Supergirl The Official Alexandra "Alex" Danvers/Chyler Leigh Thread

I try and read every post in this and the Political forum....I miss a few. :(

You do a good job Kelly!

Most of the time :cwink::woot:

Have you changed your avvy in the last few hours Kelly, or am I seeing things?

You are seeing things....

LOL, I'm just playing....with my avatar.

You are seeing things....

LOL, I'm just playing....with my avatar.

Haha, phew! thought it was the red wine playing tricks...

Nice FlashNoistSuperGustin crossover avatar!

So, I've got two episodes of Supergirl to watch to bring me up to date, and as I'm not working tomorrow I'm going to spoil myself and settle in with some (more) red wine and my girl Alex.

Shame that she kills Astra in one of these episodes though...

Sorry Kel, I'm a swine haha

Hey....you are going to get all kinds of Alex in these last two episodes, quit "swining"...

Anybody else agree that her performance in the last episode was amazing. When she cried and told Kara the truth I was blown away by it. I just wanted to jump into the scene and hug her myself.

Anybody else agree that her performance in the last episode was amazing. When she cried and told Kara the truth I was blown away by it. I just wanted to jump into the scene and hug her myself.

Yes, the chemistry between Melissa and Chyler is fantastic

Their chemistry off screen is only intensified onscreen, it is great to watch for sure.

Kel, if you read both Melissa and Chyler's tweets, their friendship translates flawlessly to the sisterhood between Kara and Alex. These two are TV's new dynamic duo. That scene with the hug at the end of Solitude not only made me try to find a box of Kleenex, but I felt like wanting to jump through my TV and hug them. :waa:

Alex is a cool character. She's very professional and dutiful in her work, and she's also got a warm heart that shines through in any scene showing her sisterhood with Kara. Chyler and Melissa make their scenes together work perfectly.

Their chemistry off screen is only intensified onscreen, it is great to watch for sure.

One of my favorite parts of the show. Especially the closing scene in 1x15.

Melissa Benoist may be the lead part, but, and I do not want to break this gal pal/sisterhood between her and Chyler, but Chyler Leigh is the star in terms of working with her fellow actors. But the love these two have on screen and off and on social media, it's real...it's d*** real!

I mean at the LA Times website they have the video of the cast and crew at SDCC and as Scheceter was talking, the video cut to Chyler kissing Melissa on her cheek (my babies...THE FEELS!:ilv::ilv:). Or how at the C2E2 in Chicago as they were at a lively and love filled interview in front of a live audience, Chyler did this creepy "I love you" whisper to Melissa. These two have chemistry that is dynamic, off the charts and so real.

And the ET interview (the one where Melissa accidentally slipped up and mentioned Marvel) when talking about Chyler though her name was not mentioned, instead "your sister" was mentioned how Melissa got it seems all heart eyes and said "She's more than a badass, she's my :hrt:!" My heart smiles when "Mel Mel and Chy Chy" love on each other. It's like I'm a dad happy for his two daughters.

And they love to have fun. Kevin Smith posted during filming of the 1/23 premiere Supergirl Lives how the two would act goofy and funny before filming but then readied themselves to film. These two need a little more exposure, but nothing to the level of...if I may say with a taste of bile in mouth, the Kardashians...:barf:

This doesn't have much to do with Alex, but more rather with Chyler Leigh, wife and mom. People Magazine has an article up on Chyler's singing debut (which is an INACCURACY--she sang on the Grey's Anatomy musical episode) along with husband Nathan West on the album Lost Transmission which includes the song Nowhere. The album's title track is dedicated to one of the West's three kids, 13-year-old Noah. Their other kids are Taelyn, 10, and Anniston, 7. Chyler calls these songs "love letters" to her family (starting to tear up.)

The title track relates specifically to Noah, whom the couple says has high-functioning autism, Asperger’s and ADHD.

“A lot of times it’s hard to get his attention,” explains West. “I decided ‘Lost Transmission’ really was me pouring out my heart for him, for his future, for what he can accomplish—encouraging him to be who he is and not shy away from that.”

It took Noah a moment to warm up to the song after first hearing it, but he eventually got teary. “This is my anthem,” he told his dad.

“As a parent, that’s what you want for your kids,” West says in response. “You want to help them to become the best they can be.”

Bold...comment here. For 22 years I have lived with a diagnosis of borderline Asperger’s Syndrome (now called Autism Spectrum Disorder), something I have had all my life it turns out. These days for me, I live with this condition, but it's sometimes never easy.

Another part of the article of course deals with the Alex/Maggie storyline. But I thought I would offer the other side of Chyler Leigh, the mother and musician. And it's a shame she's not part of the upcoming musical crossover.

UPDATE: There is an online review of the song, "Nowhere."

Reviewer Dave Simpson calls the song an "entrancing three and a half minute tune"

Furthermore...

The adept singing skills of West and Leigh combined with the absorbingly ethereal instrumentation will undoubtedly allure a large listenership. Be sure to investigate “Nowhere” for yourself on iTunes now.

And Simpson gave the song 4 out of 5 stars. Chyler...looks like you might have a hit on your hands.

Now to bring this radio stations across at least Canada and the US. It has a sort of Adult Album Alternative sound to it so maybe here in the states a station like non-commercial WFUV 90.7 in New York would air this, perhaps a commercial station like WXPK 107.1 The Peak also in the NYC area.

Last edited:
...it's a shame she's not part of the upcoming musical crossover.

Fair enough if there aren’t enough musical numbers for everyone. But it’s a bit odd that Leigh would get sidelined while, apparently, there’s room for Garber (who isn’t a cast member of either show). :thf:

I think, and would hope that her not being in the musical episode will give her some time with her family. Maybe a trip up to Whistler Mountain with them would be in order.

I think, and would hope that her not being in the musical episode will give her some time with her family. Maybe a trip up to Whistler Mountain with them would be in order.

A very good idea, Kelly. :yay:

Chyler once again showing how silly the set can be...and from this tweet, you can put an EMPHASIS on silly...and for some perhaps all of us, it's a flashback to childhood.

#fbf Last week - my 1st day on set ep 217 @ThatKevinSmith gave us stickers for doing a good job last time This time, #Upgrade !! He's #Boss

C44i92GVUAAKXiO.jpg

Thought I would share oil painting of her, Chyler Leigh/Alex Danvers that I done. Since its a Chyler Leigh thread. and couldn't make a new thread for it in the fan art forum. ;)

Hope it came out okay!

chyler%20leigh%20oil%20painting_zpsirj7dhnv.jpg

Last edited:
Thought I would share oil painting of her, Chyler Leigh/Alex Danvers that I done. Since its a Chyler Leigh thread. and couldn't make a new thread for it in the fan art forum. ;)

Hope it came out okay!

Very nice. Well done.

Kreisberg said that the reason for her not being in the musical was that because Melissa was off shooting that episode and a bit ,Chyler had picked up the slack in her absence

Kreisberg said that the reason for her not being in the musical was that because Melissa was off shooting that episode and a bit ,Chyler had picked up the slack in her absence

I've not seen that anywhere, but ok...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"