The Official "Ask A Brotha" Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's true, we don't do that.

I can understand someone having the original article's point of view. But, like the reaction has shown, one can't just assume the background of people they see wearing such clothes or using such markings. Especially in a city like NYC during Afropunk. Though I do think it's an opportunity for people of any background to at least look into the culture(s) they're emulating. Good education and all that. Also, it would be cool if people checked out their genetic make-up. But, that can be expensive.

My feeling on that story is this. Most teenagers are A-holes with attitude problems. If you or I body slammed our teenage children and they called the police on us we would be arrested and charged with assault. That officer did the wrong thing and deserved to be fired.

Last edited:
I decided to read through both articles, and it's really embarrassing to think that after management of this white guy made a huge mess of the country.
BRAND_BIO_BIO_George-W-Bush-Mini-Biography_0_172234_SF_HD_768x432-16x9.jpg

And management under this black guy helped correct lots of wrongs his white predecessor made.
1000509261001_2008586720001_BIO-Barack-Obama-SF-FIX-Retry.jpg

And a valuable lesson is taken from this, and it's still the era of the second guy. instead, it seems like the white aggressors are mad because the black guy ran a full term and is nearing his second full term, beating white people in both cases.

Good God, I dread to think of how things might worsen after the current one leaves and someone awful succeeds him.

Okay what do you guys think of black men giving up on American black women and going to Brazil to find a female?

Black men claim that black American women treat them like less of a man when the man makes less money. And more and more black women are better educated than their black male peers. Black men also claim Brazilian women are not only more attractive, they also treat them like a king.

Black women claim that black men expect them to cook, clean, etc even though women often bring home the bacon. Many black women claim the men who go to Brazil are simply paying local prostitutes for sex.

There are some interesting videos about this on YouTube.

So who's right and who's wrong?

I decided to read through both articles, and it's really embarrassing to think that after management of this white guy made a huge mess of the country.
BRAND_BIO_BIO_George-W-Bush-Mini-Biography_0_172234_SF_HD_768x432-16x9.jpg

And management under this black guy helped correct lots of wrongs his white predecessor made.
1000509261001_2008586720001_BIO-Barack-Obama-SF-FIX-Retry.jpg

And a valuable lesson is taken from this, and it's still the era of the second guy. instead, it seems like the white aggressors are mad because the black guy ran a full term and is nearing his second full term, beating white people in both cases.

Good God, I dread to think of how things might worsen after the current one leaves and someone awful succeeds him.

Well, the treatment of Black people in the US go centuries beyond anything those two have done in their respective presidencies.

Okay what do you guys think of black men giving up on American black women and going to Brazil to find a female?

Black men claim that black American women treat them like less of a man when the man makes less money. And more and more black women are better educated than their black male peers. Black men also claim Brazilian women are not only more attractive, they also treat them like a king.

Black women claim that black men expect them to cook, clean, etc even though women often bring home the bacon. Many black women claim the men who go to Brazil are simply paying local prostitutes for sex.

Hmm... I totally missed the Brazil thing. But, I will say that some Black men put down Black woman in ways I have seen no other race or ethnicity do their own. Like you don't see other guys putting down women at the same amount, frequency, severity, etc. as some Black men do. It truly baffles me. I'm not sure where it all started. I found the documentary on the YouTube, I'll have to check that out later.

I've actually never really discussed the issue of women making more money or standard gender roles with any of my friends or anyone I know. With my, I've never seen who's making the most as ever being an issue between the two of them. Both have switched places as the greater source of income for a variety of reasons, but the main thing was just to provide for the family and whatnot.

Well, the treatment of Black people in the US go centuries beyond anything those two have done in their respective presidencies.
I know.
But man, I hoped this might change things for the better.

I know.
But man, I hoped this might change things for the better.

Nah, that's a big mistake. Things like this can't change overnight. And certainly not when this is the history of the country...

tumblr_nvbjxrKUDm1rpnl36o1_1280.jpg

The white boys are snatching up the sisters nowadays from what I'm seeing walking down the street.

Hmm... I totally missed the Brazil thing. But, I will say that some Black men put down Black woman in ways I have seen no other race or ethnicity do their own. Like you don't see other guys putting down women at the same amount, frequency, severity, etc. as some Black men do. It truly baffles me. I'm not sure where it all started. I found the documentary on the YouTube, I'll have to check that out later.

I've actually never really discussed the issue of women making more money or standard gender roles with any of my friends or anyone I know. With my, I've never seen who's making the most as ever being an issue between the two of them. Both have switched places as the greater source of income for a variety of reasons, but the main thing was just to provide for the family and whatnot.

Black men can abuse their position and so can black women. It's hard to tell who's mostly at fault.

I don't blame black women for becoming more independent and domineering after dealing with power tripping misogynists (players and thugs). But what happens to the nice guys. Do they get any respect or love for being less of a A-hole?

Anyway, I look forward to your thoughts on the documentary.

Black men can abuse their position and so can black women. It's hard to tell who's mostly at fault.

I don't blame black women for becoming more independent and domineering after dealing with power tripping misogynists (players and thugs). But what happens to the nice guys. Do they get any respect or love for being less of a A-hole?

Anyway, I look forward to your thoughts on the documentary.

I agree both can abuse their positions. I'm not sure if there can be any one thing or point in time to explain why things have turned out the way they are. Most likely it's a variety of reasons.

