The Official Metal Gear Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally beat it today.

Overall I really got the hang of it towards the end (I played on hard), and ended up enjoying it quite a bit. It's the kind of game I just sort of know is better than what I get out of it, which is an odd thing to say, but I just couldn't really connect with the combat system as much as others did. I'd still give it a thumbs up.

Are you guys going for the trophies?

I know I won't be getting that S rank on all missions of Revengeance, so I'm trying to get the no damage achievement against the bosses. I got it against Sundowner only and I have no idea how to avoid all of Monsoon's attacks. He's the hardest to figure out.

Edit

Last edited:
Yeah, I'll try to S rank the thing eventually. I'm spending most of time now getting gold on the VR Missions, and upgrading my weapons.

Anyone hear about the David Hayter tweet poll he did? I know people are saying it's negotiating tactic he's pulling, but I wonder if he's leaning on the fact that...at some point in Big Boss' life, he becomes Richard Doyle, and maybe we could get that with Ground Zeroes.

• Hideo Kojima Posits Pilot Episodes For The Next Generation Of Video Games

News
    on Mar 12, 2013 at 10:20 AM
    ps4-icon.png

Hideo Kojima (creator of the Metal Gear series), talks about next generation game development and brings up the idea that it may be closer to television development.
    ... More
source:GI

This is interesting. Geoff Keighley is going to be interviewing Moby Dick CEO Joakim Mogren on GTTV this Thursday. Apparently something new will be shown.

If it's Hideo Kojima with a blonde wig and a fake mustache....then I'll know I've lost my mind and broken from reality.

The PSN VR Missions up now, in case anyone playing Rising on the PS3 was waiting for it.

So...is there a Ripper Mode in this game? :oldrazz:

I'm on my second playthrough and I never tried that. The game really does a terrible job at teaching things. I also only now found about the lock-on.
The PSN VR Missions up now, in case anyone playing Rising on the PS3 was waiting for it.
I haven't tried the ones present in the game yet, but I heard some are really hard. Did you guys complete it?

I've completed a few, and gotten gold. And alot like what VR Missions were before, they can be a pain to go through. But, that's the enjoyment of them.

But, there are some really ****ed up VR Missions. Some have a shortcut that are not clear, so you could wind up going crazy for hours trying to get Gold without just breaking down a goddamn wall you had no idea could even go down. The more frustrating ones have to be the combat missions, since you pretty much need to nail down the timing on sometimes unpredictable enemy encounters.

The DL-VR Missions are pretty cool, from what I've played. There's a side scroller mission where you play as a Dwarf Gecko that's more fun than I would have expected.

Metal Gear Rising To Add Sam And Blade Wolf As DLC Characters In April. March 13, 2013 . 1:05pm

[YT]XfOp6qrF-Ig[/YT]

Additionally, Metal Gear Rising has VR missions available for download today on the PlayStation 3 in North America.

source:Siliconera

As said Konami will release two additional Metal Gear Rising DLC packs starting this April. The first pack, Jetstream, will be a side-story featuring Sam as a playable character. The second pack, Blade Wolf, will be a side-story featuring the Blade Wolf character. Both characters will have unique abilities.

Last edited:
Do you like work for Siliconera or something?

Do you like work for Siliconera or something?
I go with any news game site that puts up certain news first and they seem the fastest and some times beat others just a day before. and places like kotaku refer to them too.

Last edited:
I dunno the lips don't really seem like Cliff's. But lol. this is an interesting interview to say the least. I never thought I'd talk about Cliff's....lips....ever. Wow Hideo makes you talk about things you never would before!!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"