First Avenger The Official Captain America Box Office Thread! - Part 2

Did about $1.5M from last Saturday(when it was released) to Sunday. 2 days, I have no idea if that's a good start or not but it's 3X more than GL made in Japan already($.5M).

Domestic final: $176,423,395 as of Sunday and it's probably pulled from all theaters in NA now since the DVD comes out today. Japan's total hasn't been updated since Sunday 10/16/11 and it's WW gross is still at $365,923,395

but that's almost certainly low due to Japan's lack of reporting for the last 9 days. I bet you anything it's actually at at least $367M WW by now if not more.

CA:TFA has been a moderate success.

I hope it's enough to warrant a sequel in the eyes of MARVEL STUDIOS. I wasn't a big fan of CAP before (although i was heavily anticipating the movie because he's a MARVEL icon) but the movie has made me a real fan. I would love to see some sequels.

Isn't a sequel already confirmed? I thought it was.

Pretty sure a sequal will happen lol Heck Cap even beat GL! lol

Pretty sure a sequal will happen lol Heck Cap even beat GL! lol

LOL. If being more financially succesful than gl is all you need to guarantee a sequel then expect sequels from virtually every movie in existance. LOL.

Isn't a sequel already confirmed? I thought it was.

In one of the recent interviews with Kevin Feige he said "if we do a CA:TFA sequel". Also it has not been given a release date like THOR 2. Those 2 things are what has me a bit worried. The screenwriters seem to operating as if it's a sure thing though.

Domestic final: $176,423,395 as of Sunday and it's probably pulled from all theaters in NA now since the DVD comes out today. Japan's total hasn't been updated since Sunday 10/16/11 and it's WW gross is still at $365,923,395

but that's almost certainly low due to Japan's lack of reporting for the last 9 days. I bet you anything it's actually at at least $367M WW by now if not more.

THR and Screen Daily reported the overseas numbers.

It's foreign cume is $191M.

In one of the recent interviews with Kevin Feige he said "if we do a CA:TFA sequel". Also it has not been given a release date like THOR 2. Those 2 things are what has me a bit worried. The screenwriters seem to operating as if it's a sure thing though.

Thor 2 can slink back to fantasy setting, but Cap 2 needs to be set in the real world, current time. There lies the difficulty in making someone running around with colorful uniform & shield believable.

If they can make a guy using a glowing magnet to keep shrapnel out of his heart and fighting crime in a flying suit of armor believable, then I'm sure they won't have any trouble making Cap in the modern era believable.

THR and Screen Daily reported the overseas numbers.

It's foreign cume is $191M.

So that would put it at about $367.5M WW right now. Not far from the Batman Begins/X-Men Origins: Wolverine range(low $370's).

CAP's done fine; with the modern audience franchises like this need to build their audience over time with sequels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"