Well, I think that would depend on the person. Like are they the type who just comes on too strong in general or does it only come to personal/dating type of relationships? Do they allow past experiences change their complete outlook on men/women in general rather than looking at it from a case by case basis? This all ties into how each person handles respect for others and to what different degrees they do it at.

I'll probably watch it tomorrow or Saturday to see what the people are saying.

All I know is it seems like some American cops are just unnecessarily aggressive.

I've said before that a cop could probably shoot a black toddler on live television and there would be people who say the toddler deserved it. There are certainly some prejudice people out there with a warped sense of reality and morality.

I don't think black American women are any better or worst then any other women.

People always think the grass is greener on the other side.

If you think a man or women is too demanding or doesn't meet a certain standard then don't be with them. Date or marry whoever makes you happy.

I don't feel Black men and women owe any obligation to one another simply because they share a race.

The whole black men put down their women more than any other race is such media bs. Just because 10 rappers and young thugs do it doesn't mean the majority do. It's more of a poor thing if anything, not a race thing. If you've ever been poor and lived in a diverse neighborhood you would know this. I lived next to white neighbors and he would beat her and they would fight every night. Just shut up stop making excuses and date whoever you want. You don't need to put down anyone to do it.

The whole generalization of black men and women done by sexes is just awful.

You can date whoever you want but don't run down or stereotype an entire racial group of the opposite sex.

In my experience the people who complain the most about the men/women of their race are often the ones with the problems. They put the blame on others when they really need to be looking hard at themselves.

All I know is it seems like some American cops are just unnecessarily aggressive.

I've said before that a cop could probably shoot a black toddler on live television and there would be people who say the toddler deserved it. There are certainly some prejudice people out there with a warped sense of reality and morality.

I'm inclined agree with you even if the toddler example sounds extreme, but things seem to be going that way. They always try to set it up where the Black person deserved their abuse or death. Very quick to blame the victim no matter what.

So, I watch the documentary. I thought it was weird. Essentially, most of the guys are middle-aged men (who struck out in the US or already in relationships) who couldn't find a woman who fit their view of how gender roles should work in relationships and decided to go to another country for younger single women or prostitutes. These guys are like the average dudes who down talk about Black woman like they're great catches themselves and will always bring up women's bodies at some point in the conversation. It actually kinda reminded me of the complaints I've read from Asian women about guys who go their countries to fulfill their fetishes. Also, as others have said, this was pretty much an example of people who blamed others for why relationships don't work out for them and then use that as a reason to say Black men or woman suck.

What seems to be forgotten is how much women (and men) would like to have some stability in their lives. Now, this was touched upon towards the end and I felt like it sort of an add-on to the rest of the film. So, I think looking for someone you feel will help increase that chance due to their education, financially, etc. while also being a great companion seems fair enough.

Oh, and the interviews with the local women at the end gave the impression of how superficial these relationships and the reasons the men go over there are.

Like I said, I thought the whole thing was weird really. If you meet someone and you both are looking for different things, move on. No need to dismiss the women of your own race or country.

George the Poet did explored the meaning of black culture on BBC's Artsnight show as part of Black History Month here in the UK.

So, I watch the documentary. I thought it was weird. Essentially, most of the guys are middle-aged men (who struck out in the US or already in relationships) who couldn't find a woman who fit their view of how gender roles should work in relationships and decided to go to another country for younger single women or prostitutes. These guys are like the average dudes who down talk about Black woman like they're great catches themselves and will always bring up women's bodies at some point in the conversation. It actually kinda reminded me of the complaints I've read from Asian women about guys who go their countries to fulfill their fetishes. Also, as others have said, this was pretty much an example of people who blamed others for why relationships don't work out for them and then use that as a reason to say Black men or woman suck.

What seems to be forgotten is how much women (and men) would like to have some stability in their lives. Now, this was touched upon towards the end and I felt like it sort of an add-on to the rest of the film. So, I think looking for someone you feel will help increase that chance due to their education, financially, etc. while also being a great companion seems fair enough.

Oh, and the interviews with the local women at the end gave the impression of how superficial these relationships and the reasons the men go over there are.

Like I said, I thought the whole thing was weird really. If you meet someone and you both are looking for different things, move on. No need to dismiss the women of your own race or country.

There are similarities between the white men who go to Eastern Europe to find mail order brides and black men who go to Brazil. You find men who could be described as betas and others who seem predatory complaining about the independent woman in America. The betas are probably not able to get women who meet their physical standards in the USA so they seek desperate foreign women who are attractive and younger. The predators enjoy that desperation as well since it gives them the power over younger, beautiful women they don't have in the U.S..

But how much of this is shallow and exploitative and how much is reasonable?

If I gave a normal looking guy with a normal job the choice between young, beautiful, exotic women who will treat him like an king and an older, less attractive women who will treat him like a scrub can you really blame him for buying the plane ticket?

Are normal guys supposed to simply accept their low standing in America and deal with attractive women and even normal women treating them like scrubs?

I admit, neither is the ideal situation but it's kind of unreasonable to shame normal guys for wanting to feel like kings once in their lives.

And let's not forget older women also travel to poor countries to get treated like royalty physically and emotionally. Should they be shamed for it?

Most American men aren't going to treat these older women with the whirlwind romance and royal treatment they always dreamed about. Why would these same men shame these women for seeking it elsewhere? Ditto for people looking down on guys who go overseas to live their fantasies.

Isn't it reasonable to seek out better treatment and more desirable companionship even if everyone tells you you don't deserve it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"