The Official Fallout 3 Thread - No Mutants Allowed! - Part 1

Its time to get the ball rolling on this one folks, cause Fallout 3 is a little over 2 months away.

fallout%203.jpg

Release Date - October 28 in the US, October 31 in Europe

Fallout 1 and 2 were 2 of the greatest games ever created by man, and with 3 developed by the awesome Bethesda who made the awesome Oblivion, this is set to be the next great Fallout game, and its about damn time with the 2 terrible spin offs that were Tactics and Brotherhood of Steel.

So basically, you lived in a Vault underground your whole life while nuclear war outside has turned the whole world into a desolate wasteland. One day, your Daddy (voiced by the ace Liam Neeson) goes missing! And so you set out to find him in the outside world, que tactical battles with giant mutants, massive amounts of gore, dark humour, and dog meat. Could be GOTY if you ask me.

And now, pictures!

Now talk about it!

I just bought this game last week.

I really don't know how I want to play, so I'm simultaneously playing through three different profiles. I think I'm leaning towards the good side because it seems to lend itself to more side quests and experience...

Should I get this or Vegas?

PaladinHoss and I recently made a mini-derailing of the Skyrim thread when we started talking Fallout and the general consensus among the regular's was that the conversation should move here, which is dandy because I love me some Fallout talk! :D

I put a lot of hours into Fallout 3 and I'm still not convinced I'll never go back, it's a great game. Last time I played I had 3 characters all up, although only two really 'counted'.

My first character was a highly intelligent guy, I played him with no particular goal in mind but eventually he eventually turned to slavery and cannibalism. I never intended it that way, but he gradually became the worst thing in the Wasteland (although he never killed for the sake of killing). When the end came he did find some redemption in death, but when it turned out he'd survived it didn't take long to turn back to his old ways. He was easily my best dressed character with a cowboy hat, Colonel Autumn's coat and the Ghoul Mask. Wicked shot with the Lincoln Repeater too.

My second (and honestly, favorite) character was a really noble fellow. He was a good soldier in the Brotherhood of Steel eventually, and after the Enclave were defeated he dedicated himself to wandering the wastes, helping folks out and hunting the last remaining pockets of Enclave. I like him a lot because he wanders around in normal travel clothes, but throws on the Power Armor when there's a fight to be had.

My third character was a female who didn't care about anything but herself. She was quick to become a slaver and found Tenpenny Tower not long after. She made a lot of coin, got a sweet room in Tenpenny Tower. After that I didn't see much point in carrying on her story because she'd pretty much achieved her goal.

I wish the fallout series had better sword combat. I would of made THE sickest character. Would of been just like Eli from 'The Book of Eli'.

Ohhhhh, that would have been awesome! I kind of wish more bad guys used melee. Seems like way too many have guns, it would be more interesting if they were less common. If guns were rare they'd be a way bigger threat...would make VATS kind of useless though haha :D

Ohhhhh, that would have been awesome! I kind of wish more bad guys used melee. Seems like way too many have guns, it would be more interesting if they were less common. If guns were rare they'd be a way bigger threat...would make VATS kind of useless though haha :D

Yea, that could of been kind of cool, or maybe an extra game mode that made guns and ammo for them extremely scarce.

Have you tried making a character that used just melee? pat, play New Vegas and build your Eli character. You'll destroy anybody and anything if you wander the Mojave with a machete hahah.

Anyhow I bought Lonesome Road when it was half-off so I've been building up a character to go through it. I only mapped out builds for glitched characters, and I'm still so mad about them patching the mantis foreleg glitch coz I didn't make a template save... but whatever hahah, I mapped out a build for a legit character this time around.

S 7
P 3
E 8
C 2
I 7
A 8
L 5

02 Rapid Reload.......(Guns 30)
04 Educated
06 Travel Light.......(Survival 45)
08 Stonewall
10 Finesse
12 Silent Running.....(Sneak 50)
14 Unstoppable Force..(Melee 90)
16 Tag!
18 Super Slam
20 Jury Rigging.......(Repair 90)
22 Voracious Reader
24 Slayer.............(Unarmed 90)
26 Tunnel Runner
28 Piercing Strike
30 Implant GRX
32 Implant GRX
34 Action Boy/Girl
36 Broad Daylight
38 Action Boy/Girl
40 Intense Training
42 Intense Training
44 Intense Trianing
46 Intense Training
48 Intense Training
50 Intense Training

I made her an albino, coz the idea of an albino in the desert made me lol.

10qansw.jpg

The beret and armour in total give her a +8 Crit chance and I took the four eyes trait, but I'd probably have her rockin those glasses regardless.

