Greg Berlanti to direct solo 'Green Lantern' film

Gotham City (And Star City, if i'm not mistaken) are mentioned in of of the News programs reporting Green Lantern heroic feats across the globe. ,

The Sinestro Corps War wouldn't be the same without Antimonitor, Supercyborg, Superboy-Prime and others. If they eventually use the Sinestro Corps, it should be with a new plot.

I think that a successful Sinestro Corps story could be done without them because they're all supporting players. None of them really essential to the corps creation or continued existence. I mean, its called the Sinestro Corps for a reason.

Now, don't get me wrong I like those characters I just think they could easily spin another story with Sinestro creating his Corps without them and in their place characters like Amon-Sur and Fatality could take the lead.

hey can someone PLLLLEEEAAASEEE PM this GL script! it would be greatly appreciated

Gotham City (And Star City, if i'm not mistaken) are mentioned in of of the News programs reporting Green Lantern heroic feats across the globe. ,

Yup, that's right. :D I'd love it if they threw in a Central City reference. :D

Last edited:
I think that a successful Sinestro Corps story could be done without them because they're all supporting players. None of them really essential to the corps creation or continued existence. I mean, its called the Sinestro Corps for a reason.

Now, don't get me wrong I like those characters I just think they could easily spin another story with Sinestro creating his Corps without them and in their place characters like Amon-Sur and Fatality could take the lead.
The thing about them is that the sinestro corps is all about striking fear into people, each one of those characters is ridiculously powerful and Hard to kill, so much that it actually kinda freaked me out when reading it, without them it wouldn't be the same, with them, and it wouldn't be the same to a general movie-goer with no prior knowledge on the characters. I don't see why Cyborg Superman couldn't be in it, Anti- Monitor and Prime would be way too hard, and would never happen by that time, even if they DID for whatever reason decide to start making Crisis movies. Having a movie without them IS possible, I just personally don't think it'd have that big wow factor that the comic did.

Yeah..There was a montage, and a News anchor mentioned GOTHAM teens randomly beating people up.

It would be cool if the newscaster adressed those teens as "The Mutants". :yay:

Though Anti-Monitor and Superman Prime are out of the question, I think you could work in Hank Henshaw. Just remove the Superman elements of his backstory. Don't call him the Cyborg Superman, just Hank Henshaw. His origin could be kept largely intact, but just make him the leader of the Manhunters like he is now in the comics rather than dwelling on the Superman connection. The character will never be in a Superman film anyway.

And I think the Sinestro Corps saga introduced plenty of other members who I'd love to see on the big screen. As someone else mentioned, Amon Sur and Fatality work fine. But then there's Karu-Sil, with her horde of vicious hellhound constructs. There's creepy insectoid Bedovian. Arkillo is a badass, basically the anti-Kilowog. And best of all - and scariest of all - there is the nightmarish, hideous, baby-snatching hag known as Kryb.

The problem with Henshaw, Prime, or the Anti-Monitor is that noone knows them outside of comic book fans. You problem would get a lot more mileage out of the general public with someone like Zod.

The problem with Henshaw, Prime, or the Anti-Monitor is that noone knows them outside of comic book fans. You problem would get a lot more mileage out of the general public with someone like Zod.

I think that has absolutely nothing to do with it. Superhero rogues gallery are practically brand new to audiences anytime they are featured on screen, except for maybe Batman. If it wasnt for Batman being in so many different incarnations since the 50s than people wouldnt have known as many batman rogues as they do today.

I hope production on gl is still moving along nicely and we get official green lite and cast reveal soon.

I think that has absolutely nothing to do with it. Superhero rogues gallery are practically brand new to audiences anytime they are featured on screen, except for maybe Batman. If it wasnt for Batman being in so many different incarnations since the 50s than people wouldnt have known as many batman rogues as they do today.

Sure, but the point of including all the big hitters in SCW was that they were instantly recognized as big hitters. Stopping to introduce these characters adds nothing to a movie.

Granted, Henshaw is probably the least of the issues. He's a big scary cyborg, that works pretty easily. But, Prime and the Anti-Monitor have bigger hurdles to overcome. You're probably better off with a random escapee from the Phantom Zone than Prime.

Agreed.

I would like to see Sinestro Corps, but, as i said, only with a new storyline, or a modifided version of John's saga. It would't be the same without Antimonitor, Superboy-Prime, the Earth heroes and etc.

And i think we'll not see the Manhunters in a movie, since Legion took their place as the Guardians first (and failed) attempt to protect the Universe.

