The Official Black Panther Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious. In a 1972 issue of the Fantastic Four set in the fictional African country of Rudyarda(obviously apartheid era South Africa), T'Challa is made to say that he is aware of the use of his name ("The Black Panther") by the the militant African American group -but says that he neither condemns or condones this. Has he legally copyrighted the name since then(hey, even The Hells Angels do so) , especially given the recrudescence of the so-called "New Black Panther Party as of late? Also about the legal status of his bride Queen Ororo-will she be renouncing either her US citizenship (possible but unlikely as even Grace Kelly kept her American citizenship when she married Prince Rainier of Monaco) or her spiritual beliefs (presumably Christian but denomination uncertain) in favour of her husband's Panther God? (In the UK, under the 1701 Act Of Settlement, a heir/heiress to the throne is required by law not just to be an Anglican but that his/her spouse is explicitly forbidden to be a Roman Catholic) Are there similar laws in Wakanda? Although I doubt if this is formally written down, it is understood that the consort to their King( is the Salic law which prohibits women ruling in their own right as Queen in for in Wakanda as well?) should be black-which of course narrows down the field of potential suitors to a pretty small number-Storm and Photon are the only two Afro-American heroines around. Please confirm all these things

Terry

Fantasyartist said:
I'm curious. In a 1972 issue of the Fantastic Four set in the fictional African country of Rudyarda(obviously apartheid era South Africa), T'Challa is made to say that he is aware of the use of his name ("The Black Panther") by the the militant African American group -but says that he neither condemns or condones this. Has he legally copyrighted the name since then(hey, even The Hells Angels do so) , especially given the recrudescence of the so-called "New Black Panther Party as of late? Also about the legal status of his bride Queen Ororo-will she be renouncing either her US citizenship (possible but unlikely as even Grace Kelly kept her American citizenship when she married Prince Rainier of Monaco) or her spiritual beliefs (presumably Christian but denomination uncertain) in favour of her husband's Panther God? (In the UK, under the 1701 Act Of Settlement, a heir/heiress to the throne is required by law not just to be an Anglican but that his/her spouse is explicitly forbidden to be a Roman Catholic) Are there similar laws in Wakanda? Although I doubt if this is formally written down, it is understood that the consort to their King( is the Salic law which prohibits women ruling in their own right as Queen in for in Wakanda as well?) should be black-which of course narrows down the field of potential suitors to a pretty small number-Storm and Photon are the only two Afro-American heroines around. Please confirm all these things

Terry
Boy, those were deep questions.

Based on what I've read,... T'Challa won't force Ororo to change her beliefs, Wakanda is Anal about a few things,.. but forcing their beliefs on someone else doesn't appear to be on the list of things they will do.

I'm STILL waiting for the civil war that "should" errupt when the primary purpose of his female body-guards goes away with the marriage to Storm.

As "Brides in Waiting" where the best solution was for him to pick one of them to be his wife,... even the Mouth from New York,... his having them where they were is one of the primary things that kept Wakanda together.

Anubis said:
Not really. Hydra agents are easier to kill than the Hand.

This is Hydra were talking about, not AIM.:rolleyes::o

The Bee keepers are another easy to kill group of motha f**kas.

deemar325 said:
Try this...

Aunt May + Fruit Pies = Ass whoopin!

If you wouldve said Golden Oldie, I wouldve given you that.

deemar325 said:
Storms Grandparents whooped on some Hydra agents?

Storm grands are Ole' Gs. Anywho, its only like two but it was fun none-the-less. :up:

This issue rang with dual finality and possibilities. Don't wanna spoil it for those who could'nt get their hands on the issue yet. Geez some characters in BP history resurfaces yum, looks to be a delicious wedding indeed.

Did anybody get last issue? T'Challa's Grandpa not only took down Cap, but Namor as well. And it looks like BP's chosen a side finally. Can't wait to see him kick IM's ass a fourth time.

Anubis said:
Did anybody get last issue? T'Challa's Grandpa not only took down Cap, but Namor as well. And it looks like BP's chosen a side finally. Can't wait to see him kick IM's ass a fourth time.
Yup.

I thought It was "cute"

I tell you,.. Every ref to The Panthers GrandPop makes him a serious Bad-AZZ.

LOL

What a thoughtful thug he was.

Anubis said:

Oh good god.

PRIEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:csad:

Anubis said:

Yeah, it was cool beans. :woot:

I like the fact that they said he had to hit him with the dust three times before he finally stopped trying to kill him. That is so Namor.

Anubis said:
I like the fact that they said he had to hit him with the dust three times before he finally stopped trying to kill him. That is so Namor.

Yeah, but the way he and the rest of the Invaders just pummeled those Nazis was so worth their appearance. I haven't had that much fun since Black Panther broke off the Red Skull's jaw. "I warned you, Skull" - then CRACK! Now if the could just write Shadowcat beating up the Red Skull's daughter I'd be in heaven.

Rereading in my collection how BP took down Mesphisto,......

How can folk even believe that Tony Stark has a chance,....

I want BP to get new powers from the Panther god. Now that he has storm, think he needs to be given either a power boost or
something, make it a marriage right?
I suppose could also put this in here...
I was thinking for Young Avengers, They should add a "black panther" kid maybe call him "Coal Tiger" have him be from Wakanda maybe a exchange student? Maybe make it a female, his sister? or someone, who wanted to be the new BP but didn't get to compete?

After reading 22, i am now a fan of the panther. And i'll take Storm anywhere I can get her.

Storm is a bad character with stupid powers that don't even make sense.

:wow:...:cmad:(calm it down, Kev. just calm it down)*sigh*

Sorry to pick on you but I´ve seen a lot of posters do this lately and it´s a REAL pain.
Nobody like to read through these huge chunck os text, so why don´t you break it down to more edible portions?

Instead of this:

Fantasyartist said:

Terry

How about this?

Fantasyartist said:
I'm curious.

In a 1972 issue of the Fantastic Four set in the fictional African country of Rudyarda(obviously apartheid era South Africa), T'Challa is made to say that he is aware of the use of his name ("The Black Panther") by the the militant African American group -but says that he neither condemns or condones this.

Has he legally copyrighted the name since then(hey, even The Hells Angels do so) , especially given the recrudescence of the so-called "New Black Panther Party as of late?

Also about the legal status of his bride Queen Ororo-will she be renouncing either her US citizenship (possible but unlikely as even Grace Kelly kept her American citizenship when she married Prince Rainier of Monaco) or her spiritual beliefs (presumably Christian but denomination uncertain) in favour of her husband's Panther God?

(In the UK, under the 1701 Act Of Settlement, a heir/heiress to the throne is required by law not just to be an Anglican but that his/her spouse is explicitly forbidden to be a Roman Catholic)
Are there similar laws in Wakanda?

Although I doubt if this is formally written down, it is understood that the consort to their King( is the Salic law which prohibits women ruling in their own right as Queen in for in Wakanda as well?) should be black-which of course narrows down the field of potential suitors to a pretty small number-Storm and Photon are the only two Afro-American heroines around.

Please confirm all these things

Terry

Doesn´t it look so much more pleasant to the eye?

If you want people to read your posts, this is the way to go::cwink:

It does look better. The first time around I didn't even read it because it was clump together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"