The Official DANGER ROOM Thread

kol_lover said:
Im just wondering why they would only be in a danger room sequence though, because if they were, it would be stupid in the whole plot because how would the x-men know who and what the sentinels are without them being created by trask and having to battle them, i feel they need to be in the plot if they are to be in the danger room sequence

e.g. they fight them in the city, and they then add them to the danger room sequence in a later scene to see how they will be able to destroy them

Well I had an idea in another thread. The X-Men are the ones who create the Sentinels for Danger Room purposes and somehow Trask gets his hands on their technology and makes the Sentinels a reality. I think that would be cool.

Gosh, I haven't written anything for a while, but here is a possiblilty. Maybe, because Beast is part of the Presidential Defense Council that so is Trask? In that picture I see a black man on the opposite side of Beast, but I don't know if it's Duke or not? If it is, then he could be incharge of making sentinals. Beast already knows about sentinals openly, so he will design the Danger Room to have a Sentinal program, so that the x-men are prepared. The Sentinal would then make an appearence in the Danger Room at the beginning, then at the end of the film when the mutants and humans go to war. But the Danger Room Sequence looks like sentinals! I don't know what else it could be.
The President wont use Sentinals unless he has to, so when the mutants go to war with him, Trask will be very happy to hear that the President has no other choice but to fight back and use the Sentinal Program! What do you think? The only problem is the sentinals wouldn't be a end supriser, but that's ok. O one more thing, if you look at the block that falls onto the car that storm saves wolverine from, it's got a wire tied around it, pluse when does a block like that fall on a car, and when we already had reports of the sentinal foot smash car thing, I am pretty sure it's a sentinal. I just need a confermation.

Maybe this is a better place to post this...

I think it's kinda funny how during the danger room sequence Logan's the only one not taking it very seriously.

The X-team's in their uniforms, dodging debris, explosions etc. treating it like a real warzone, and Logan's--dressed in his casual clothing, calmly stands around smoking a cigar as stuff blows up around him. In fact, Storm actually has to save him from a falling object b/c he's obviously not paying attention. I don't know, I just think that's really cool.

Although, it's apparant later on that he does eventually get into it ala "Fastball Special" :up:

Plus, i'm suprised that so many effects have been done for this movie. Think about it they are getting done with all the small stuff, so that they can work hard on something, what else? Sentinals!

I posted this in NinjaCharm's thread, but as this is a related topic, I'll repeat my points here:

I've studied the trailer quite a bit and I've come to the following conclusion:

Sentinels will indeed make an appearance in this film.

Why do I say that? For several reasons:

*Lasers: As seen firing during Storm's decent, laser beams are raining down upon the X-Men and the trashed neighborhood around them. There is no sign of aircraft or any other source of the beams. But PURPLE laser beams are generally created by the Sentinels in the source material.

*Claws Out: Wolverine is being launched via "The Fastball Special" towards something tall--and his claws are unsheathed. Storm and the other X-Men are flanking Collosus down below. Logan's claws would not be unsheathed unless the object he was being hurled towards was a threat.

* Temporary Cement Block: If you look closely, the object that is dropped on top of the car next to Storm has cords attached to it. It was obviously hoisted and dropped--it's not "mere debris". There are also some generic numbering spraypainted on the cement blocks. That marking may double as markers for a CGI engineer.

In other words, there is no reason why a CGI Sentinel's "foot" couldn't replace that cement block. Let us remember, that the block would be necessary to create the impact for crushing the car--CGI can't create every visual realistically. In Fantastic Four, a pole was placed in front of a semi on the "Brooklyn Bridge" set, and then later, the Thing was CGI'ed in its place.

FOX may have chosen not to reveal this yet because (a) they want to keep it a surprise for now or (b) this will be accomplished in post production.

* Scoopage: Also, please recall that we had a scooper from production come through several weeks ago. That person revealed on this forum that the storyboards featured Sentinels crashing down on that vehicle. At the time, most of us dismissed that as "wishful thinking"...but the fact remains we knew about this a good two months before this trailer was released. There's something to it.

Verdict? Sentinels are in--at least for the Danger Room sequence. I doubt that they will make an appearance anywhere else in the film.

