The Official Green Lantern Rumors/Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pine would be great I actually think Ryan Reynolds would have been good too under different circumstances.

What if we had Nathan Fillion play Hal and Chris pine play Kyle raynor?

An out of the box casting idea for Hal could be JOSH BROLIN. He easily looks like he could be a pilot and former Air Force officer, and if they decide to go with an older Hal and a younger John Stewart I think he'd be perfect

As soon as Ryan Reynolds was announced as Hal Jordan, people stated complaining, and mocking him, there were many who thought that he could play only in comedic movies and they couldn't imagine him in any role other than Van Wilder.

Hope we avoid same situation with any new actor. And please keep Josh Brolin miles away from DC Universe, he had his chance when he played Jonah Hex. I cannot imagine Brolin as any DC hero, maybe some thug.

I just don't think Reynolds is leading man level.

I'd love to see them use Kyle Rayner and write him like Jon Snow on GOT, treating the idea of a White Lantern as some mythic unheard of legend.

Variety claims that Pine is Steve Trevor.

Latino Review claims that he's Hal Jordan.

Why are we talking about this? Variety > Latino Review. Period.

I just don't think Reynolds is leading man level.

I'd love to see them use Kyle Rayner and write him like Jon Snow on GOT, treating the idea of a White Lantern as some mythic unheard of legend.

Dang thats an amazing idea. Could work in Ion and the black lanterns too

I think everyone knew this was going to be a Corps-based movie after the backlash the Reynolds film received for not focusing on that enough. The buddy cop angle is obvious. This really isn't that shocking. Interesting rumor about Pine. We'll see. He certainly would be a solid choice for the role.

Also, shouldn't this be in the Green Lantern board?

I hope this is true cause it is exactly what I have been hoping for. Having Hal, John, Kyle, and Guy all in the film would be awesome.

Steve Trevor or Hal Jordan? Tough call.
Chris Pine really deserves to play GL but Wonder Woman's love interest needs to be played by Pine.

Pine would be great I actually think Ryan Reynolds would have been good too under different circumstances.

What if we had Nathan Fillion play Hal
Just LET IT HAPPEN! :woot:

In DCU, everything is possible!

I dunno buddy cop movie. Couldn't that turn people away again from GL? It's a good idea, don't get me wrong just playing devil's advocate here.

I dunno buddy cop movie. Couldn't that turn people away again from GL? It's a good idea, don't get me wrong just playing devil's advocate here.

No what they did last time which was shy away from the GLC and OA & keep it mostly earth based with only Hal as an anchor will turn people away. GL as a singular hero in his own earth based story = another pea in a pod. GLC on the big screen exploring sector 2814 and beyond however = so much more.

No what they did last time which was shy away from the GLC and OA & keep it mostly earth based with only Hal as an anchor will turn people away. GL as a singular hero in his own earth based story = another pea in a pod. GLC on the big screen exploring sector 2814 and beyond however = so much more.

I disagree - I think both have options, and it really depends on what route they go. One thing is for sure...do one or the other though, doing both is way too much.

I don't see why it would. People like budy cops. People like superheroes. Bam. Sucess. [BLACKOUT]Well, hopefully, at least[/BLACKOUT]

This has been talked about for awhile now.

Hope this happens since it is logical path for the GL reboot films to have Hal, John and maybe even Kyle and lady GL be involved. I have never been a a big Guy fan....but it would be interesting to see his d-bag attitude on film.

Have to have Hal and John play off eachother and have them have fun personalities but be serious military men at times as well.

Chris Pine as Hal and Idris Elba or Terry Crews as John with Joseph Kosinski, Neil Bloomkamp, or Matt Reeves directing!

If Tyrese does wind up being cast as John, I will be okay with it. He has been involved with some big time box office films as of late and nobody can deny that.

Last edited:
Regarding the Brolin suggestion... He's Thanos in the MCU so I don't think there's a chance in hell he plays Hal.

People have suggested Jake G for the role. I have a little trouble picturing it but I'm sure he would crush it.

Tyrese Gibson teases again that he and Chris pine are both green lanterns

https://instagram.com/p/4ZoRuaIZpS/

He posted a photoshop green lantern poster of him and Chris pine as john Stewart and hal Jordan on his Instagram

I can absolutely see Chris pine playing hal Jordan. tyrese Gibson doesn't really seem very john Stewart like to me but I admire his interest in the part!

Last edited:
Out of all of the movies on the upcoming DC slate, this is the one that I think they are most clueless about. I think the Ryan Reynolds movie is absolutely fascinating, and I know they are probably still internally discussing what went wrong with that absolute failure, so I think it will be quite a while before we get any real news on this.

I'm perfectly fine with Pine and Tyrese as Hal and Jon. Now just add Scott Caan as Guy and Arnold Schwarzenegger as Kilawog.

I'm perfectly fine with Pine and Tyrese as Hal and Jon. Now just add Scott Caan as Guy and Arnold Schwarzenegger as Kilawog.

Oh man ! That would be awesome, what about Will Ferrell as Guy Gardner, or someone really annoying ( Scot Caan could certainly do it though).

Man I hope this rumour is true, I've always said that GL would work better as an ensemble cast film.

Hope they bring back Mark Strong as Sinestro !

Oh man ! That would be awesome, what about Will Ferrell as Guy Gardner, or someone really annoying ( Scot Caan could certainly do it though).

Man I hope this rumour is true, I've always said that GL would work better as an ensemble cast film.

Hope they bring back Mark Strong as Sinestro !

I'd always though the actor who payed Randall in Clerks would make a great guy Gardner but he's kind of old now haha

I agree I would be completely fine with mark strong playing sinestro again and I don't think the general audience would be confused by that at all I think they could easily get away with having the same sinestro

Are there any other actors that could be as suitable for Hal as Pine?
Fillion is more of a fan cast and Gyllanhaal has the looks but lacks some of the charisma.
That depends on how the character will be written though. DCU is more serious, so Gyllenhaal might work for a tense and dramatic version.

Idris - Hal Jordan

Jake G - John Stewart
Are we reversing the colors?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"