The Official Best of YouTubes Links - Part 2

Ladies and gentlemen.. Uh... LADIES AND GENTLEMEN by SALIVA with the fan favorite anime ONE PUNCH MAN:
[YT]M1zgZIHqFjM[/YT]

I know I am late to the party on this one, but I ended up just really admiring the Netflix show ALTERED CARBON. Take Blade Runner, Phillip Marlowe, Ghost In The Shell, Firefly and The Matrix into a blender and you might come up with something like this. I thought the ideas and plot were interesting and textured, as was the world. It rarely pulled punches in terms of content and characters. Set in the far future where human beings are now capable of not only shifting consciousness from one body or "sleeve" to the next, but also using the same technology to allow for consciousness to "needlecast" from a body on one planet to a body on another across galaxy. The story follows a human named Takeshi Kovacs who's trials and tribulations would probably shatter most people as he is buffeted by forces from inside his own mind to the near immortal elite of this cutting edge future time.

I can see how it's not for everyone but that's not for dint of trying to deliver a good Science Fiction Cyberpunk Noir. Bellow are some fan tributes. ALL CONTAIN SPOILERS so please, if you have not seen the show and are interested in going in blind on a first view don't click on the videos.

Ain't no grave, cover by Renée Elise Goldsberry (original song by Claude Ely in 1941, cover as well by Johny Cash):
Takeshi Kovacs was a specially trained and enhanced soldier on BOTH sides of a clash between those that think humanity can be gods and those that know death is the natural partner of life. He eventually finds himself killed and awakens hundreds of years in the future in a body that is not his own.

[YT]2nHzfde4_DY[/YT]

Too Far Moon, Til My Heart Stops:
Takeshi Kovacs has a true star he follows, even when he doesn't want to. The love of his life, the woman who set his soul free... Quell Falconer.

[YT]Kj_pIceQ4GA[/YT]

(I just) Died in Your Arms, cover by Hidden Citizens, Epic Trailer Version:
Takeshi Kovacs takes on his own sister in a sword fight as the futuristic, above the clouds facility plummets to Earth.

[YT]v47tPwMkAPQ[/YT]

A tribute to the film THE MARTIAN using Passenger's cover of David Bowie's Space Oddity:
[YT]CQE5Zpn2ZDw[/YT]

As Infinity War comes bearing down on us at the end of the month let's celebrate the ride we've been on up til this point. A tribute to the MCU on film and Neflix using a remix of Queen's WE WILL ROCK YOU:
[YT]23gr_kfmQ1o[/YT]

Short and sweet... A fan made recreation of the original 1980's Transformers cartoon intro and end credits done in stop motion:
[YT]9tnZWTuLQ38[/YT]

[YT]IVJHML4Yhco[/YT]

For comparison the original intro and outros:
[YT]5zFLm8bpAN8[/YT]

[YT]9xRV0RYU2j0[/YT]

A 3D reconstruction of Constantinople during the Middle Ages:

[YT]uX4UJv-eIjQ[/YT]

Join the Space Family Robinson, Don West, the "Robot" and the scheming Dr. Smith as they encounter wonder, mystery, tragedy and adventure in Netflix's new Sci Fi series. Here is a fan tribute using the actual series intro for a montage of the first season's action and visuals. Mild spoilers so if you are interested in watching, don't click:
[YT]Pwpifvc1n-E[/YT]

Sometimes it's not about justice... It's about punishment. A tribute to Netflix's adaptation of Marvel's The Punisher:
[YT]mYtE2bcabuY[/YT]

"With great power... Comes great responsibility." One of the greatest quotes in all of comic book super herodom. To that end, a fan tribute to the life and times of Peter Parker, Spider-Man as he's been on the big screen portrayed by three different talented actors. :
[YT]O4LLvDJAaD0[/YT]

Of course it's also pretty awesome being Spidey too folks. :
[YT]rGOYVZIkjEQ[/YT]

A fave of mine. A tribute mixing together the visuals of the out there visual flare of the 1980 FLASH GORDON and the music used for the Endor battle in RETURN OF THE JEDI by John Wiliams:
[YT]k61fyEBc_j8[/YT]

In keeping with the Flash Gordon theme, uh, literally, here is a well edited tribute to season one of the CW FLASH show set to Queen's Flash Gordon theme. Quite well done I think:
[YT]ac0XMgWBeLA[/YT]

*Thanks for letting me know Dave.

Last edited:
Was listening to one of my older podcasts (link in my sig below, **plug-plug** ) about the 1998 cult film DARK CITY and we talk as others have about the similarities between Proyas' Kafka-esque fever dream of a man in a world of forever night and the Wachowski's Slick, stylish intellectual action fest. So here is a nice tribute doing a literal side by side comparison between the two pseudo-messiahs of the film and their journeys towards being the demiurges of their worlds:
[YT]moW17YHl6B8[/YT]

Jurassic Parkour:
[YT]a30K69hUJyo[/YT]

"Live as one of them, Kal-El, to discover where your strength and your power are needed. But always hold in your heart the pride of your special heritage. They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son." Happy Birthday Superman:
[YT]v8NYF5upxVw[/YT]

Fan made recreation of the Robotech intro with theme from a modernized Macross video game:
[YT]F4Wl0p_TF0Q[/YT]

the original 1984 intro in HD for comparison:
[YT]qEe0kzyFOyU[/YT]

Just a guy explaining how to make a Liquid Sand Hot Tub/Fluidized air bed:
[YT]My4RA5I0FKs[/YT]

I really like watching content from this channel. I made my own truck mod as well using a spare set of fuel wheels, suspension lift, and custom bumper.
[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLmt_VmPwKE[/YT]

Last edited:
Christopher Kenobi Teaser:
[YT]u6CIffHeqYE[/YT]

A chance encounter between a deep sea ROV's team and a wandering sperm whale:
[YT]SkBpummjR5I[/YT]

A fan tribute on the path to Infinity War:
[YT]xtddiE0J99E[/YT]

Disney, Godzilla style:
[YT]12UG_rIpZjY[/YT]

Infinity War, Godzilla style:
[YT]gL9WTlff0XQ[/YT]

An animated Potter parody, Say The Magic Word:
[YT]6iZN_5j3KUA[/YT]

Not sure if this is not considered 'serious' enough but found a you tube channel basically of people dancing to old '90's dance classics and various 'dance' tracks and found it quite uplifting so throwing it here....KM Channel :

[YT]XPmBnnon0Ek[/YT] - Haddaway - What is Love

[YT]BV1eKphHFjY[/YT] - General Dance

[YT]ZozkojhwjHI[/YT] - 2Unlimited

Would love to be able to move & have this kind of ability. I have two left feet.

Last edited:
This is also unbelievably awesome....

[YT]JozAmXo2bDE[/YT]

and

[YT]Ul8vqaGGnY0[/YT]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members