The Nightwing OYL Discussion Thread

sinewave said:
nah, i was just kidding. it's actually the besy OYL comic out there.

So thats a yes. Whew! Continue the hate please. Ill join in eventually. I think you guys covered everything I hate about this book so far. A ****ing male model.:(

Darthphere said:
So thats a yes. Whew! Continue the hate please. Ill join in eventually. I think you guys covered everything I hate about this book so far. A ****ing male model.:(

yup. i wonder if he's gonna start doing blow with kate moss? i'm sure arsenal could hook him up with his old dealer.

sinewave said:
yup. i wonder if he's gonna start doing blow with kate moss? i'm sure arsenal could hook him up with his old dealer.

Well thats hoping Roy is still alive.....or that DC even remembers he exists.

Either way, Jason Todd is a character that needs to die.

Darthphere said:
Either way, Jason Todd is a character that needs to die.

as long as he takes bruce jones with him, i'm fine with that.

sinewave said:
as long as he takes bruce jones with him, i'm fine with that.

Naughtwing has been Bruce...

Bruce_Jowned.jpg

im still getting it because nightwing is one of my absolute faves... but the art is messy at best and the story is uninspired... like jason todd... why the hate on dick? seriously... was he just bored so he said, aw screw it, ill dress up like nightwing? lame... it would be bad ass if he started dressing up as bats to discredit him... but dont let bruce jones write it...

sethcohen said:
im still getting it because nightwing is one of my absolute faves... but the art is messy at best and the story is uninspired... like jason todd... why the hate on dick? seriously... was he just bored so he said, aw screw it, ill dress up like nightwing? lame... it would be bad ass if he started dressing up as bats to discredit him... but dont let bruce jones write it...

yeah, that's what i don't get. they've never given a good excuse as to why jason todd is f**king with dick so much. feel free to make any kind of gay jokes you want about that last line.

sinewave said:
yeah, that's what i don't get. they've never given a good excuse as to why jason todd is f**king with dick so much. feel free to make any kind of gay jokes you want about that last line.

Jason Todd was 2nd Robin, he feel second best to Dick.

Darthphere said:
Naughtwing has been Bruce...

Bruce_Jowned.jpg

aaarrrrgggghhh!!!!! why'd you do that?!?!? now that face will haunt my dreams!!!!

Darthphere said:
Jason Todd was 2nd Robin, he feel second best to Dick.
if thats his motivation, then it just serves to show how poor a writer bruce jones is... he didnt even imply it subtly... he just left it out completely and assumed the reader would get it... lame... and whos the editor for that? isnt it the editors job to point out gaping plot holes like that?

sethcohen said:
if thats his motivation, then it just serves to show how poor a writer bruce jones is... he didnt even imply it subtly... he just left it out completely and assumed the reader would get it... lame... and whos the editor for that? isnt it the editors job to point out gaping plot holes like that?

yup, it's partially the editor's fault this books sucks so much. i think all the bat-books have the same editor so this guy's doing an okay job, better on the batman titles, crappy on nightwing and okay on robin. i still found a few gaffs in the last issue of robin, but it was still a pretty decent read, overall.

Doc Destruction said:
He used to be. He's hardcore badass now. Love the rebirth.

I 2nd that motion - Jason has so much potential now its untrue. Regardless of how the characters written, Batman (and Nightwing) once more have a true enemy who can match them step for step.

Theres a lot of potential with the character.

A failed hero whos now a badass bad guy. :up:

Doc Destruction said:
He used to be. He's hardcore badass now. Love the rebirth.

no, he's just a psycho. he's basically doing what sbp did to conner in IC. he's jealous that he's not dick so he's acting like a prick and trying to destroy him.

sinewave said:
no, he's just a psycho. he's basically doing what sbp did to conner in IC. he's jealous that he's not dick so he's acting like a prick and trying to destroy him.

Maybe hes a psycho - maybe hes just a dick (no pun intended)

But theres no denying he has the skills to match Bats physically and mentally - thats what qualifies him as a badass imo.

SUPERBENITEZ said:
Maybe hes a psycho - maybe hes just a dick (no pun intended)

But theres no denying he has the skills to match Bats physically and mentally - thats what qualifies him as a badass imo.

true, but he needs his own identity. it's stupid to keep stealing other people's.

sinewave said:
true, but he needs his own identity. it's stupid to keep stealing other people's.

Thats a fair point - again, thats a problem with the writing - not the character.

Once Jason settles down and becomes his own man, he'll be the rogue Robin who coudnt make the grade as a hero, 'turned to the dark side' and is now a major player/villain in the DCU.

Hopefully.

If written decently........

Uh... the writing is the character. :confused:

Anyway, Jason Todd remains as worthless as ever, in my opinion. The sooner he's killed off, the better.

SUPERBENITEZ said:
Thats a fair point - again, thats a problem with the writing - not the character.

Once Jason settles down and becomes his own man, he'll be the rogue Robin who coudnt make the grade as a hero, 'turned to the dark side' and is now a major player/villain in the DCU.

Hopefully.

If written decently........

that's alll i'm asking for, some competent writing with respect to the characters and their histories. not this drivel.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Uh... the writing is the character. :confused:

Anyway, Jason Todd remains as worthless as ever, in my opinion. The sooner he's killed off, the better.

Well. you have your view; I have mine. Fair enough.

I just feel that better writing could make the character better. Maybe then he wouldnt be as worthless as you think.

Yeah, this book really isn't that good. I was expecting good things from this since Devin Grayson left but...maybe I was hasty in that decision.

The artwork doesn't sit too well with me.

And the only thing that has me the least bit interested is the fact that Jason Todd is dressing up like Nightwing. Other than that I'd probably be dropping this book. :(

Winnick did an awesome job with Jason Todd, just like Loeb did with Hush. It was the writer that took over the character is what is making him lame, Jones is making Jason suck as much as Lieberman made Hush suck

hippie_hunter said:
Winnick did an awesome job with Jason Todd, just like Loeb did with Hush. It was the writer that took over the character is what is making him lame, Jones is making Jason suck as much as Lieberman made Hush suck

very true. :up:

lieberman also made prometheus suck, as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"