Civil War The Official Captain America: Civil War News & Speculation Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure NU-SHIELD is our first glimpse at the Civil War.
My guess is that nu-shield joins with the government to restrict and tag powered people and other heroes. I can easily see Tony getting in on that as it appears he is not pleased with how the world is.

Big news are coming. Not sure when, but... yeah.

Feige mentioned that they knew Spidey was coming in October, like I thought. So he should fit comfortably in the script, along with Black Panther. :yay:

Feige seems to hint that Hank Pym will be involved somehow. While discussing Ant-Man:

You meet new characters and you learn about Hank Pym and his lineage with the MCU over the years. But at the same time, it also picks up the thread of Age of Ultron in terms of heroes – major heroes, Avengers – coming from unexpected places. Whether it’s prison in the case of Scott Lang or being a very disgruntled Sokovian Twins as Wanda and Pietro are in Age of Ultron. And in that way it connects a lot. Also, Hank Pym’s attitude towards Avengers, towards S.H.I.E.L.D, and kind of the cinematic universe in general, is much more informed after Age of Ultron events, and in a certain way, before the events of Civil War.

In this interview Feige says filming starts in 2 weeks. :)
[YT]Q32X_7-NSIc[/YT]

Crazy stuff. No rest for the MCU!

Feige mentioned that they knew Spidey was coming in October, like I thought. So he should fit comfortably in the script, along with Black Panther. :yay:

They also don't seem close to casting Peter so I don't expect a significant interwoven role that spans a lot of scenes in the movie.

Im still confused on whether it will be Spidey or Peter who will be in the film.

They also don't seem close to casting Peter so I don't expect a significant interwoven role that spans a lot of scenes in the movie.

They might suggest they're not close to casting him, but in reality they could be playing their cards close to their chest and may have already cast him a while back.

From CBM

About Captain America: Civil War, which will feature many Avengers and new heroes including Black Panther played by Chadwick Boseman, Kevin Feige confirmed filming will start in two weeks. When asked if the 2016 adaptation is really a Captain America sequel or another Avengers sequel, Feige said it's both... "but Cap is the primary focus." Finally, Kevin Feige was asked about the two-part Avengers: Infinity War movies, which will cap off Phase 3 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and everything that has been established since Iron Man. "I would say that it's in early days to talk about anything specifically," explained the Marvel Studios President of Production. "But I will say the intention of that is to do two distinct, standalone movies as we do all the time. But because they are such shared elements, it felt appropriate to do [two-parts]. And we hadn't done it before, so we thought it was cool to do sort of sub-groupings like that. I wouldn't call it one story that's cut in half. I would say it's gonna be two distinct movies." What do you think?

Scarlett Johansson Teases “Psychological Twists” in CIVIL WAR

“I have read the script for Civil War. You know, the film has a very different feeling than anything of Marvel’s that I’ve read or been a part of before. These films are—I don’t think darker is the right word because there’s definitely always going to be some kind of levity, and that comes in a form of humor or hope. When you compare these films to like Batman, it’s a different feeling obviously, it’s a different audience experience, but as the stakes loom like larger and larger I think these films are kind of maturing with the audience; so there’s even more complex psychological twists that I sort of hadn’t necessarily anticipated.”

“I’m excited to work with the Russos again. They have a very different approach to this universe than Joss, just different. It will be interesting to see how they treat all of these new characters. When we were doing Cap 2, the film felt very much like we were doing a kind of ‘70s style car-chase political-thriller, it had that kind of flavor. But they were also dealing with far less characters, the stakes were just different. Now with Civil War it’s gonna be interesting to see how they set up this next phase, I think Cap 3 is definitely sort of like a pre-Avengers 3 and 4. It feels like that, whereas Cap 2 didn’t feel like it was necessarily part of The Avengers. I mean, it feels like a piece that fits in, but it didn’t feel like it was leading you into Avengers 2.”

http://collider.com/captain-america-3-civil-war-scarlett-johansson-teases-psychological-twists/

All these news just confirms what I don't wanna hear..the suppose third SOLO cap film has been replaced by a "avengers"film slot..

I do feel a bit jipped out of a true third Captain America sequel, but I think the payoff will be worth it by the time the Infinity Wars films come around.

New digital 2D IMAX cameras? Let's see how it'll compare to film.

Excited nonetheless. :hmr:

Actual 2D IMAX scenes? I love the Russos so much. :atp:

All these news just confirms what I don't wanna hear..the suppose third SOLO cap film has been replaced by a "avengers"film slot..

Yeah, they say it is like an Avengers sequel but they also keep saying Cap is the primary focus. I think that makes it still a Cap sequel and not just another Avengers film.

Yeah, they say it is like an Avengers sequel but they also keep saying Cap is the primary focus. I think that makes it still a Cap sequel and not just another Avengers film.

It's funny how closely it's following the same "Sequel but not a sequel, ensemble movie but not an ensemble movie" formula as BvS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"