52 Is Killing DC

onceasaint said:
Haha you said two... :)

It'd be more like, "Huh Huh, you said two, huh huh".

But, I'm no Beavis and Butthead expert or anything.

jaydawg said:
Its sad you cant figure it out. They're spending so much time on this one thing, they've lost sight of the bigger picture.

Well...I wasn't reading Nightwing or Flash anymore before 52 anyway....and I actually like GL and WW...maybe cause I wasn't a long time reader ....and I see nothing wrong with Teen Titans. Still my favorite team book at DC.

Darthphere said:
As a criminal justice major, all of you be quiet, im on vacation.

"One semester we took criminalogy, wtf are we gonna use that for? Are we studying to be Batman??"

Assassin said:
"One semester we took criminalogy, wtf are we gonna use that for? Are we studying to be Batman??"

Criminal Justice and Criminology are two different things.

i know, it reminded me of a quote from clerks 2, **** you

Vic Von Doom said:
There, I said it. The weekly series "52" is killing DC. Sure it's entertaining, with multiple plotlines (Montoya, Booster, Black Adam, Steel, Dibny, Lost Space Heroes) and horrible back-up stories, but it's hurting DC as a whole, I think.

I think it is taking up so much time of the DC staff, that they don't have time to notice that after Geoff Johns character defining, iconic run on the Flash, Bilson and that other guy are ****ing up. They don't have time to notice that Bruce Jones turned Jason Todd into an octopus.

I just don't get it. I really dug the first issue of Wonder Woman, a book I've never read before, I fell in love with Checkmate, I was crack addicted to Identity Crisis and Infinite Crisis and everything in between, but such huge missteps are unbelievable.

I have to think that the hectic schedule of putting out 4 24 page comics every month is getting to them, and they're starting to slip a tad. Although, as I said, I enjoy 52, I'll be glad when it's gone I think.

then you have a long wait. DC sells hundreds of thousands of these things a month. it's a top seller and yet it's weekly. DC must be earning loads, which has to be good for their power at drawing in the big-money talent. i think this is one of the best projects i've heard of. and i like the new Flash... if anything the legacy was undone during IC, which is not 52's fault...

'52' is the best thing DC's done since the original 'Crisis'. Not just monetarily, but creatively, as well. It's been an absolute joy reading these stories from week to week.
I mostly read it for Black Adam, since I'm a HUGE Captain Marvel fan, but the other stories(especially Booster Gold) are entertaining as well, and the little extras are nice, too.
Also, it's nice to have a reason to go to the comic book shops every week. Believe me, when you're married, you need a reason to do ANYTHING.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"