upped their distribution a little, maybe cut the amount of figures in each wave, to eliminate "peg-warmers". Do more "fan's choice" kinda stuff, so that they know they are putting out figures that are more likely to sell, than they'd do a lot better. Whenever new Legends come out they sell like hotcakes... Problem is at a lot of stores they are still selling wave 1. They are on wave 4 already. It's time to start pumping out the two newest waves. They are also horrible at marketing their products and keeping their fans informed.

Picked up a few more Legends. My Marvel U collection is selling incredibly well. Only about a third left. Grabbed these two:
cyclops-broodseries.jpg

$(KGrHqRHJD!E9!ZW0LRUBP(C)9Tc6Q~~60_57.JPG

I think they need to fire whomever does there statistics because they mass produce figures that don't sell and seem to be producing less figures toys that really do sell

Also... And while i don't watch Saturday morning cartoons... I can't tell you the last time i saw a commercial for harbor figures... You'd think there be one for the ultimate spider-man cartoon toyline and the iron man movie figures.... Legends essentially sell themselves

Huh...I didn't know this thread was still around since it seems to have gotten lost in the clutter. Anyway, I'm glad to see you guys still posting about what you bought. I picked up a real nice shelf about a month ago for my figures and will take some pictures of it.

Tomb Raider - ps3
the dark knight returns part 2 (with joker figure) - bluray

Also... And while i don't watch Saturday morning cartoons... I can't tell you the last time i saw a commercial for harbor figures... You'd think there be one for the ultimate spider-man cartoon toyline and the iron man movie figures.... Legends essentially sell themselves

I totally agree. I saw maybe one commercial over the last year, and that was for Dark Knight Rises figures. I have yet to see a TMNT commercial. But if you are aiming the Spidey and IM3 toys towards kids, why don't they get any commercials? I know not many kids collect the MUline now, but back in 08 when it started, they could have marketed it more, instead of just putting a pic on a comic. Kids still watch tv. Hasbro has taken the lazy way out and just let's things sell on their own, transformers as well.

Yeah, i can't remember the last time ive ever seen a Star Wars figure commercial

though i will say i saw the Avengers commercial of the tweens running around with the "dress up" masks and armors and blasters but no figures

Yeah, I don't have kids, but I don't think they play with action figures anymore.they're too busy with video games. Like, the little kids want figures and toys and dress up sets (I guess. I never dressed up. Maybe a towl tied around my neck, that was it.) But once they find games, action figures are out the window. We're a dying breed. :csad:

That being said, that Barbarian Hulk is a good looking figure. I have no clue where I would put him, but he does look cool.

Its pretty sad if action figures are a dying toy over games... Sorta means imaginations are going out the window too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"