The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 5

Wheres this idea that Whyte is a multi time drug cheat come from? What a load of rubbish. He popped once. And he has deserved a shot at the title. ****ing nobodies like Arthur Spilkja, Bermaine Stiverne, Dominic Brezeale, Luis Ortiz get shots at the title? (Anyone who say Ortiz is legit doesn't know **** about boxing. The bloke is 58 years old and his best win is Bryant Jennings. Dont let the US broadcasters and the WBC fool you into thinking he's a bogeyman. That was just blowing smoke up Wilder's arse) The idea that Whyte was ducking eliminators is laughable. Why would he fight Povetkin, who whilst old, is a much more dangerous fighter than any of the others I've named? Whyte couldve just sat on his arse waiting or couldve fought a bum like Otto Wallin or Sefer Seferi instead. Whyte refused to fight Ortiz in an eliminator out of principle. He already fought his eliminator! It was all politics because the US broadcasters and promoters can't stand the idea of the WBC HW belt not being in the US. Its as simple as that. Didnt work out in the end though did it.

In all honesty I think Whyte and Povetkin smoke Wilder, if the cowardly protected hype job ever fights again. Even after losing the belt he's tried to hold it hostage.

Now watch Fury go fight another absolute bum and still claim to be an ATG despite he himself having a resumé comparable to Wilder. Itd be nice to see Fury fight someone from the top 10 like Parker.

Well actually Wilder might fight again, now that the WBC has basically created a new Division just for him. Absolute joke of an organisation, despite all the history and the attractive belt.

As for the big fight this weekend? Loma is going to dismantle Lopez. He's going to drown him. I think the pressure that Teo's absolute wanker of a dad has created is going to weigh heavily on his shoulders and I see him basically becoming a human punching bag by the 5th after Loma figures out the timing and patterns of his counters.

Hopefully Teo tells his old man to jog on after all this.

Last edited:
Wheres this idea that Whyte is a multi time drug cheat come from? What a load of rubbish. He popped once.

In all honesty I think him and Povetkin smoke Wilder, if the cowardly protected hype job ever fights again.

Well he might do, now that the WBC has basically created a Division just for him. Absolute joke of an organisation, despite all the history and the attractive belt.

As for the big fight this weekend? Loma is going to dismantle Lopez. He's going to drown him. I think the pressure that Teo's absolute wanker of a dad has created is going to weigh heavily on his shoulders and I see him basically becoming a human punching bag by the 5th after Loma figures out the timing and patterns of his counters.

Hopefully Teo tells his old man to jog on after all this.

Just for the record, I wasn't speaking specifically about Whyte, but am rather disappointed there is relatively widespread cheating going on and applaud those who play the game the right way. That was my main point.

You could be right WRT the fight tonight, but this is one I don't feel as confident about as usual. Even though his pro career is relatively short, I consider Lomo (yeah, I know it's supposed to be Loma....) one of the best I've ever seen and I've seen a lot; having grown up in a boxing family. He just comes at you from so many angles and there's seemingly no pattern to his attack. I can't tell you how difficult that would make an opponent. How do you figure out a guy who will throw virtually any punch at any time from any angle? I have recorded a few of his fights and rewatched them without watching his punches, but focused specifically on his footwork and it is absolutely spectacular. Lopez had better keep his head on a swivel.

Just for the record, I wasn't speaking specifically about Whyte, but am rather disappointed there is relatively widespread cheating going on and applaud those who play the game the right way. That was my main point.

You could be right WRT the fight tonight, but this is one I don't feel as confident about as usual. Even though his pro career is relatively short, I consider Lomo (yeah, I know it's supposed to be Loma....) one of the best I've ever seen and I've seen a lot; having grown up in a boxing family. He just comes at you from so many angles and there's seemingly no pattern to his attack. I can't tell you how difficult that would make an opponent. How do you figure out a guy who will throw virtually any punch at any time from any angle? I have recorded a few of his fights and rewatched them without watching his punches, but focused specifically on his footwork and it is absolutely spectacular. Lopez had better keep his head on a swivel.

Oh hey it wasn't aimed at you, but the guy who seems to think Whyte is a serial drug cheat.

And I agree about tonight's fight. Lopez is a very talented kid. But thats just it. He's a kid. In the world of boxing anyway. And he's surrounded by too many yes men. And I think his dad is putting too much pressure on him. Teo even started crying when talking about their relationship, which is a huge red flag.

