The Offical Peter Fonda/Mephisto Thread (All Pics/News Welcome!)

So I'm a little confused. Is Wes Bentley playing Mephisto or Black Heart?

And then who will womp some ass as Shuma Gorath?

TheVileOne said:
So I'm a little confused. Is Wes Bentley playing Mephisto or Black Heart?

And then who will womp some ass as Shuma Gorath?

Bentley is playing Blackheart...they havent announced who was playing Mephisto.

But who should play Shuma Gorath? The best character of all time in the Marvel Super Heroes video game by Capcom :) .

TheVileOne said:
But who should play Shuma Gorath? The best character of all time in the Marvel Super Heroes video game by Capcom :) .

Shuma? heh...im all for Shuma to appear in the movie but i really doubt it.
i dont recall him/she/it(?) in a GR comic...a shame too. they needed some of the "old ones" to have made an appearance or 2 in either series.
i made a suggestion a long time ago that satan's/mephisto's true form should have looked like something out of a Lovecraft story. would be a nice change of pace from the old "red dude w/ horns and goat feet".
but who knows...they hired Miles Teves as concept designer whose specialty is devils and demons. should be cool....

BIGGUN said:
Yes, you are right that Zarathos did fight Mephisto....but in his GR form he couldnt since he was less powerful as well as having his memory wiped. only beings that were uber powerful could ever hope to take on Mephisto and for a time Zarathos had that power or at least came close to it. when i said GR never fought Mephisto i was referring to the GR we all know and not his ancient demon god form which in my eyes is a different character.
Huge battles between Mephisto and some other equally powerful being in the comics is one thing...but in a movie i dont think it would be a good idea. i hate the idea of making the devil actually physically fight someone in the movies. satan ....imo...has always been symbolic of pure evil. by making it possible to actually beat evil in that way is just silly to me and makes the character less threatening and frightening. its one thing to outsmart the devil its another if you are able to push him down and kick sand in his face ..heh

Points well taken. I agree with everything you said.
I would simply add that since Zarathos once was a demon god, the potential remains for him to be again. Zarathos is always looking for a way to regain all of his power........... perhaps one day he will succeed.

From what I heard the Rider scenes are going to be Computer generated. Cage will just be doing the Jblaze parts.

There's a good possiblity that Cage will be the body of Ghost Rider as well. They could do something like Sleepy Hollow for Ghost Rider.... but instead of there not being a head, have a firey one. This way, Cage gets to have more screen time... but this would only be the case if Nic wants to do all or most of his own stunts.

Love the information on the Mephisto people. A definate major link to my entire comic collection, which is filled with the magic, monster and mayhem side of the Marvel Universe. In fact, I just picked up a 4 issue limited from the late 80's; 'Mephisto Vs' (all the major teams in Marvel). It's some fun reading.

KingOfDreams said:
It appeared that, in Silver Surfer #100, that the Surfer owned his ass, and he might've, but he could have played SS for a fool because at the end of the issue Mephisto was back in his realm, looking perfectly okay and staring at the Surfer through a crystal ball and laughing.

Is that the ish in which Mephisto absorbed SS into his mind and it caused him so much pain because SS is so pure, that he had to release SS? It's been so long since I've read that story, so I'm not too sure. Has anyone else read this story?

if you read what mark stephen johnson had to say a month or so back, nick cage will be playing ghost rider as well, not just johnny blaze. he said he'd prefer the actor to the cg when possible. i'm sure that will help keep costs down too, cause cgi ain't cheap.

No it isn't... which is why a lot of people was worried when the first released the budget to be 40 mill.

redlion2 said:
Is that the ish in which Mephisto absorbed SS into his mind and it caused him so much pain because SS is so pure, that he had to release SS? It's been so long since I've read that story, so I'm not too sure. Has anyone else read this story?

That's a possible interpretation, and for some reason I've never really thought about it that way. It appeared as a physical fight but it could have easily been a mental fight based on how much reality was manipulated throughout the issue. The Surfer though he was in Mephisto's Realm, which is Hell I guess. The story starts out with Mephisto apparently cutting the Surfer open and stealing his soul, which looked like a shining silver stone, and the Surfer spends the entire issue trying to get it back, all while Mephisto dredges up demons from his past. But yes, The Surfer's "light" is what wins the day for him.

So... filming has started and there has yet to be news on the lead baddie. I wonder why this is. Are they having trouble finding the right guy or getting the right guy to actually do it. Do they know and are just not letting us know yet?

It's pretty much the biggest mystery of the movie right now and I'd sell my soul to know. Nice reference there eh?

mephisto.jpg

Well we only heard that Clayton tried out for a part....but it wasnt mentioned if he was casted or not. he may have tried out for the young Blaze character and simply lost out on it...
i dunno about Voight...i would think we would have heard something by now.
but who knows ...maybe they might be able to work something out

As you guys may have just noticed ...Mephisto has been cast...and its Peter Fonda! the original Easy Rider! man o man....that is almost better than Voight...imo. the star of the movie that really started the whole hollywood fascination w/ motorcycles that would later help create the comic book Ghost Rider..
very happy w/ this choice. Fonda can also be creepy and menacing when he needs to be

Man... this happen to me with the new Comic news. I posted a thread about there not being any and the next day it was released that one was starting in Sept.

I post that Mephisto was not cast and the next day, he is. Crazy how that happens.

I should start a post about me not winning any money... or not being casted in the Ghost Rider movie... or something as equally as good as those two things.

Yay for Fonda (though he is still only in talks right?). This movie is gonna be a bikers dream, no doubt about that. I just hope that Ghost Rider story doesn't get lost in the biker story... though I know both go hand in hand.

I'm so pumped!!

ThatOneGuy said:
awesome choice!

Yuppers!

also i noticed he was in a film called "Race w/ the Devil"...heh
from the description his character w/ some friends are chased by a Satanic cult..

BIGGUN said:
As you guys may have just noticed ...Mephisto has been cast...and its Peter Fonda! the original Easy Rider! man o man....that is almost better than Voight...imo. the star of the movie that really started the whole hollywood fascination w/ motorcycles that would later help create the comic book Ghost Rider..
very happy w/ this choice. Fonda can also be creepy and menacing when he needs to be
where did you hear this?

FlameHead said:
I should start a post about me not winning any money... or not being casted in the Ghost Rider movie... or something as equally as good as those two things.

Yay for Fonda (though he is still only in talks right?). This movie is gonna be a bikers dream, no doubt about that. I just hope that Ghost Rider story doesn't get lost in the biker story... though I know both go hand in hand.

I'm so pumped!!

lol....i might want to try that :D
but yeah this is shaping up real nice. good job on the casting MSJ....

Man, Fonda is perfect. He even looks the part without makeup... which I'm not sure of how they're gonna do... but, just compare these two pics.

peterfonda.jpg
Mephisto.jpg

There's something about the forehead that just makes sense.

Excuse me, but why in Dan's Ghost Mephisto was not in human form? I know there are 2 or 3 Mephisto "Alter ego", but it appear to me that in GR I Mephisto was like that statue while in the GR II serie he was portrayed as a giant skinny, yet fat in belly, malebolgia like demon with rasta spikes/worms as hair and a beak face (i recall it at least on "Heart of darkness" mini ).
BTW it seems evident by the casting o Peter Fonda they are choosing the classic portray...actually it should be very cool in a dark "easy rider"/racing/western theme...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"