Civil War The Official Captain America: Civil War TAGGED SPOILER Discussion Thread

The movie was awesome. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that...
Iron Man lost the final fight. In fact Iron man could have easily beat the whole team Cap just by himself alone. Iron man was so weak in this movie. When you compare it to for example avengers movie or Aou or IM2 he wasn't so powerful. (Of course his arm was injured, his repulsors and thrusters were damaged, targeting was damaged, plus the damage from ant man, but he should have won still easily.)He is able to just end the fight in 40 seconds. Even with half of his systems off, and being mentally compromised. He wasn't portrayed as powerful as in previous movies. Tony could have used lasers rockets and stuff. And both of them would be in deep ****. Cap was overpowered and Tony underpowered. But i guess it had to be this way because if it wasn't the final fight would be over in 40 seconds.
.. That's what bugs the hell out of me....

Sure those are feats of strength, but Spidey is someone who can lift and throw close to 10 tons, if Cap can throw a bike, Spidey can easily throw a tank, he can kill a normal human being with one single punch, he can stop a train all by himself

Sure experience goes a long way but Cap is out of Spidey's league, it's like a Terminator fighting a Godzilla, he would have stood no chance despite his million gadgets and weapons

In the comics perhaps but this isn't the comics , this is MCU spidey at the beginning of his career , very young and still growing.

I don't see an EASTER EGG thread.Does that mean there are none?
-Sharon Carter uses Steve's most famous line/rant from the Civil War Event Arc in the comics
-One of the Russo brothers plays a prominent dead guy
-One of the Dora Milange makes an unnamed appearance

I felt like there was something else that stuck out to me but I have forgotten it

Iron Man lost the final fight. In fact Iron man could have easily beat the whole team Cap just by himself alone. Iron man was so weak in this movie. When you compare it to for example avengers movie or Aou or IM2 he wasn't so powerful. (Of course his arm was injured, his repulsors and thrusters were damaged, targeting was damaged, plus the damage from ant man, but he should have won still easily.)He is able to just end the fight in 40 seconds. Even with half of his systems off, and being mentally compromised. He wasn't portrayed as powerful as in previous movies. Tony could have used lasers rockets and stuff. And both of them would be in deep ****. Cap was overpowered and Tony underpowered. But i guess it had to be this way because if it wasn't the final fight would be over in 40 seconds.

I agree, but guess we have to look at this as being a Cap movie, so he will naturally get the push, remember at the end, Tony is acting a lot on emotion, with what was revealed to him, so his judgment was impaired, Rhodey was hurt, what happened at the end of the film was a short time after the airport battle, little time to repair his armor, plus he was fighting 2 super soldiers, one he considered a good friend, his anger was more at Bucky than Steve.

I agree, but guess we have to look at this as being a Cap movie, so he will naturally get the push, remember at the end, Tony is acting a lot on emotion, with what was revealed to him, so his judgment was impaired, Rhodey was hurt, what happened at the end of the film was a short time after the airport battle, little time to repair his armor, plus he was fighting 2 super soldiers, one he considered a good friend, his anger was more at Bucky than Steve.

Somebody made the the very good point that everyone was pulling their punches in every fight except for BP against WS.

Depend on what version of spidey and cap in the Ultimate universe Cap and Spidey are about equal and from what I saw in the movie that is where they decided to go

Agreed. Spidey was somewhat stronger than Cap, but not by a huge margin. He, Cap, Bucky, and BP are all roughly peers, with different advantages and disadvantages.

Or, put more simply: No, movie Cap is not Peak Human. He has *never been* Peak Human. Stop pretending he is Peak Human.

I don't think Tony wasn't under-powered at all.

In fact, if you re-watch the final battle, you may notice that the suit functions which were supposedly damaged by Barnes [crushed right repulsor] and Cap [left boot jet] both self-repaired and started working again before the fight was over. Even the targeting system (that didn't work when Tony was going to rocket blast the silo door) started working again in time to deploy the fight-countermeasure against Cap, and catch his shield before it struck.

It was clear to me that neither Cap nor Bucky had any chance of overpowering Iron Man. In fact, they were both teeing off on Iron Man, and he still beat back both of them. It wasn't till Tony turned his back on Cap [who was all but defeated] to kick the prone Barnes in the face, that Cap managed to get in a last second victory.