His mind needs to be right when going up against Loma. Who is levels above pretty much everyone. The guy is like an artist.

Oh hey it wasn't aimed at you, but the guy who seems to think Whyte is a serial drug cheat.

And I agree about tonight's fight. Lopez is a very talented kid. But thats just it. He's a kid. In the world of boxing anyway. And he's surrounded by too many yes men. And I think his dad is putting too much pressure on him. Teo even started crying when talking about their relationship, which is a huge red flag.

His mind needs to be right when going up against Loma. Who is levels above pretty much everyone. The guy is like an artist.

Yeah. Even though Loma has only had 15 fights as a professional, his experience is light years above someone with a similar number.

I had it a draw, but two of those cards were inexcusable. Fight sports judges suck so much.

I believe Lomo throws more combinations as well, but I also think he's been able to do that against a certain level of competition.

Personally, I've always been hesitant to anoint boxers who haven't faced a full assortment of styles. Usually guys with huge amateur records or coming from out of the country build their name off of guys without one. Too many times once those guys get in there with someone they can't fold, they have no answer.

In short, I'll give you that, Lomo throws more combinations and he's pretty quick with it. But to me there's a big difference between doing that to guys you know can't catch up with you, and someone who can...

That's it. That's all this was. I won easy money. At no point in time was this dude "the best boxer in the world" with Crawford, Canelo, Errol and Fury still breathing. Guys with resumes WAAAAAY better than Loma's ever was...

I had it a draw, but two of those cards were inexcusable. Fight sports judges suck so much.

Flat out draw. Couldn't be more clear. Lopez was great. Lomo gave away too much in the first half of the fight. Lopez has really fast hands and has a great future. I think Lomo beats him in a rematch.

Harold Lederman is rolling his eyes from his grave. Julie Lederman, as usual, should never be allowed to score a fight again.

Flat out draw. Couldn't be more clear. Lopez was great. Lomo gave away too much in the first half of the fight. Lopez has really fast hands and has a great future. I think Lomo beats him in a rematch.

Harold Lederman is rolling his eyes from his grave. Julie Lederman, as usual, should never be allowed to score a fight again.
When my brother heard her card, he said, "why is Harold's daughter's card always so bad." :funny:

I can see an argument for 7-5 Lopez, but nothing more. 1 round on one card, 3 on another for Loma? Jesus.

When my brother heard her card, he said, "why is Harold's daughter's card always so bad." :funny:

I can see an argument for 7-5 Lopez, but nothing more. 1 round on one card, 3 on another for Loma? Jesus.

My father always told me about how crooked boxing is. It was worse back then. Now it's more subtle.....except when you have Judge Julie.

Lopez easily swept the first seven rounds and he won the 12th.

119-109 is ridiculous but 116-112 is 100% dead on and 117-111 is reasonable too.

lopez-lomachenko-compubox-punch-stats.jpg

Anyone who thinks Lomachenko won more than 4 rounds needs to watch the fight again, and this is coming from someone who bet on Lomachenko and lost money on the fight.

As to the poster above who says Dillian Whyte only popped for PEDs once, that is blatantly false.

In 2012 he tested positive for the banned stimulant Methylhexaneamine and was suspended for 2 years.

Then in 2019 he tested positive for the banned steroid dianabol before the Oscar Rivas fight. In a staggering display of corruption, Whyte was allowed by the BBBoC to fight and Rivas' team was not informed of the positive test until after the fight. And then much like Tyson Fury did when he failed a test for nandro against Christian Hammer, Whyte and his legal team got out of it by putting legal pressure on the BBBoC to stand down because a protracted legal battle would bankrupt them.

Whyte also nearly killed a few amateur boxers. In amateur boxing, there is an "absolute novice" category for fighters with almost zero experience. Dillian Whyte lied about his experience as a European champion level pro kickboxer and got thrown in there with random dudes fighting in their first handful of amateur fights and gave more than one of them brain damage.

I watched it again and had it 6-6. Punch stats do not always tell the story. Clean shots and shots that have a visible effect count. I didn't really think any of the rounds were that close, but can accept that a person might see one or two of them differently than I do.

Julie Lederman is a disgrace and has been for quite a long time.

I watched it again and had it 6-6. Punch stats do not always tell the story. Clean shots and shots that have a visible effect count. I didn't really think any of the rounds were that close, but can accept that a person might see one or two of them differently than I do.

