The Official Green Lantern Rumors/Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't the trades also report Asa Butterfield was king to be the next Spider-man?

I don't remember the trades confirming that Butterfield landed the role. I remember them saying he was a contender and a frontrunner but I don't recall one trade saying that he has been confirmed to be the next Spider-Man. If somebody can post proof that Variety and THR said that he had the role I will gladly accept that.

Also there is a different between getting the character wrong and getting which film an actor is going to play in wrong. Will Smith is indeed in Suicide Squad and JGL was in TDKR.

I'm not saying that those trades don't get things wrong because that would be a lie.

Last edited:
I have no idea. I'll say this much, I'll be happy with Pine as either Trevor or Hal.

I'm not holding my breath but it would be fun if they revealed the actor this weekend on stage.

I think I remember someone reporting that Butterfield had landed the role, but whether it was one of the big name trades, I'm not sure.

It was El Maybe. Sigh.

I just looked back on my twitter and writers for THR and Variety respectively denied that he had been cast.

El Mayimbe's track record is decent enough, but he's had lots of hiccups as well. He was the one that started the Chris Pine as Hal thing, that's why I took it with a grain of salt.

El Mayimbe's track record is decent enough, but he's had lots of hiccups as well. He was the one that started the Chris Pine as Hal thing, that's why I took it with a grain of salt.

I see where you are coming from. Hopefully we will find out soon.

Well, I hope the rumors turn out to be true. It's just that thus far I'm completely disgusted by WB's treatment of Hal Jordan, so I'm not sure if they even know how to treat him right.

Well, I hope the rumors turn out to be true. It's just that thus far I'm completely disgusted by WB's treatment of Hal Jordan, so I'm not sure if they even know how to treat him right.

Agreed.

At least now we know officially about GLC. That was the most logical way to go.

Corps is great, as everyone can get what they want. It is fits the tone. GL is definitely a team book imo. :yay:

In the concept art, Hal looks like a bearded Chris Pine. I also spot maybe Kyle Rayner.

Hopefully they don't give Hal a beard in the movies. If he plays the role of the veteran GL, fine. But I prefer clean cut looking Hal Jordan.

Would anyone be opposed to the Guardians of the Universe being played by actors in blue makeup and minor CG adjustments, rather than being completely CG?

Would anyone be opposed to the Guardians of the Universe being played by actors in blue makeup and minor CG adjustments, rather than being completely CG?

I wouldn't be opposed at all. Much like the GL uniform, it's a good strategy to do only what is necessary with CGI. WB didn't need to make the GotU as costly as they did last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"