Anybody else figure that the reason Clint is on Cap's side is because of Wanda and he's doing it because he owes it to Pietro? Have a very great day!

God bless you! God bless everyone!

7GyX3xcUSrWfLoOqjS7Q_cap6.jpg

I saw the movie and loved it. It was amazing how many creative and enjoyable things the filmmakers put into the story, action, character interactions, etc. Chris Evans was great as always and truly served as a perfect anchor for the movie as Cap. RDJ was excellent as well and got some very good emotional material in the film. And all of the other supporting characters were wonderful and added something enjoyable to the movie.

Yeah I know, and I agree with you. I don't have problem with Tony holding little bit back against Steve. He didn't want to kill him. But I think he really wanted to kill Bucky, don't you think? And that's the problem! I f he really wanted to, he could kill him in 5 seconds. Use his laser and cut his head off. Or just make a hole in his chest with repulsor. That's the issue for me. Plus Iron man
lost the final moments of the final battle too easily
. I know it's a cap movie but still....he was way underpowered compared to other movies.

Last edited:
I don't think Tony wasn't under-powered at all.

In fact, if you re-watch the final battle, you may notice that the suit functions which were supposedly damaged by Barnes [crushed right repulsor] and Cap [left boot jet] both self-repaired and started working again before the fight was over. Even the targeting system (that didn't work when Tony was going to rocket blast the silo door) started working again in time to deploy the fight-countermeasure against Cap, and catch his shield before it struck.

It was clear to me that neither Cap nor Bucky had any chance of overpowering Iron Man. In fact, they were both teeing off on Iron Man, and he still beat back both of them. It wasn't till Tony turned his back on Cap [who was all but defeated] to kick the prone Barnes in the face, that Cap managed to get in a last second victory.

OK. Your point of view really made my day better. But still, I somehow can't shake off that kind of feeling that Iron Man should have won the battle. But thanks for your contribution to my internal issue..:woot:

Did we get to see any of T'Challa's genius shown here?

OK. Your point of view really made my day better. But still, I somehow can't shake off that kind of feeling that Iron Man should have won the battle. But thanks for your contribution to my internal issue..:woot:

There's also the issue of the fight taking place in a location that was very disadvantageous to Iron Man, especially when his flight ability was shut down. He certainly came across as more powerful than the other two combined to me, but he was beaten due to that he faced two people, was in an element they worked better in and probably a bit due to being full of anger.

It's better than TWS, but only marginally. Either way, I agree with the sentiment. Very intriguing when you compare it to, say, Iron Man (who many would say gets worse with each installment).

I agree with it wholeheartedly. Civil War is on par with the first Avengers in my book.

I agree with it. To me it has the best qualities of The Avengers and The Winter Soldier. It felt like THE Total package film if the MCU so far.

I really didn't like it as much as many here did. I might make a review but it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. :(

Well I don't care either way cause the Captain America trilogy is the best trilogy of the entire MCU! and Better than what X-Men tried to do and failed with X3.

My :hrt: :hrt: :hrt:'s go out to all those hard working people including Chris Evans and co for making Captain America come to life! Thank yous! I look forward to seeing what else is in store in Cap's future!

Somebody made the the very good point that everyone was pulling their punches in every fight except for BP against WS.

OK. But I mean not only in the fights. But for example, I think that Iron Man shouldn't have had any problem of catching
falling Rhodey when he was Shut down by Vision.
He is able to do Supersonic speed flights, and probably much faster than supersonic and he is not able to catch falling man from lets say 1km altitude? That's the problem.

OK. But I mean not only in the fights. But for example, I think that Iron Man shouldn't have had any problem of catching
falling Rhodey when he was Shut down by Vision.
He is able to do Supersonic speed flights, and probably much faster than supersonic and he is not able to catch falling man from lets say 1km altitude? That's the problem.
It's really no different from when he tried to catch the Pilot in Ironman 1. They've shown earlier in the fight with the jets, that he could go super sonic, but obviously didn't go super sonic when he rescued the Pilot. And I think the answer is simple. He'd simply accelerate so fast, he'd overshoot the target. So yes, he could have gone super sonic, but would have probably piledrived himself into the ground. Super sonic is for traveling purposes, not for situations that require precise maneuvering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"