Julie Lederman is a disgrace and has been for quite a long time.
There is no way Lomachenko won any of the first seven or the 12th.

Based on an average of 795 fan scorecards:
Eklfx97W0AAldja

116-112 Lopez.

BoxingScene's live scorecard:
Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. Teofimo Lopez scorecard - Boxing News

116-112 Lopez.

My own personal scorecard:
Round 1: 10-9 Lopez
Round 2: 10-9 Lopez
Round 3: 10-9 Lopez
Round 4: 10-9 Lopez
Round 5: 10-9 Lopez
Round 6: 10-9 Lopez
Round 7: 10-9 Lopez
Round 8: 10-9 Lomachenko
Round 9: 10-9 Lomachenko
Round 10: 10-9 Lomachenko
Round 11: 10-9 Lomachenko
Round 12: 10-9 Lopez

116-112 Lopez

I don't think any of Lopez's rounds were even close. I thought two of Loma's rounds were close, but I still scored them to him.

Based on an average of 795 fan scorecards:
Eklfx97W0AAldja

116-112 Lopez.

BoxingScene's live scorecard:
Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. Teofimo Lopez scorecard - Boxing News

116-112 Lopez.

My own personal scorecard:
Round 1: 10-9 Lopez
Round 2: 10-9 Lopez
Round 3: 10-9 Lopez
Round 4: 10-9 Lopez
Round 5: 10-9 Lopez
Round 6: 10-9 Lopez
Round 7: 10-9 Lopez
Round 8: 10-9 Lomachenko
Round 9: 10-9 Lomachenko
Round 10: 10-9 Lomachenko
Round 11: 10-9 Lomachenko
Round 12: 10-9 Lopez

116-112 Lopez

I don't think any of Lopez's rounds were even close. I thought two of Loma's rounds were close, but I still scored them to him.

Oh gee....when you put it that way, I'm totally convinced. Thanks for setting everyone straight with the facts. Please keep letting those of us who know less what the real deal is.

Oh gee....when you put it that way, I'm totally convinced. Thanks for setting everyone straight with the facts. Please keep letting those of us who know less what the real deal is.

If you watched the fight and scored any of the rounds from 1-7 or 12 for Lomachenko, there's nothing in my power that can help you.

USYK - CHISORA
My scores:

Round 1 - Chisora
Round 2 - Chisora
Round 3 - Usyk
Round 4 - C / U
Round 5 - Usyk
Round 6 - C / U
Round 7 - Usyk
Round 8 - Usyk
Round 9 - Chisora
Round 10 - C / U
Round 11 - Usyk
Round 12 - C / U

Usyk 117 - 115 Chisora

* C / U - Close rounds
I scored the rounds like that. Unfortunately i wasn't able to watch the fight as a whole so i would give my scores a decent margin of error. I would have to watch it again particularly the "close rounds" to really assess it exactly.

USYK - CHISORA
My scores:

Round 1 - Chisora
Round 2 - Chisora
Round 3 - Usyk
Round 4 - C / U
Round 5 - Usyk
Round 6 - C / U
Round 7 - Usyk
Round 8 - Usyk
Round 9 - Chisora
Round 10 - C / U
Round 11 - Usyk
Round 12 - C / U

Usyk 117 - 115 Chisora

* C / U - Close rounds
I scored the rounds like that. Unfortunately i wasn't able to watch the fight as a whole so i would give my scores a decent margin of error. I would have to watch it again particularly the "close rounds" to really assess it exactly.
Thanks for that. I will watch it later.

USYK - CHISORA

It was a though fight for both. A good fight, no fireworks but solid stuff.
Usyk was tested at heavyweight against a good Chisora. Usyk's victory was totally deserved, he was just better, plain and simple. Chisora was able to push Usyk in a few rounds but otherwise Usyk showed just how good he can be.

I thought round 1 and 2 where both from Chisora. He put the pedal on the gas and tried to take out Usyk early. Usyk survived the onslaught but evading and started to impose his rhythm on the 3rd using well placed body shots to sap Chisora's energy. Round 4 to 6 where kind of close with some superiority from Usyk. Chisora started losing steam and Usyk was getting more comfortable. Round 7 was the best one for Usyk, total control and he almost took Chisora out at the end of the round. Round 8 more Usyk with Chisora coming back strong on the 9th. The after that and between 10 and 12 it was basically a repeat of the rounds 4 to 6, somewhat even with superiority on Usyk's part.

