The Official Flash Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As your representative of the GA, that's too much comic book stuff. Trust me.

For the first movie, my inclination would be to use the Trickster as the main villain, with a selection of Rogues as the B-act/patsies. Basically, gadget using science villains are a problem for the city; Barry gains superspeed in accident, beats a bunch of the Rogues; mysterious 'Trickster' shows up, convinces them to work as a team; Flash beats them again, in a much harder fight showing his improving skill, and they are all arrested.

Then the Trickster shows his true plan: he'd infiltrated the police department well before, and getting all the Rogues arrested led to all their technology being delivered to the evidence vault. . . and his hands. Flash now has to fight an opponent who has the combined technology of the Rogues, and a far better plan for using it in a way that would make Barry's day hell, forcing him to use every ounce of cleverness and speed to win.

I think Trickster might be seen as a poor man's Joker by the general audience so I think someone else should be the main villain.

As your representative of the GA, that's too much comic book stuff. Trust me.

I dunno, two villains a film hasn't seemed to hurt any other films. I guess the Rogues idea might need some tweaking, perhaps cut it down to four instead of five+.

I think Trickster might be seen as a poor man's Joker by the general audience so I think someone else should be the main villain.

That's a risk, yes. The way to avoid it would be to avoid any hint of insanity or chaos. He's a trickster only in the sense that he deceives people; his motives are more straightforward power, money, and respect, with a heavy emphasis on overwhelming ego.

I think Trickster would also be more interesting if he were far more clever than he was given credit for, that he comes off very typical maniac, but he's actually playing everyone against everyone. But then again that might be to Joker-ish. Perhaps if his real persona was very serious and down to earth, while his 'look at me hoo-hoo-hoo!' obfusciating persona was more whimsical.

Extra points if some things that look like luck turn out to be Trickster's plan during Fridge Logic.

I dunno what opinion others have on this issue (maybe most do want a trilogy) but I'm personally not too much into a Flash trilogy.

Of course, I sure as hell want an origin film because Flash's origins are as cool as they come but I'm not too sure he has that captivating a rogues gallery to make three very good films. The other two may just end up being moderate. Of course, I'm just speculating over here. Though I thought similarly about Iron Man but they have managed to go two films (one awesome, another not so much) without even mentioning Mandarin!

A Wally West Flash TV series on the other hand...

Revised Flash teaser using a new suit Im working on.

TePgI.jpg

Potentially maybe; but having said that I do remember that Hamill's Trickster was a joy to watch.

Interesting to see that Allen and West are almost neck to neck in the poll. The original script for the Justice League feature' had them both with the death of Barry and Wally taking on the mantle. ( as you're all aware, I'm the novice here) For dramatic purposes that what's they should still do. A general audience wouldn't see it coming. The Spin-off Flash movie could then show Wally's struggle to take on the mantle. WE don't necessary need an origin. Film makers sometimes get obsessed with these. As long as the characters and story is strong and compelling' that's all that is needed. That's my bit thrown in. :-D

Isn't it just? Like the enigma feel to it. Really a delight to view RIV' thank you.

That's awesome RIV, I'm liking the suit design so far. :up:

I'm really digging the suit there, RIV. I'd love to see some of villain possibilities.

Found this Fan art.Think the mask wld translate well to live action-always been a fan of Flash with goggles.
images

That is a marvelous poster!!!

The ears could be bigger?

But digging the rest of the costume.

That manip is damn cool. I'd just lose the lenses, lengthen the ears, change the design of the "belt," and perhaps make the opening of the cowl a little less Batman-ish.

I don't know if this has been discussed, but does anybody else think that Danny Boyle's kinetic directorial style would be great for this movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"