Civil War The Official Captain America: Civil War News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had assumed spidey comes in later into the battle by surprise and that this charge was the start.....I feel like I know nothing now

There's some really cool new details in those press conferences, some a tiny bit spoiler-y though

I just got to the end of Team Iron Man one and the guy said something about Tony and Spidey and I shut it off

I do love after posters and trailers I still feel like Im going in blind on the plot of this film. I had the same approach with winter soldier and rewarded greatly

because one event may happen before the other.

So they are all standing around at the airport when Tony calls him in and then they decide to do 100 paces and charge at each other? It makes no sense and you can tell they are at the airport when Spider Man swings in and takes Cap shield.

So they are all standing around at the airport when Tony calls him in and then they decide to do 100 paces and charge at each other? It makes no sense and you can tell they are at the airport when Spider Man swings in and takes Cap shield.

Spidey doesn't "Swing in" and take Caps Shield, he just jumps over him.

What does that have to do with that scene?

It's a bit like substitution.

In this case both sides are fighting...then each side stops for a bit of respite, assessing the situation of what's happening like we've seen happen before in previous Marvel films, noticeably the Avengers. Spidey on call jumps in and joins the fight and then after a bit of "you're wrong"; "no, you're wrong" smack talk the fight resumes. There's nothing complicated about it.

I'm willing to bet they edited that scene all out of sequence to avoid giving away how the scene takes place. I'm willing to bet that Tony calls Spiderman to his Team. They charge and fight. Then towards the end of the fight Spidey flips over head and takes Cap's shield.Then the battle ends.

Shield stealing likely takes place after the battle when they try and arrest Cap.

But you can't say scenes don't make sense when you haven't seen them in context. The sequence is 17 minutes long - anything could happen in that time to get from scene A to B. You can't say it doesn't make sense without seeing it.

You've seen maybe 10 seconds of the actual fight, so yes, that could be exactly it.

Spider-Man takes the shield. Someone cold cocks him and takes it back. They scuffle a bit until both sides end up in a position to charge.

Poor guy has had a rough couple weeks. I say give him his pointless nitpick.

Some behind the scenes photos. Not sure as to exactly what their source is (they showed up on my tumblr feed - really wish people would provide source links)...

tumblr_o5h6jiRvXP1urh1kgo1_500.png

tumblr_o5h6jiRvXP1urh1kgo2_500.png

tumblr_o5h6jiRvXP1urh1kgo4_500.png

tumblr_o5h6jiRvXP1urh1kgo3_500.png

If that's the case then Iron Man already has the trilogy you are talking about on Marvel's side.

Iron Man was incredibly well received.

The reception to Iron Man 2 was mixed. Nobody hates it, but nobody loves it either. It is generally considering a poorly put together movie though.

Iron Man 3's reception was also mixed, though in the case of that film some people hate intensely and other people love it.

A lot of people who didn't like IM3 on this board were generally people who seemed angry at the Mandarin twist

Because out of nowhere he developed a very loyal fanbase

Daaaang! That IMAX poster is great. Only Widow looks a little bit off.

Took me longer than I'd like to admit to notice Ant-Man was on the poster. :oldrazz:

A lot of people who didn't like IM3 on this board were generally people who seemed angry at the Mandarin twist

Because out of nowhere he developed a very loyal fanbase

Yeah that mandarin twist is by far the biggest complaint about the film. After that it's all the stuff with the kid.

There are some legit plot holes in the film though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"