• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official Green Lantern Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the hell is that one review a 5.5/10? I read the whole review and it doesn't match up with that rating. AT ALL.

Probably because, as much as some people are saying the reviews are due to prejudice against comic movies, this review comes from a comic fan who really wanted to like the movie.

There's a lot of people at both WB and DCE right now that need to have a good, long, hard look at themselves.

Don't be ridiculous. You make it sound like the damn movie has already flopped at the box office and as if the general reaction to the movie is negative when it isn't exactly the case. :whatever::whatever::whatever::whatever:

What makes you think you can act like that at this juncture? Guy, it's premature.

The silver lining here is this will show the studio that Ryan Reynolds can't carry a film with his limited range . So if there is anything good to come out of what is looking like a major disaster here .....

Look at this point, we have a feeling what the reviews are going to be, although I'm curious what Richard Roeper will write as he's generally been positive about the genre.

However, the reviews aren't going to be good, so I'm going to the movie with the only expectation that they did justice to the character, and that hopefully the movie will do well enough to get a second shot.

Probably because, as much as some people are saying the reviews are due to prejudice against comic movies, this review comes from a comic fan who really wanted to like the movie.

If that is why then it still doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

Don't be ridiculous. You make it sound like the damn movie has already flopped at the box office and as if the general reaction to the movie is negative when it isn't exactly the case. :whatever::whatever::whatever::whatever:

What makes you think you can act like that at this juncture? Guy, it's premature.

If you think this film is gonna make a boat load of cash you're kidding yourself.

The silver lining here is this will show the studio that Ryan Reynolds can't carry a film with his limited range . So if there is anything good to come out of what is looking like a major disaster here .....

Please go away. All I have seen from you is you coming in this Green Lantern forum and continuously looking down on the movie in some way over and over and over.

Great, now there'll be the tons of random people that pop up saying they always knew the movie would be a failure. :dry:

I believe it'll be this year's Transformers. Critics will hate it, but the General Audience will love it. It seems like the quintessential summer movie: Action, comedy, romance, adventure and some suspence in a fast-paced, action-packed movie.

If you think this film is gonna make a boat load of cash you're kidding yourself.

You pulled that b.s. out of your butt, how did you come to that stupid conclusion? I don't appreciate you trying to be convincing by coming off as some omnipotent being, it's not working. Like at all.

Please go away. All I have seen from you is you coming in this Green Lantern forum and continuously looking down on the movie in some way over and over and over.
Im looking at it realiostically . This film was huge for the future of other dc projects and things are not looking good now . Anyone who wants a Flash film ,should be sweating right now .

300 million with marketing on what is looking like a turkey is bad news

I think Ryan Reynolds is a great actor, just looking for that breakthrough role that will make him a bonafide A-list superstar. I was really hoping Green Lantern would be that film for him, but it looks like that won't be the case... :(

Im looking at it realiostically . This film was huge for the future of other dc projects and things are not looking good now . Anyone who wants a Flash film ,should be sweating right now .

300 million with marketing on what is looking like a turkey is bad news

Sure you are. :whatever:

yeah, i think the critics reviews will have a noticeable effect on the box office. green lantern is unknown territory to most people, and that makes them uncertain of it. if people are intrigued by the movie, they're gonna look for comfort and support in the reviews. if the reviews dont give them that comfort, then they're not gonna waste their money on this.

Great, now there'll be the tons of random people that pop up saying they always knew the movie would be a failure. :dry:

I believe it'll be this year's Transformers. Critics will hate it, but the General Audience will love it. It seems like the quintessential summer movie: Action, comedy, romance, adventure and some suspence in a fast-paced, action-packed movie.

Judging from the reviews it doesn't have much of any of that. But you're right about one thing, the haters are going to have a field day.

I'll say right now that I'm not that guy. Since 2008 I've been defending this film and saying positive things about it. I appear to have been wrong, and am deeply disappointed by that. But I still hope that I can see the movie and enjoy it a lot more than the reviews suggest.

Sure you are. :whatever:

You pulled that b.s. out of your butt, how did you come to that stupid conclusion? I don't appreciate you trying to be convincing by coming off as some omnipotent being, it's not working. Like at all.

Chill man.

jmc,

The haters will get worse if Captain America takes off. That'll be Marvel-3, DC-0.

It'll never end.

It's estimated opening isn't big, the worldwide release is staggered and word of the ordinary reviews are spreading like wildfire, use some common sense.

And a warning - people should prepare for a bumpy ride. Reviews can be a bit like a steam train, gaining momentum. Good reviews often beget more good reviews. But even more prevalantly, bad reviews beget more bad reviews. Once something becomes known as "a bad film", there are critics who take relish in joining the fun and tearing it to shreds. It can get like sharks at a feeding frenzy.

I just hope this ain't as bad as Irron Man 2 . Now that film sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"