The New Stuff I Got Thread Reboot - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob, what part of CT are you in?

Just noticed your quote about Brian. I was a Buried Under Customer for like 6 or 7 years, actually right up until he passed. I loved that guy, he treated all his customers like royalty, and made that place like my home away from home. While they were shut down, I ended up taking a job in Enfield, so I started a subscription service at Matt's in Enfield, but I still stop in Heroes Legacy whenever I make it out to Manchester, which unfortunately isn't that often anymore. I'll always have fond memories of Buried Under though, and especially Brian. Glad to see Scott and co. are doing well... But it's hard to go there sometimes cuz you almost forget sometimes and you open the door and expect Brian to be standing there... Man, I'm getting all choked up now.

Just noticed your quote about Brian. I was a Buried Under Customer for like 6 or 7 years, actually right up until he passed. I loved that guy, he treated all his customers like royalty, and made that place like my home away from home. While they were shut down, I ended up taking a job in Enfield, so I started a subscription service at Matt's in Enfield, but I still stop in Heroes Legacy whenever I make it out to Manchester, which unfortunately isn't that often anymore. I'll always have fond memories of Buried Under though, and especially Brian. Glad to see Scott and co. are doing well... But it's hard to go there sometimes cuz you almost forget sometimes and you open the door and expect Brian to be standing there... Man, I'm getting all choked up now.

Yeah, some of my earliest memories is from Buried Under when my dad took me with him to get his comics, and Brian always treated me excellently and got me to read some really great books.

I live in Manchester and continue to get my books there.

Yeah, some of my earliest memories is from Buried Under when my dad took me with him to get his comics, and Brian always treated me excellently and got me to read some really great books.

I live in Manchester and continue to get my books there.

Yeah, the first comic shop I ever went to was Buried under comics when it was in Windsor waaaaay back in the day, before there even was one in Manchester. I've been meaning to make a trip over there, grab some back issues. Last time I was there they had some great stuff. Have they been getting in new figures and stuff lately? Seemed like that wasn't as much of a focus anymore. I haven't been there in a few months. I've been meaning to run in there and grab that Marvel Legends Pyro that's been sitting there forever.

Yeah, the first comic shop I ever went to was Buried under comics when it was in Windsor waaaaay back in the day, before there even was one in Manchester. I've been meaning to make a trip over there, grab some back issues. Last time I was there they had some great stuff. Have they been getting in new figures and stuff lately? Seemed like that wasn't as much of a focus anymore. I haven't been there in a few months. I've been meaning to run in there and grab that Marvel Legends Pyro that's been sitting there forever.

I think they're starting to get more figures in now. I will say it seems more open in there now. And the shelves for the graphic novels are much better than the wire racks that used to me on the right wall when you walk in. I always felt bad when I would pull one off the rack and in doing so create a domino effect and knock all the other ones off.

I think they're starting to get more figures in now. I will say it seems more open in there now. And the shelves for the graphic novels are much better than the wire racks that used to me on the right wall when you walk in. I always felt bad when I would pull one off the rack and in doing so create a domino effect and knock all the other ones off.

It definitely looks nice... And it's nice to actually be able to walk through there and get to the back issue boxes on Wednesdays and Thursdays. That place used to get so tight! One time I had to use their bathroom, and man, that backroom was even more packed with stuff than the main room. I didn't think I was going to make it out of there.. Even the bathroom had a shelf of TPB's.

NECA Portal 2 Chell figure.

DTeE6Hv.jpg

^That figure is awesome.

I went to BooksAMillion Friday and took a look at the clearance center... My wallet ended up being quite unhappy with me. I hadn't read any of these and I was curious. So I bought the entire Death of Spider-Man anthology, as well as Spider-Man Season 1. I also bought a Spider-Man: Year One Doc Ock comic. Plus an X-Men comic, just because I thought the cover was awesome.

ClearanceComics_zps74e16492.png

Hot Toys Bane and Avengers Thor. Love'em both! Also recently completed my Origins Deadpool custom and custom bone claw hands for my Hot Toys Wolverine.

IMG_0386-1.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0375-1.jpg

IMG_0383-1.jpg

I figure that he's probably the best place to ask, but has anyone else had trouble with Hot Toys Hawkeye's bow just deciding to snap? I had him with the strong drawn, pointing down in a relaxed position. I noticed as I walked by the other day that one of the hinges had snapped.

This happened to anyone else?

Ended up paying $60.00 for the two sets. Not too bad. Love this version of Johnny.
PackagedInvisibleWomanHumanTorch.jpg

PackagedMrFantasticThing.jpg

Oz the great and powerful: Theodora and Evanora Dolls

Picking up my dark knight returns dc direct boxset tonight, can't wait

Picked up the Hobbit Unexpected Journey Combo pack at Walmart for 22.96
img1343kr.jpg

img1344sh.jpg

img1345vh.jpg

Got all these in the mail today:
20130322_180237_zps57fb31e3.jpg
[/IMG]
20130322_180427_zps696f2256.jpg
[/IMG]
20130322_180703_zpsae41ac67.jpg
[/IMG]
20130322_180523_zpsa3c45d91.jpg
[/IMG]
And this weeks comic shop booty:
20130322_181139_zps1f7f06ca.jpg
[/IMG]
20130322_181047_zps23b61e67.jpg
[/IMG]
20130322_181331_zpsbd7db23a.jpg
[/IMG]
20130322_181417_zps0806900e.jpg
[/IMG]
a445b441-9ff3-4411-9598-32d80a445958_zps770c6234.jpg
[/IMG]

Picked up the Hobbit Unexpected Journey Combo pack at Walmart for 22.96
img1343kr.jpg

img1344sh.jpg

img1345vh.jpg

I'm not buying the Hobbit. When they announced the release date, they said an Extended Cut will be released later this year...so I won't spend the money twice.

I'm not buying the Hobbit. When they announced the release date, they said an Extended Cut will be released later this year...so I won't spend the money twice.
I'll probably end up giving the set to my kids when the extended comes out. lol

RWnYXME.jpg

Looks like they have finally arrived in Canada. :) Will grab the three others ASAP and cannot wait for Bebop and Rocksteady. :woot:

Yeah he's out. Picked him up from Amazon for around $20. Amazing figure. All the Neca Terminators figures are.
I still haven't picked him up. I'm not fan of the likeness (I know they couldn't get the rights). I wonder if they'll do a "Future" Kyle...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"