The Man of Steel May Cameo In The Green Lantern Film
January 17, 2009 · By Tony Dillard

DC Comics looks like it might be taking a page of out Marvel’s book if and when the Green Lantern film becomes a reality. In a recent interview, Marc Guggenheim, one of the film’s current screenwriters, reveals that the writing staff is trying to pack the film with tons of Easter Eggs. “Every time we sit down to write, we always ask, ‘What do the Fans want to see?’” Guggenheim told Wizard Magazine in the January 2009 Platinum issue.

While Guggenheim is staying quiet on many of the Easter Eggs, he does reveal that Superman will play a small role in one of them. “When the ring is spinning around the planet looking for a successor to Abin Sur, it passes a guy with glasses working at the Daily Planet,” he states. If the scene stays in the final version of the film, it will mark the first time that a major DC character has appeared in another superhero’s movie.

Marvel started the trend of having characters make cameo appearances when Samuel L. Jackson’s Col. Nick Fury appeared in a scene during the end credits of last year’s smash hit, Iron Man. The trend continued with Robert Downey Jr.’s Anthony Stark popping up in the Incredible Hulk movie later that same year. Shortly afterwards, Marvel Comics and Iron Man director, Jon Favreau laid out a complex plan in which more Marvel characters would make cameos in upcoming films. This plan was established in order to pave the way for the Avengers movie, which will focus on an elite team of Marvel superheroes, some of whom have already been featured in their own solo films. The Avengers movie has a proposed release date of 2011 or 2012.

Could DC be following Marvel’s “Avengers Assemble” plan in hopes of making a team movie of its own? Fans have been clamoring for a live action Justice League movie ever since a failed TV pilot was filmed in the nineties. And now, with Marvel intertwining its movie franchises, DC Comics and Warner Bros. may be inclined to follow suit.

DC Comics has not formally announced yet that it too will combine its movie franchises in order to create a mosaic like Marvel is planning. Even though there has been talk of a Justice League movie, the movie currently appears to be on hold. However, if Guggenheim and his writing team get their wish, and the proposed Superman scene finds its way into the Green Lantern film, fans may find a huge Easter Egg that signals the green light for Justice League: The Movie.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2009/01/17/the-man-of-steel-may-cameo-in-the-green-lantern-film

nothing new there but nice article. Hopefully the kent cameo stays in the film or they atless film it and all that. Though like many of us have said by the time the scene is to be shot they really need to have their superman plans all straighten out. As i said just recently as last night it would best be show clark at his desk reading a planet article and only show his legs/hands and keep his face blocked.

Anyone else see this?

Marc Guggenheim: An Eli Stone/Green Lantern Update
By Vaneta Rogers
posted: 13 January 2009 05:25 am ET

The message of the ABC legal drama Eli Stone is one of hope, and comics writer Marc Guggenheim is holding onto hope that the television show he co-created can be saved from cancelation.

Fans of Guggenheim haven't heard a lot of good news about his Hollywood projects lately. Not only did ABC announce in November that the network would not order new episodes of the legal drama Eli Stone, which Guggenheim co-created with Greg Berlanti, but a recent statement from David Goyer also indicated the Green Lantern movie Guggenheim co-wrote was put on hold along with other DC movies.

But Guggenheim said he’s not only holding onto hope that Eli Stone could be renewed for a third season, but he doesn't think Goyer meant to include Green Lantern in his statement. (In fact, although Goyer didn’t name what movies in particular were put "on hold," his comment was in response to a question relating to his Flash and Green Arrow projects.)

"I don't think David was referring to Green Lantern. I think David was referring to other properties. That doesn't jibe with the information that I've been getting," Guggenheim said.

That assessment would agree with what Guggenheim told Newsarama in October, when the writer said the Hal Jordan-centered film, which he co-wrote with Berlanti and Superman/Batman scribe Michael Green, was moving along in pre-production, unaffected by any of the rumored reworking that other DC projects were experiencing at Warner Bros. "It hasn't really affected this project in the least," he said at the time.

While Guggenheim said he couldn't say anything else about the Green Lantern film right now, he was more than happy to discuss Eli Stone. While ABC decided not to order any additional episodes of the show for this season, Guggenheim said that doesn't mean there couldn't be hope for next fall.
http://www.newsarama.com/tv/010913-Guggenheim-Stone.html

Looks like GL may not be on "hold" like the other projects at all. :D As for my two cents on what Goyer was talking about, I think he was refering to DC's annoucment all those months ago about them trying to "rework" their strategy. I doubt he actually stays in touch with them that much, so when asked what was going on he gave them that. :)

hey kevin next time you dont need to put the same article in multi threads lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"