First Avenger The Official Captain America Fan Art/Manips Thread - Part 2

ackles is an awesome choice, i think would have made a better CA. I never liked Evans as Cap America. he doesn't fit the role. just like i think Cooper would have made a better GL. Reynolds doesn't really fit GL to me either.

for the record, i like evans a lot and one of my fav actors of all time, from "not another teen movie", and thought he was the perfect tourch. just like reynolds is to deadpool

ackles is an awesome choice, i think would have made a better CA. I never liked Evans as Cap America. he doesn't fit the role. just like i think Cooper would have made a better GL. Reynolds doesn't really fit GL to me either.

for the record, i like evans a lot and one of my fav actors of all time, from "not another teen movie", and thought he was the perfect tourch. just like reynolds is to deadpool

I'm glad when actors break type casting. Evans is filling out the Rogers role nicely. So far at least. So much so, that I can't picture Someone like Ackles stepping into the role.

I'm glad when actors break type casting. Evans is filling out the Rogers role nicely. So far at least. So much so, that I can't picture Someone like Ackles stepping into the role.

actually both evans and reynolds are doing the exact opposite of breaking cast by playing a second superhero.

there are other ways of breaking casts. REynolds in buried, nines, smoking aces, amityville horror. Evans in the losers, street kings, sunshine.

i don't really know which other actors were thrown around during development. and while i do agree that Evans is a much better actor than ackles, but i personally don't think he fits the role.

actually both evans and reynolds are doing the exact opposite of breaking cast by playing a second superhero.

there are other ways of breaking casts. REynolds in buried, nines, smoking aces, amityville horror. Evans in the losers, street kings, sunshine.

i don't really know which other actors were thrown around during development. and while i do agree that Evans is a much better actor than ackles, but i personally don't think he fits the role.

Cap is a COMPLETELY different character from anything Evans has been known for. Most people can only see him as a womanizing wise-ass.

If he pulls it off (which looks good so far) it would definitely be breaking cast. Its not about the genre, its the role.

Well, Sunshine, and a few choice films are off from the norm Evans does, but yeah. Most of the populace thinks of Evans as the characters in F4, losers, not another teen movie, etc.

Well, Sunshine, and a few choice films are off from the norm Evans does, but yeah. Most of the populace thinks of Evans as the characters in F4, losers, not another teen movie, etc.

Yep, because many moaned about it endlessly when he was cast as Cap. They thought that was the only kind of role he could do.

If I wasn't quite so strapped for cash, I'd be on that like white on rice, and I'm not even American. If you've got something just as cool in mind for Thor, I hope you at least post the design.

Captain America in the field:

cap+2.jpg

Yep. A little more color match and it would be excellent.

I'm surprised we haven't seen more WWII manips with Cap.

This is Ryan's 3rd hero.
Hannibal King
Wade Wilson
Green Lantern

if your counting King for Reynolds, might also well count, Jensen, in "the losers", and Lucas, from "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" for Evans (as they are based on comic books, even those they aren't actually heros)

and thou, it's not a comic book movie, Push

Pretty much the only thing Torch and Cap have in common is that they're both superheroes. As characters, they're completely different.

Ryan Reynolds is a better actor in my opinion. Hes done a much wider variety of different films and characters so it doesnt bother me as much as Chris Evans as CA. However it still bothers me that it almost seems like Hollywood is trying to make an unofficial statement saying that only actors who have had experience playing other superheros can play superheros. So between all that, this new boom in British actors playing American superheros doesnt bother me but please dont get me wrong, I wouldnt want a British actor playing someone like Captain AMERICA.

I've taked the Cam's pic to do an older version. The image try to be a Robert Capa photography (the best war photograph).

thump_5978927acaptamericaww3-old.jpg

And more:
thump_59789301212.jpg

thump_5978932acap2.jpg

"This cube is more important than you can imagine Captain !"

My second unofficial Wallpaper just for fans ;)
Do I Another one ?

If your next WPs are only half as good as this, you should do many, many more, man!:woot:

I know it isn't your manip but why take the lips off the Red Skull if this is what he looked like in the comics.

No kidding. The explanation I was given was that it looked too cartoonish and not menacing enough.

At least the one we have can emote and show emotion better. It's menacing enough for me :)

i tried to make an opposite version of caps poster

skullxf.jpg

skull2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back