The Official Green Lantern Marketing Thread

A lot of stores are putting those GL t-shirts front and center now.

Bought some Doritos out the machine at work earlier today, and it had the GL logo on it. I think this flick may be one of the most marketed ever.

Yea, I mean, GL Colostomy bags? WTF?

Can't say they ain't putting any effort into it.

I really hope the colostomy bag is a joke.

But yeah, they're really in full swing. I've been impressed.

I really hope this movie is a hit.

If the GL Colostomy bag is real... that's just a new level of desperation there :funny:

Terminal Tower to turn into a giant "Green Lantern" Monday night

The secret's out.

Monday night, Cleveland's Terminal Tower will be turned into Green Lantern's headquarters in anticipation of the Friday opening of the "Green Lantern" movie.

The building will be bathed in green light with a projection of the Green Lantern insignia from 9 to 10 p.m.

Fans are asked to gather at the nearby Hard Rock Caf in Tower City to "join the Green Lantern Corps." The first 25 fans who can recite the Green Lantern oath will get a prize package with movie tickets and T-shirts, and one person will win a $500 "green card" to use in a spending spree.

Say it now, "In brightest day and blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power, Green Lantern's light."
http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/201...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

If the GL Colostomy bag is real... that's just a new level of desperation there :funny:

I love how when a movie is well promoted it's "desperation."

It might be stupid, but hell, people get buried in caskets of their favorite sports teams. If there's money to be made...

Selling officially licensed colostomy bags is desperation.

I don't see what's desperate about it.

Weird, sure. Desperate implies they're panicked about the movie and think that producing officially licensed colostomy bags will help it's success. If anything, it implies they are confident it will be big and want to maximize their revenues by selling more obscure merchandise to potentially make a buck. I'm still skeptical that's real, however. It's just so odd.

Good grief that Subway commercial is getting ANNOYING! That is quite possibly the worst, most clumsy integration of a movie tie-in I've ever seen in a fast food commercial. Even the Twilight / Burger King tie-in felt less awkward than this ad. And what's worse, the more times I watch this commercial, the more irritated I become every time I see that bespectacled character with the curly hair, and even when I see the movie my perception of that guy will already be permanently tied to a cheesy commercial for avocado sandwiches. :cmad:

Last edited:
Found this on an asian twitter acc:

picture.php

You know I think that the marketing for this is just perfect but I think some of the GA are gonna feel a tad over exposed to Green Lantern. My brother said he is feeling a tad annoyed by the marketing what are your guys thoughts?

Hell make sure your ass know about this film. I mean would you like this or underwhelming marketing.

The suit details reminds me of Dracula's armour from the 1992 Bram Stoker film.

DRAC1500md.jpg

The suit details reminds me of Dracula's armour from the 1992 Bram Stoker film.

DRAC1500md.jpg

Bram Stoker was the author of Dracula, FYI. He died in 1912. Francis Ford Coppola directed the 1992 film.

Bram Stoker was the author of Dracula, FYI. He died in 1912. Francis Ford Coppola directed the 1992 film.

I knew that actually... But it was billed as "Bram Stoker's Dracula."

Wise ass.

;)

thats awesome :D i remember them doing something like that for spiderman 3 aswell

Ill be In GL shirt obviously and have my GL ring on so look for me. Haha.

I currently lack a GL shirt, so I'll be wearing an army green peace sign shirt. My girlfriend is adament that she's going in all yellow, just for the lolz.

I was the guy wearing the Mask, THE ONLY GUY WEARING THE MASK. It was an ok event but nothing special.

I was the guy wearing the Mask, THE ONLY GUY WEARING THE MASK. It was an ok event but nothing special.

I most definitely saw you! What time did you first arrive there? I got ther at 7:00 and was SEVENTY-SIXTH IN LINE:cmad:

Missed it by that much.

I still got a shirt and poster though.

Despite the swag I must say that was a remarkably lack luster event. I cant speak for the other cities but in St. Louis, as Hush will surely back me up, the light they shined was really dim and really just put a green splotch on the top corner of the building. It was kind of sad to watch actually. I'll post video later.

I got there at 5 like I told you I would man! I waited 4 hours for like what you said, the crappiest spotlight in recent years. I mean it was more fun arguing with the guy behind me about why Kyle was better and talking about how the movie was gonna be fun and stuff. It was definately a communal thing just like being at a Con. Do we know when the FB pictures will be posted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"