Civil War The Official Captain America: Civil War News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would BP be stronger than Cap and Bucky? They have SSS, and anything above that is superhuman, right? I might be mistaken cause I don't read comics, BP isn't a superhuman, is he?

I don't mind BP looking awesome, but I want Cap and Bucky to look awesome too.

I might be mistaken cause I don't read comics, BP isn't a superhuman, is he?

Nope, he is. He has superhuman senses and enhanced strength, speed, and agility, much like Cap (minus the senses). Hence why he's able to beat up Bucky in all the trailers.

Last edited:
Why would BP be stronger than Cap and Bucky? They have SSS, and anything above that is superhuman, right? I might be mistaken cause I don't read comics, BP isn't a superhuman, is he?

Both Bucky and Cap are super human.

Black Panther is going to be glorified in the most badass way possible; believe me. They're not going to f*** this up. All involved in bringing BP to life have more than done their homework.

They'd be idiots to not use this opportunity to sell the BP movie in whatever way they can. Cap and IM are much more well known characters and this movie gives Marvel the chance to introduce a "lesser" known (to the general public anyway) character to a large number of people. You BET they are going to make him look good. They'll do the same with AM and I'll be stunned if they don't have some kind of killer scene with Dr. Strange (credits or whatever....).

He's basically on Captain America's level, but enhanced slightly because he takes this special herb (that he totally has a licence for ;)), plus his tech. In terms of just power level, I'd say he's slightly above Captain America, but below Spider Man.

Typically in the comics T'Challa and Steve Rogers are physical peers.

Steve is typically portrayed as being a bit stronger, but T'Challa is much more faster and agile. T'Challa also has enhances senses that border on superhuman.

A common mistake I've noticed people making is assuming Panther gets his powers from his vibranium mesh suit. The suit (which is a ceremonial garb and not really a costume) is made of a vibranium mesh, and that pretty much makes him bulletproof.

In the comics Panther also has special boots with Vibranium soles that allow him to run up walls, fall from great heights but land safely and silently, and on one occasion actually walk on water.

T'Challa gets his powers from a heart shaped herb (which gives him a connection to the Panther God Bast). It's basically mystical version of the SSS+Vita-ray bombardment.

In terms of fighting skills they both have unique styles they've developed over the years which are mix of various martial arts styles. Unlike Steve, T'Challa has been trained since birth.

In the comics whenever the two fight it typically ends in a draw (there are a couple times where on wins over the other).

In the film it definitely looks like T'Challa is faster than Cap and possible just as strong as him.

In my own personal head canon I always figured Panther has a slight edge over Cap in agility, with a fighting style that emphasizes that attribute, but Cap has the edge in pure strength, again a slight advantage, and probably hits harder too. Sans shield and tech a hand to hand fight between them should be very evenly matched in my mind.

Guess I see things differently. T'Challa naturally is at peak human ability through training and discipline. The herb and BP stuff gives him super powers and augments the skills he already has. IMO BP is superior to Cap in every way.

blz21.jpg

bpcap25tb.jpg

1408462-10.jpg

Last edited:
I have the FF comic where I believe BP was introduced. He defeated the FF individually using cleverness, strength, etc. He wasn't a bad guy and did it as a test as I recall.

He's a very, very dangerous opponent. I'd say on par with Cap (physically) in the comics. He didn't have those claws back then. Those things look pretty gnarly.

Of course, Cap wasn't throwing motorcycles through truck windows or anything like that in the comics either. That's beyond anything I ever saw either of them do in the comics (at least that I can remember).

Last edited:
Guess I see things differently. T'Challa naturally is at peak human ability through training and discipline. The herb and BP stuff gives him super powers and augments the skills he already has. IMO BP is superior to Cap in every way.

What you're saying is actually canon.

The issue is that Cap has been consistently used in comics and treated fairly well since the 60's.

Black Panther has has long periods of not being used in comics and his skills and powers were downplayed and diminished for a very long time. Also in recent years T'Challa has gotten some upgrades.

T'Challa raw abilities and skills should make him beat Cap more often than not, but whenever they face off it's a draw and they're shown as being equal.

Wouldn't BPs suit give him a tremendous advantage over Cap? If bullets can't hurt him...

What you're saying is actually canon.

The issue is that Cap has been consistently used in comics and treated fairly well since the 60's.

Black Panther has has long periods of not being used in comics and his skills and powers were downplayed and diminished for a very long time. Also in recent years T'Challa has gotten some upgrades.

T'Challa raw abilities and skills should make him beat Cap more often than not, but whenever they face off it's a draw and they're shown as being equal.

Well here's hoping BP can see a lengthy period of badass and powerful consistency.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd229/goetz420/blz21.jpg[/IMG]

bpcap25tb.jpg

1408462-10.jpg

In the 1st and 3rd images Cap was recovering form severe injuries. The 3rd image is of them sparring and T'Challa even tells Cap that he not fit for battle at the time and needs to heal up.

The 2nd image isn't T'Challa, that's his grandfather (Azzuri) who was WAY more experienced than Cap at the time.

Killing sharon would make no sense

Well here's hoping BP can see a lengthy period of badass and powerful consistency.

He's abilities have been fairly consistent since 98.

Wouldn't BPs suit give him a tremendous advantage over Cap? If bullets can't hurt him...

I don't know about tremendous. Cap has the his shield.

T'Challa suit is bulletproof but it can be damaged. It's weave so that means it can be cut along the seams with a blade.

I would say yes

Can a bullet prevent a helikopter from taking off ?

That's a good point...MCU Cap is legit super human. We've seen him throw grown men into the air with one hand and throw a motorcycle.

Though in the comics he has similar feats, they just continue to call him peak human for some reason.

So Cap's punches are stronger than bullets?

think of Kevlar, stops a bullet...but not a knife..... shooting BP isn't the only way to stop him. he can still suffer trauma. his suit is only a vibranium weave, not solid vibranium

Yes its a little bit tough but cap is clearly superhuman, maybe panther is more agil/faster but cap is stronger
BPs suit can dodge bullets but if he gets beaten up, he gets beaten up

personally I believe in the mcu the power level and abilities portrayed are very different from the comics..Comic thor would have straight out killed iron man with his hammer when they fight in A1.

Winter soldier is just a normal human in the comics, with a metal arm. None of the superhuman serum in him at all.

Cap in the mcu is really much more powerful than comics too. way more!

Not sure if the mcu bp is superhuman though. guess we have to wait

personally I believe in the mcu the power level and abilities portrayed are very different from the comics..Comic thor would have straight out killed iron man with his hammer when they fight in A1.

Winter soldier is just a normal human in the comics, with a metal arm. None of the superhuman serum in him at all.

Cap in the mcu is really much more powerful than comics too. way more!

Not sure if the mcu bp is superhuman though. guess we have to wait

:huh:

He outran Cap, jumped over a moving car, and doesn't seem to have any problem with Bucky in a hand to hand fight.

I think it's safe to say Panther will be super human, even if they don't outright call him that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"