The Official Green Lantern Rumors/Speculation Thread - Part 1

This movie will happen right after that Cyborg stand alone*

*it ain’t happening

Anything that is better than the 2011 ****show that we got back in 2011; personally I just want a great reboot which means staying close to the source material and great casting

The trouble is, GL is in what might be the worst position of any CBM right now. Back when they announced that there would be a GL Corps movie, it was based on the assumption that BvS would be a huge critical and financial success, and it would be followed up by a very well-received JL film that would break box office records. The opposite happened. BvS made money but didn't hit $1 billion and the film was universally panned. JL was also panned, and it flopped.

And so now here is GL, a property that was already adapted once (and not that long ago) into a critical and financial bomb. WB isn't likely to invest in such a property again, when it can't even seem to get things right with most of its heavy hitters (Superman, Batman, JL). Now, Wonder Woman was great, and if WW2, Aquaman and Shazam are well-received and financially successful, that bodes well for GL, but even that might not be enough. I think it may be a LONG time before we see a GL film, if we do at all. And that sucks.

Well, thank god for Black Panther then. In a way, that's pretty much the only type of "guarantee" that GLC could still happen.

Also, don’t give us sinestro as a goddamn GL for a whole movie :funny:
Sinestrosciver.png

Jeez, do I second this :up:

The trouble is, GL is in what might be the worst position of any CBM right now. Back when they announced that there would be a GL Corps movie, it was based on the assumption that BvS would be a huge critical and financial success, and it would be followed up by a very well-received JL film that would break box office records. The opposite happened. BvS made money but didn't hit $1 billion and the film was universally panned. JL was also panned, and it flopped.

And so now here is GL, a property that was already adapted once (and not that long ago) into a critical and financial bomb. WB isn't likely to invest in such a property again, when it can't even seem to get things right with most of its heavy hitters (Superman, Batman, JL). Now, Wonder Woman was great, and if WW2, Aquaman and Shazam are well-received and financially successful, that bodes well for GL, but even that might not be enough. I think it may be a LONG time before we see a GL film, if we do at all. And that sucks.

I can't disagree. I want to, but I can't.

It’ll be a real shame if a GLC doesn’t happen.

DC has a pantheon of God tier characters but they ****ed it up. Sans Wondy.

Crazy how popular Guardians is and we haven't got a decent GL film yet.

Crazy how popular Guardians is and we haven't got a decent GL film yet.

True. And then finally JL gives us the first glimpse of a 'live-action' GL since the 2011 disaster and that movie gets panned too! Still, at least this time it wasn't down to GL.

To be fair, Guardians isn't popular because it's space centred, it's popular because of its humour.

Personally I'd want GLC to be more serious, I'd love to see what Denis Villeneuve would do with it.

To be fair, Guardians isn't popular because it's space centred, it's popular because of its humour.

Personally I'd want GLC to be more serious, I'd love to see what Denis Villeneuve would do with it.
True.

I just meant that there is finally a new space film series doing really well from a virtually unknown property and far bigger properties like GL still have no guarantee of even getting made. :csad:

I love Villeneuve. Not 100% sure if he'd be interested in something like this.

He did Arrival and Blade Runner 2049, he's going to be doing an adaptation of Dune, so he's not averse to sci-fi. Whether he's willing to do a superhero film or get involved in a universe is different matter.

He'll want to do it his way, and you know when it comes to comic flicks they have a certain amount of control they need.

Denis would be the perfect director for GLC or even JJ Abrams if they can manage to get him for this project

It's popular because of both. It wouldn't have made nearly as much money if the exact same jokes were played over an earthbound comedy.

I have been saying John Krasinski but no one wants to see him as Hal

All I see in that picture is Gosling.

But it's gotta be James Marsden and Sterling K. Brown as Hal and John. Accept no substitutes.

Or I would go with Justin Hartley and Sterling K Brown as Hal and John

You would be 50% wrong.

Armie Hammer would be my 2nd choice for Hal

Looking at the LOST IN SPACE reboot... How about Neil Marshall? If HELLBOY scores he could have some heat going for him. He does effects, scope and atmospherics pretty damn good.

Neil Marshall I can see him doing Green Lantern especially if he stays true to the source material

All I see in that picture is Gosling.

But it's gotta be James Marsden and Sterling K. Brown as Hal and John. Accept no substitutes.

I was thinking that too when I saw the picture haha. I was like, "Whoa, that looks like Ryan Gosling." I don't know if that was intentional or not.

Although I'd be cool with James Marsden and Sterling K Brown for those roles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"