The Offical Peter Fonda/Mephisto Thread (All Pics/News Welcome!)

CAPoholic

Civilian
Reaction score
Do you think he will look like the classic, almost human form or the gargauntuan devil from the early Marvel Knight black panther issues.

mephisto.jpg
Versus

just nothing like that stupid demon in Spawn :( that was terrible

They have Miles Teves working on concept art...and his specialty is demons and devils.
check his stuff out at his site:
http://www.milesteves.com/

Mephisto could possibly have that classic "devil look"...we will see though.
i do hope its not the original comic version...would look rather goofy to have him walking around in red socks ..heh

Morg said:
just nothing like that stupid demon in Spawn :( that was terrible
And the voice was a classic Devil/Demon voice. Nothing creative.

As much as I'd love to see him in his true form, I think it would work best if he was human. He needs not to have a costume because he's the freakin' devil. Satan doesn't need any clothes in fact... though, if he's human, he likely will.

There is the chance we'll see him in mutliple ways. Maybe Ghost Rider will visit Hell..

The Flash said:
And the voice was a classic Devil/Demon voice. Nothing creative.

It was the voice of Doctor Claw from the Inspector gadget cartoon

Mephisto is a very powerful demon, so, shapeshifting is one of his many powers, so, he can very well use the almost human form in one scene (but, needs to be updated a bit).
But, it´s true form needs to be much more demonic.

personally i would never show him in his true form....its like something from a HP Lovecraft story where if you looked at this entity you would die or go mad from the sheer horror of it. that to me is cool to leave his true appearance up to the audience's imagination....not to mention cheaper! heh
i would rather have Mephisto as a normal human throughout most of the movie ...only in certain scenes his shadow would look..deformed or monstrous. just little hints that he isnt human...

I like the idea of having his shape different in shadows. That's a great idea.

I wouldn't mind seeing his true form just once though... perhaps in a Blaze dream sequence or flashback or something. A flash of the Devil laughing on his throne or something.

BIGGUN said:
personally i would never show him in his true form....its like something from a HP Lovecraft story where if you looked at this entity you would die or go mad from the sheer horror of it. that to me is cool to leave his true appearance up to the audience's imagination....not to mention cheaper! heh
i would rather have Mephisto as a normal human throughout most of the movie ...only in certain scenes his shadow would look..deformed or monstrous. just little hints that he isnt human...
I agree. Kind of like the bad guy in the Golden Child. He changed to his true form at the end but he shouldn't have.

Golden Child? I haven't thought of that movie in years. Neat.

If they do show Mephisto in his true form, it'll come in the end. Perhaps he'll turn just as Ghost Rider thinks he has him defeated, showing that he cannot be...

If Mephisto is going to appear in this can we expect a fight with Ghost Rider? I don't recall any superhero ever hitting or hurting him physically. Except for, of course, Franklin Richards.

Galactus gave him a whopping but it was a stalemate against each other. Hard to recall but didn't the Thing clobber him once when Mephisto upped his strength?

Red Mask said:
If Mephisto is going to appear in this can we expect a fight with Ghost Rider? I don't recall any superhero ever hitting or hurting him physically. Except for, of course, Franklin Richards.

I really, REALLY hope Mephisto doesnt fight anyone! he should be the one getting other people to do the fights for him. it would just cheapen the character if he suddenly starting duking it out w/ Ghost Rider. if he is the source of all evil why would he even lower himself to physically fighting someone? thats for lesser beings...the Devil has always been the liar, cheater, and puppetmaster. hes also always been portrayed as being extremely shrewd, intelligent, and cold blooded. it wouldnt seem right for him to fight anyone IMO....
I cant recall if Mephisto ever "fought" someone in the comics but i do know he never actually fought GR. Blackheart did supposedly kill Mephisto in the sequel one-shot comic to "Hearts of Darkness". he managed to stab his father w/ a knife coated in innocent blood ....which apparently was enough to kill him...or at least appear to kill him.
from the story synopsis Mephisto "hires" Blaze to become the Ghost Rider so that he can hunt down and kill his own son Blackheart. BH is trying to kill his father so that he can take over Hell as its new lord. Blackheart will be the one that GR will have to fight...

