The Official '52' Thread

Discussion in 'DC Comics' started by Nightwing 52, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Harlekin Business

So, I finally read the last few issues of 52. I wouldn't have missed it for the world, but the last ten to twenty issues or so were really just all about completism. I had to have the full 52 issues, but by the end the stories had just become average (and in the case of the Question/Bible of Crime, just plain mediocre). I will say that I loved some aspects (Animal Man/Adam Strange/Starfire journey) and if it were a normal ongoing title, I probably would've kept reading it till #52. Definitely not going to go along with Countdown though.

The ending though, however nicely it was written, basically just undid both Crisises, which is kinda lame. Scratch that. It's horribly lame. I don't mind the multiverse, but... lame.

2. Mister J Ya Get What Ya ****ing Deserve!

Finally managed to get all caught up with this thing. I must have laughed for 5 minutes straight when the crocodile made a Happy Meal out of little, petulant Black Adam Jr. and talked smack about it next issue. God, that was great.

This Montoya Question thing still bothers me (though the execution was well done). Black Adam raising hell and everyone trying to stop him was good, although my $12 would have been better spent on something other than WWIII. The time continuum stuff got a little wonky in #52, but screw it; it's over. Time to debate investing in another weekly. Yippee! :dry: The bastards could have given us a break in between. :down

3. Kitsune Fox of Ages

I'm wondering if we ever see Supernova again

4. GoldenAgeHero Registered

why? he's booster gold,what difference would it make?

5. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Did you even read 52 GAH?

6. Anubis Sup?

7. trustyside-kick The Marine Marvel

Because back when everyone was trying to predict who Supernova was (Connor, Booster, Rip, etc.) some of us actually wanted him to be a whole new superhero. He had an awesome design and awesome powers. If he did become a whole new character though I would remove the whole "technology" aspect of his suit though so it would be actual powers.

8. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

That's stupid though. The whole point behind the technology is that anyone could be Supernova, Jimmy Olsen could be Supernova. That's whats so great about the concept. If you remove that and just make it powers, you just have another Superman ripoff.:o

9. sethcohen still beats hal...

i was under the impression that daniel carter would continue to be supernova

10. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Well according to Johns, Supernova will show up in the Booster series and it's a mystery as tho who he is.

11. Mister J Ya Get What Ya ****ing Deserve!

Great. Another round of 'Who is Supernova?' :dry:

My money's on Ambush Bug. :up:

12. Kebab gud Registered

nope .. they made it clear that he was just Supernova in Week 52.. and they find a new use/user for the suit

13. Kitsune Fox of Ages

I would also like to see if Daniel Carter ever did anything with his life now. There was a lot of speculation that Daniel was actually Rip Hunter, but I guess that came to nothing.

14. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Blue Beetle is going to be on Teen Titans?

15. SonOfCthulhu Registered

Darth, where's that Beetle rumour coming from?

16. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

[​IMG]

I guess that also means Cyborg joins the JLA.

17. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Ew, Supergirl? I like Blue Beetle, but Supergirl's joining, too? Quit shoving that ***** down my throat, DC. I don't ****ing like her! :cmad:

Why couldn't Batgirl replace Ravager, too? She's a much better fighter and a much better character. :o
    It could still come to pass. We still don't know who Rip was before he became Rip Hunter, and he could easily be an older Dan. It seems like a stretch for Booster and Dan not to recognize him, but I guess he might've had his features altered somehow with future-tech or good ol' 21st-century plastic surgery or something.

I kind of wish Conner Kent could take up the role of Supernova. Cast out of time the moment before his death because of residual quantum weirdness from Superboy Prime or something. That'd be sweet. It's a pipe dream, though. :(

18. trustyside-kick The Marine Marvel

How? The powers are not similar. Flight? Big whoop. That is the only similarity.

19. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Yeah, the Sentry's powers aren't either, go figure.:whatever: :whatever: :whatever:

You pretty much want to strip Supernova of everything that makes the character interesting by making him some other *****e that got hit with rays, is an alien or got his powers from a totem.

20. trustyside-kick The Marine Marvel

How were any of Supernova's abilities similar to Supes? Can Supes teleport? Can he do any of the other things we saw Supernova do aside from flying? I really do not understand your arguement about this.

21. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Its the power of perception. It's another guy with a cape that has 25 different powers. What's so hard to understand here?:huh:

22. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

I agree that I like the suit as the source of Supernova's power, since it gives him the everyman appeal, but doesn't that just make him a rip-off of Iron Man or Steel or any of a hundred other suit-powered heroes rather than a rip-off of Superman or Spider-Man if his powers were internal?

23. trustyside-kick The Marine Marvel

But the powers, aside from one, are nothing alike. So...I don't see the problem with it.

24. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Probably.

25. sinewave Registered

not a bad lineup. i'd like to see speedy on the team and maybe bart, but it's not bad. notice how the three most powerful titans are all girls.