The Official Batman Forever Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's shame that Commish Gordon was acting stupid "what's going on? I saw the signal" Batman replies "false alarm" Chase: "Are you sure?" Yep that's out from the comics!

I didn't mean to make it sound like I was referring to the dialouge. I meant the cinematography was comic-like. Sorry.

I thought Forever was good when I was younger. Then I re-watched it recently and was really disappointed. (The change of theme music was a big minus factor) Kilmer tries, but he never pulls off a violent darkness. The Batmobile looked awful...and Robin was completely unnecessary.
I like the first sequence with Batman trying to capture Two-Face. But that's about it.

Even though it might not have fit, I think if they'd used the elfman score the movie would have been a bit better. It made the movie look better in the trailer atleast.

Batman Forever is only superficially colourful. The themes and characters are all dark, they're a bunch of tortured obsessives. I almost feel Schumacher is trying to disguise the darkness of the screenplay with lights on the surface, knowing most people will only take notice of that.

Look at the ending - Nygma wanted to be Bruce Wayne the whole time, and by the end he gets his wish (he believes he is Bruce after sucking his brain waves) - and everything that comes with it, i.e. Batman. Thus he completely loses any sanity and ends up in a shadowy cell in a straight jacket. That's as dark as anything has been in the Batman movies.

These are some points I hadn't considered. VERY good points, too...
I like being made to think. :up:

Even though it might not have fit, I think if they'd used the elfman score the movie would have been a bit better. It made the movie look better in the trailer atleast.
I think it would have, at least the more "actiony" part of the score, especially when Batman's driving. It's a perfect compliment, IMO.

I guess I'm the only one that liked Schumacher's Batman march.

It's not an decent movie at all. From both a fan and a non-fan perspective...it's complete rubbish.

I didn't care for the Batman Forever or Batman & Robin score at all. The "Bwaaaaaa bwa bwa bwaaaa bwa bwa bwa!" just sounds annoying to me. It almost sounds sarcastic.

whilst the film does have some good moments and potential, it's generally poor, especially in comparison to burton's work. I have seen this film a lot due to it being the only video that worked when I was ill a few times, (and her alibi) but would rather sit down and watch batman or batman return :)

I actually like Forever, i never noticed the nipples untill someone pointed it out, or the drive threw line (which is strange considering when i was growing up i used to watch BF once or twice everyday without fail almost for like 3 years). I know it has some real big flaws but i still thinks its entertaining and maybe it isnt 100% faithful, but the way i see it, you dont have to be faithful to make a great movie (im not saying BF is great here because it isnt).

Overall I loved it as a kid, and like it now.

I liked it back in 1995 in a 'it's ok' kind of way. Now I watch it and it's not that good but I don't hate it. I still can enjoy it.

BF was a descent movie.
I mean, it's still enjoyable, but in comparison with Burton's films it is a huge step down, imo.

I hadn't watched the movie in awhile, but when I watched it last night, I started thinking...

It's really a very good Batman movie. It has alot of flaws, sure, but at the end of the day it's a very entertaining movie that captures the spirit of Batman very well. Outisde of Batman Begins, its the best characterization of Batman/Bruce Wayne by far, I really like the psychology of the character and his interaction with Chase is better than his interaction with any other Batman love interest. The Robin storyline is handled pretty well. And whether you hate his overacting or not, Jim Carrey does the Riddler great justice.

The only real lowlight of the movie to be is Tommy Lee Jones getting two face all wrong, and the stupid neon light Gotham. And that ridiculous chase scene where Batman drives up a wall. Other than that, it's really quite good... It's a shame that it often gets coupled up with Batman and Robin as Schumaker's horrible Bat-movies, because it's really LIGHTYEARS better than B&R.

Anyone else think Batman Forever is underrated?

I hadn't watched the movie in awhile, but when I watched it last night, I started thinking...

It's really a very good Batman movie. It has alot of flaws, sure, but at the end of the day it's a very entertaining movie that captures the spirit of Batman very well. Outisde of Batman Begins, its the best characterization of Batman/Bruce Wayne by far, I really like the psychology of the character and his interaction with Chase is better than his interaction with any other Batman love interest. The Robin storyline is handled pretty well. And whether you hate his overacting or not, Jim Carrey does the Riddler great justice.

The only real lowlight of the movie to be is Tommy Lee Jones getting two face all wrong, and the stupid neon light Gotham. And that ridiculous chase scene where Batman drives up a wall. Other than that, it's really quite good... It's a shame that it often gets coupled up with Batman and Robin as Schumaker's horrible Bat-movies, because it's really LIGHTYEARS better than B&R.

Anyone else think Batman Forever is underrated?

Agreed 99%(I liked the chase-scene including the wall drive-up.....kinda),I always thought/I do and will always think BF is underrated!!

Although I prefer B'89/Returns/BB&TDK,I sure think it's great for the most part and prefer it over B:TM(60's)and B&R(which I actually like some of it cause it's like a weird comic-issue or animated episode come to life.....But indeed the weakest since the 60's show&movie)!!

I don't think it's under rated... so much as now simply over shadowed.

It did GREAT business at the box office and got pretty moderate reviews at the time. Nowadays fans generally recognise it as a decent film that got a lot right and alot wrong.

Its Batman circa 1995... It has it's place in bat-history but unfortunately is tainted by its sequel.

I enjoy Batman Forever to a certain degree, yes. Tommy lee Jones was a huuuuuuuge let down. I just get the feeling that he wasnt really interested in figuring out the character after what he repeatedly said in interviews about just doing it "for his kid." Not that the script really delved into Harvey that much. I just wish he hadn't been thrown away by the end of the film is all. Anyway... I don't take it very seriously as an actual Batman film (like B&R) but there are times when I enjoy watching bits of it. Mostly for nostalgia, I think.

PS... I should add that it's one of the very few films I've seen at the cinema... TWICE.

Batman Forever will always have special place in my heart. I still greatly enjoy the film despite Tommy lee Jones outrageous portrayal as Two-Face. The film is still an enjoyable film with a great score soundtrack IMO, Val looked great as Batman/Bruce Wayne much more than Keaton did, Chris was much better as Robin/Dick Grayson in this film than B&R, I loved the re-designed Batcave, Batmobile, Batwing and Batboat. Jim Carey was great as The Riddler and you could tell he was attempting to pay homage to Frank Gorshin in his portrayal of the character .

Nicole Kidman was super hot and sexy as Dr. Chase Meridian. The film itself is still darker than B&R, but it also more kid friendly due to the over the top dark atmosphere and grossness that was in Batman Returns particularly Tim burton's gothic version of The Penguin among other things . Still Batman Forever was a much more faithful version than B&R, Furthermore I noticed that because the lighting was darker in scenes featuring Batman (the accursed Bat-nipples on the batsuit in the first costume is not as noticeable as it is in B&R) The themes dealt in Batman Forever were Destiny, Duality, Revenge, Obsession , Partners etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"