I'm 40 hours or so in after 2 weeks and I'm only level 30... I don't think I'll get around to Lonesome Road before ME3 is out. :(

Is Lonesome Road good? What about the other NV DLC? I never got into NV as much as I did FO3, not even close. The characters were better but the Mojave and story didn't grab me as much.

Lonesome Road...the name alone sounds interesting.

Have you tried making a character that used just melee? pat, play New Vegas and build your Eli character. You'll destroy anybody and anything if you wander the Mojave with a machete hahah.

Nah i never did. I thought about it, but didn't feel the melee was really a focal point, so i just went with a Mad Max type character. Next time i boot up Fallout, ill try my hand at an Eli character.

The game is actually much easier if you focus on melee lol, just don't play on Very Hard. :p

Is Lonesome Road good? What about the other NV DLC? I never got into NV as much as I did FO3, not even close. The characters were better but the Mojave and story didn't grab me as much.

Lonesome Road...the name alone sounds interesting.

I do like Fallout3 more coz the Wasteland is sooo much better than the Mojave, but New Vegas has a much better story and gameplay; Hardcore mode especially. I loved having to decide how much ammo I could afford to take on quests and whatnot.

I haven't had a chance to try out Lonesome Road yet. I want to save it for last because it's the Courier's finale. :o Of the three NV DLCs I've played though, Old World Blues is the best. The map is awesome, the characters in it are hilarious and the whole feel of this place reminded me a lot of Fallout3. Meanwhile Dead Money was great because it was a true survival experience and Honest Hearts was awesome coz it introduced little things from Bethesda's new engine, like characters moving while in dialogue and dynamic weather. It started to rain as I was exploring and I flipped out hahah. Good times. :up:

Yea i think id agree with that. I enjoyed the setting for FO3 but loved some of the gameplay changes in NV. Altho i still hated the fact that it often took way too many rounds to drop someone.

That annoys me too and that's why I always play on Very Easy. Nothing's cooler than sneaking up on a couple fiends and dropping 'em both with 2 silenced shots. :up: With or without VATS hahah.

Exactly. I hated getting the drop on someone only to have to put like 15 rounds into the back of their heads.

The other thing that bugged me about New Vegas (and initially FO3 as well) was that once the main quest line is done, it's over. I hate that in open-world games, there's no reason I shouldn't be allowed to keep wandering around. Originally I didn't even do the final quest in FO3 until Brotherhood of Steel came out.

I'm currently working on completing the NV DLC before ME3 comes out. Just have Lonesome Road and Honest Hearts to go. I've really enjoyed the others so far (Old World Blues was particularly fantastic) and have already completed the game twice, but going for a third with my new character.

I think FO3 is the better game of the two, but I still really enjoyed NV. The Hardcore Mode is a very cool addition that I hope they keep in future games.

MmMMmmMmm I finally got a gaming PC together. With mods and the better graphics it's like I'm playing for the first time. <3

I thought this was bumped for some fallout 4 news

Some day :(

I have played waaaay too much Fallout 3 and NV. I love the ammo glitch they found in NV after all updates were done forever. Using the Bomb exploder thingy from the LR DLC with missles = infinite missles in every DLC even if they take everything else away. So much fun for DM.

Holy necro thread, Batman!

Congrats on making the jump, Chief!

I remember i told you that playing FO 3 on the PC would be like experiencing the game on a whole new level!

Have fun! if you've got problems with mods etc, tell me. Now, i know you must be on The Nexus by now...
You might wanna check this site out for cool mods. They've got mods that aren't allowed on the Nexus.
http://modgames.net/load/16

Yup, it's fantastic. :cool: Hahah I'm playing on ultra settings with Fellout installed... it blows my mind. I tried playing with FOOK2 but it added way too much stuff. :o Are there any UI mods would you recommend? And thanks for the link!

^^ Haha great isn't it?

First of all... have installed FOSE ( fallout script extender) yet? if not, i would recommend it. A LOT of fallout mods depends on it to work.

http://fose.silverlock.org/

As for UI...i used this. simple...and yet handy.

http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/15886

Another essential in your FO 3 pc gaming experience...is the Marts Mutants Mods.

It's adds TONS of new enemies to the wasteland.New creatures, new animals, younger version of existing creatures/animals. It's also improves their AI. And don't worry, it's not overwhelming like FOOK2. You can also adjust their spwning rate and everything else through a menu from the pipboy. Highly recommended!

http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/3211

This one is also essential for me personally. It's alters the defaults weapons holding/firing animations.

http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/7670

Man..i've got TONS of mods tips! let me know if you want more.

Oh, and tell me if you dont know how to install FOSE

That re-animated mod looks awesome. It's a bummer that FOSE doesn't work with Windows LIVE though. I'm gonna knock out all the achievements then install all those. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"