Hmm, I just read the other comments since the trailer dropped...looks like we're all on the same page thinking the same thing. :cool::up:

well logan seems to be confortably sitting in the car or at least leaning on it before storm pulls him out, so whats really happening in ther? in the scene of the aisle storm seems ready to kill someone and i think it could be wolvie,something related to what happened in the room the kids are far behind...

I know the X-films aren't fully based on reality (of course), but how are they going to explain the technology they got for the Danger Room? If you know the comics really well, that seems a lot like Shi-ar technology. I'm assuming once the training is over, they won't have to clean up all that mess :p

If Logan wasn't in wearing the same thing, I would've been curious as to if that was really a Danger Room scene, but those images fit that they are indeed leaving the Danger Room from the trailer.

the a1ant said:
I know the X-films aren't fully based on reality (of course), but how are they going to explain the technology they got for the Danger Room? If you know the comics really well, that seems a lot like Shi-ar technology. I'm assuming once the training is over, they won't have to clean up all that mess :p

If Logan wasn't in wearing the same thing, I would've been curious as to if that was really a Danger Room scene, but those images fit that they are indeed leaving the Danger Room from the trailer.

It must be the danger room why else would wolverine be watching people get whooped then have an explosion over head and not even pay any attention to it?

Demon Within said:
It must be the danger room why else would wolverine be watching people get whooped then have an explosion over head and not even pay any attention to it?

I dunno. Maybe he's cocky? Lol.

It's the Danger Room because the internet press that came to Vancouver and first viewed the teaser said so. Keep in mind that many of these individuals are not as knowledgeable about this film as many of us here. Obviously when they went to do the set visits and went to Burnaby to that set they were told that that was for Danger Room and they put two and two together.

Hopefully they're not facing off against Sentinels in the Danger Room though. As i've mentioned before it'd be totally idiotic for the X-men to know what Sentinels would look like, much less that they would be in the works. However, i'd be okay with Red's idea of having Trask stealing the sentinel idea.

kol_lover said:
How would they know to put sentinels in the danger room scenario then if there wasnt anything happening with them in ways of a storyline, and if they didnt exist
Very good points Kol and Lightning:up:

N_z0 said:
It's the Danger Room because the internet press that came to Vancouver and first viewed the teaser said so. Keep in mind that many of these individuals are not as knowledgeable about this film as many of us here. Obviously when they went to do the set visits and went to Burnaby to that set they were told that that was for Danger Room and they put two and two together.

Hopefully they're not facing off against Sentinels in the Danger Room though. As i've mentioned before it'd be totally idiotic for the X-men to know what Sentinels would look like, much less that they would be in the works. However, i'd be okay with Red's idea of having Trask stealing the sentinel idea.
Do we know how much time has lapsed between X2 and X3? So much could have between that time possibly the introduction of Sentinels. One mad-scientist/general anti-mutant protester dies another rises.

How else did they get to lock up so many mutants at Alctraz? You don't just capture the likes of Juggernaut with a few soldiers.

This has been bugging me since i watched the trailer; what Rogue can do in the danger room? She's got the suit and all but what can she actually do there and in real combat??:confused: What has she learned in her years at Xavier's school besides flying the jet?

Retroman said:
Do we know how much time has lapsed between X2 and X3? So much could have between that time possibly the introduction of Sentinels. One mad-scientist/general anti-mutant protester dies another rises.

How else did they get to lock up so many mutants at Alctraz? You don't just capture the likes of Juggernaut with a few soldiers.

Well it looks like there is a new president so who knows. Maybe a year or two at the most.

RedIsNotBlue said:
Well it looks like there is a new president so who knows. Maybe a year or two at the most.
Yes, i'm thinking that too.

P.S: I meant to say So much could have happened...:O

WE WOULD ALL **** OURSELVES IF THE OPENING SCENE WAS A SENTINEL FLYING THROUGH THE SKY SHOOTING AT MUTANTS ON THE GROUND.

cap066.jpg

see the red light in the background?

Do you think its an explosion...or something machine-like? ;)

You know the block from that first pic, what scene is that going to be used in?

That block was used during the Angel stunt...

How was it used during the angel stunt?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"