Which is so freakin' awesome. Siding with the devil to win the day. Of course, the devil isn't going to give Blaze what he promises and the story will continue. Yay for sequels.

I agree with BG though. Mephisto should not fight. He should be like a Randall Flagg of sorts (Stephen King's 'The Stand' for those not in the know) gathering his minons to do his dirty work. He didn't fight, per say but he did control a lot of people into do bad thing for him. This was King's Devil.

Thanos had the Infinity Gauntlet at the time.

Red Mask said:
Thanos had the Infinity Gauntlet at the time.

Yep he whomped the entire universe ash at that time :D

Red Mask said:
In the first story arc of Christopher Priest's Black Panther,T'Challa took him out,partially due to Mephisto's prolonged time in this world and out of Hell.

BIGGUN said:
I really, REALLY hope Mephisto doesnt fight anyone! he should be the one getting other people to do the fights for him. it would just cheapen the character if he suddenly starting duking it out w/ Ghost Rider. if he is the source of all evil why would he even lower himself to physically fighting someone? thats for lesser beings...the Devil has always been the liar, cheater, and puppetmaster. hes also always been portrayed as being extremely shrewd, intelligent, and cold blooded. it wouldnt seem right for him to fight anyone IMO....
I cant recall if Mephisto ever "fought" someone in the comics but i do know he never actually fought GR. Blackheart did supposedly kill Mephisto in the sequel one-shot comic to "Hearts of Darkness". he managed to stab his father w/ a knife coated in innocent blood ....which apparently was enough to kill him...or at least appear to kill him.
from the story synopsis Mephisto "hires" Blaze to become the Ghost Rider so that he can hunt down and kill his own son Blackheart. BH is trying to kill his father so that he can take over Hell as its new lord. Blackheart will be the one that GR will have to fight...

Perhaps I'm missing something in the context of this discussion, so correct me if I'm wrong.
Didn't Mephisto and Zarathos(aka Ghost Rider) fight back in prehistoric times according to GR v1. In fact, if memory serves me correctly, it was stated in the discription of that fight, that Zarathos's number of followers, thus his power as well, was beginning to rival Mephisto, which is what got Mephistos attention to begin with. Further, to prepare for the fight with Zarathos Mephisto apparently felt he had to resort to that whole scheme he concocted with the souless man(centurious) in order to be at an advantage when fighting Zarathos. Mephisto wouldn't have done that if he thought he could easily defeat Zarathos. Zarathos (mephisto believed) under the right circumstances might potentially be able to defeat him. Thus -not ridiculous for GR and Mephisto to fight- because Zarathos is somewhat on par with Mephisto. Don't get me wrong, my money is on Mephisto, I'm simply saying Zarathos is powerful enough where under right circumstances he could possibly win, and it would at least be a good fight.

Yes, you are right that Zarathos did fight Mephisto....but in his GR form he couldnt since he was less powerful as well as having his memory wiped. only beings that were uber powerful could ever hope to take on Mephisto and for a time Zarathos had that power or at least came close to it. when i said GR never fought Mephisto i was referring to the GR we all know and not his ancient demon god form which in my eyes is a different character.
Huge battles between Mephisto and some other equally powerful being in the comics is one thing...but in a movie i dont think it would be a good idea. i hate the idea of making the devil actually physically fight someone in the movies. satan ....imo...has always been symbolic of pure evil. by making it possible to actually beat evil in that way is just silly to me and makes the character less threatening and frightening. its one thing to outsmart the devil its another if you are able to push him down and kick sand in his face ..heh

It appeared that, in Silver Surfer #100, that the Surfer owned his ash, and he might've, but he could have played SS for a fool because at the end of the issue Mephisto was back in his realm, looking perfectly okay and staring at the Surfer through a crystal ball and laughing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"