In the end of the day it was a solid performance from Usyk and a good test for him at heavyweight. Usyk is masterclass and there's simply no denying that, he's of a very high level... His footwork, ring IQ, accuracy... are all great and he can soak some damage. I'd put him on the top 5 heavyweights out there and he's definitely a threat to all the titles. He's really good and an exciting fighter to watch.

USYK - CHISORA

It was a though fight for both. A good fight, no fireworks but solid stuff.
Usyk was tested at heavyweight against a good Chisora. Usyk's victory was totally deserved, he was just better, plain and simple. Chisora was able to push Usyk in a few rounds but otherwise Usyk showed just how good he can be.

I thought round 1 and 2 where both from Chisora. He put the pedal on the gas and tried to take out Usyk early. Usyk survived the onslaught but evading and started to impose his rhythm on the 3rd using well placed body shots to sap Chisora's energy. Round 4 to 6 where kind of close with some superiority from Usyk. Chisora started losing steam and Usyk was getting more comfortable. Round 7 was the best one for Usyk, total control and he almost took Chisora out at the end of the round. Round 8 more Usyk with Chisora coming back strong on the 9th. The after that and between 10 and 12 it was basically a repeat of the rounds 4 to 6, somewhat even with superiority on Usyk's part.

In the end of the day it was a solid performance from Usyk and a good test for him at heavyweight. Usyk is masterclass and there's simply no denying that, he's of a very high level... His footwork, ring IQ, accuracy... are all great and he can soak some damage. I'd put him on the top 5 heavyweights out there and he's definitely a threat to all the titles. He's really good and an exciting fighter to watch.
Nice. I'm glad Usyk won and hope he makes some progress in the heavyweight division. He ha to give up size to many modern heavyweights, but he's technically better than most of them.

Nice. I'm glad Usyk won and hope he makes some progress in the heavyweight division. He ha to give up size to many modern heavyweights, but he's technically better than most of them.
He’s the WBO mandatory to fight AJ for the title. He’s up there waiting for his shot. I definitely can see Usyk winning against AJ.

Usyk is more skilled and that in itself is a big deal. Then there’s the question of the weight difference and I think this Chisora fight is a good indicator of how things can play out. The weight difference between Chisora and Usyk was huge. Usyk even mentioned that he could have weighed more so there’s definitely room for improvement on that end.

Now AJ in order to keep up with Usyk’s pace and skill would need to weigh roughly around the weight he had for the second Ruiz fight. In comparison that version of AJ weighs considerably less than this version of Chisora so the weight dynamics are also different and more manageable for Usyk.

Of course AJ is a completely different fighter that Chisora, he’s taller, more skilled, faster... Also and like Usyk himself said, he rated his performance of a 3 out of 10 against Chisora and that tells me he knows he can be much better even pointing to the fact that he had been inactive for a long time. Again I see Usyk being able to pull the win against AJ.

He’s the WBO mandatory to fight AJ for the title. He’s up there waiting for his shot. I definitely can see Usyk winning against AJ.

Usyk is more skilled and that in itself is a big deal. Then there’s the question of the weight difference and I think this Chisora fight is a good indicator of how things can play out. The weight difference between Chisora and Usyk was huge. Usyk even mentioned that he could have weighed more so there’s definitely room for improvement on that end.

Now AJ in order to keep up with Usyk’s pace and skill would need to weigh roughly around the weight he had for the second Ruiz fight. In comparison that version of AJ weighs considerably less than this version of Chisora so the weight dynamics are also different and more manageable for Usyk.

Of course AJ is a completely different fighter that Chisora, he’s taller, more skilled, faster... Also and like Usyk himself said, he rated his performance of a 3 out of 10 against Chisora and that tells me he knows he can be much better even pointing to the fact that he had been inactive for a long time. Again I see Usyk being able to pull the win against AJ.
I support AJ and Usyk out of the heavyweights, but I give Usyk the most respect being able to compete with the giants on account of his superior technical ability. He's one of the few heavyweights who is skilful pound for pound, not just ok for their size.

Wilder will making excuses for why he lost. Also admits he got offered more money to fight AJ which seems to make the accusations that he was the one ducking look legit.

Reactions: B

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"