The Official Green Lantern Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
New issue today, I believe.
Also the last issue.
So... ladies and... all you other people, start your engines.
(AKA 'bump'.)

I am all aquiver with anticipation. I hope Kyle doesn't kill Major Force, though.

I really liked the final issue.
Although it was a little less exciting to find out his mother was still alive, I was happy for Kyle. And I loved how he got rid of Force. A little cruel, sure, but the bastich deserved it. It looks like Kyle is gonna play space ranger from now on, although I think it was more a way to get rid of Kyle in anticipation of Hal than anything else. They put Kyle in space to make room for Hal on earth. I suppose its still possible for him to die in Rebirth, but I don't think its very likely. Assuming he doesn't die and is cemented in his new role as a space-faring GL, I'm kinda disappointed, because it would probably mean we'd see less of him as a supporting character, unless DC gives him another title of his own, which I would love.
All-in-all, I thought this was a good ending to a great arc.

Well, the way I see it,
Kyle proclaims that "that part [the Earth part] of [his] life is over." I think that leaves the doors wide open for Kyle to be the man behind the new Corps, training them, offering them insight into what it means to be a Green Lantern and, even more than that, what it means to be a hero. The previous incarnation of the Corps was hampered by the fact that they were basically cops doing a job. Kyle took the ring, grew to understand the weight of the responsibility, and selflessly continued despite the fact that the "job" robbed him of more than it could ever repay him for. That message is definitely at the core of Marz's story and is encapsulated perfectly in this issue, and it's a valuable message for the new Corps' members to learn. I think Kyle, during his spacefaring after #181, will get caught up in Rebirth and come out the other end of it with the full blessing of Hal, Kilowog, and Ganthet, as well as their respect. He's got the perfect experience for training newbies: he went from just another guy to one of the most powerful and inspiring heroes in the universe without any training wheels.

Oh, I agree, this throws the doors wide open for a new Corps, which I don't have a problem with except that it would seem like it would limit Kyle's later appearances, like I said before. I'd love to see a new series featuring Kyle and the new Corps, but I don't see it happening for a bit, at least until Hal's series gets off the ground.

Yeah, same here. Kind of makes you wish JLU would go off the air so John's JLA spot could be freed up again, huh? ;)

Now that we're actually on the eve of Hal's return and Kyle's involvement in the new book looks to be minimal at best... I find I'm missing him a lot more than I expected to. Maybe it's just because he's the GL I know the most about, so he's kind of safe, as opposed to Hal, who's the mysterious new guy for me.

^ In Kyle we trust. :)
can't wait to read 181. I'm not reading spoilers and usually I'm a spoiler junkie but this time, I genuinly want to be surprised.

Right you are... I was NOT disappointed.
OMG! He decapitated Major Force! Brilliant! What a creative and yet classic way to get rid of the purple bi@tch! He had me worried for a while. and how can he be sure his mother isn't really dead and Force was just lying to him? Shouldn't he check first before blasting off into space?
At the end of the day, I'm happy he stopped blaming the ring for everything and took back his life. Sorta reminded me of what Buffy went through in season 6. Life isn't bliss, life is just this... it's living:
Cos all of the stars
Are fading away
Just try not to worry
You'll see them some day
Take what you need
And be on your way
And stop crying your heart out

:up:

I'm a Kyle fan but I really have never liked the Corps. If he's to become just some ring leader to a bunch of lame aliens, I have no interest in that. I liked Kyle on Earth. To me, Kyle on Earth is like Batman in Gotham. It just works better. For me, this was a farewell to Green Lantern, who's been one of my favorite heroes since Kyle took over. I'm not going to bother with Rebirth as I have no interest in Hal Jordan or the GL Corps. And I have no intention of supporting a book that had to shunt my favorite character to the side, just to exist. I'm glad I got to enjoy Kyle while he was GL, and the star of the show. And I eagerly await the day they'll give him his own title again. Hopefully I won't have to wait ten years!

I started really reading about Green Lantern when he first came on after Hal went crazy.

Now here is my question and I don't feel like looking this up so bare with me. Would everhone besides the fans be so accepting that he returned? Even Batman has constantly reminded him of what he did.

But all his fans seem to think he can just come back in as if he didn't do anything wrong. Welcome back Hal, here's your membership back into the JLA and we will just get rid of John. Does anyone know or have any ideas of how he is going to be intigrated back not even in continuity but back into trust with everyone?

That's what Rebirth is supposed to cover. Johns has made it clear in several interviews that he's well aware of the fact that Hal's gonna have Parallax hanging over his head for the rest of how many ever lives DC sees fit to give him. One of the questions in a Wizard interview actually dealt with whether Hal would be coming back with a clean slate and Johns said something like no because it makes the character so much more interesting to have that baggage to put behind him.

This issue was a great closing to a good arc. Its perfect how it ends with the lead in to Rebirth.
What kyle did to the Major Barney was classic! I can almost hear him yelling in space for eternity! Or until hes picked up by an evil alien scientist and attached to a powerfull body or something.

Well if Kyle gets his own book, most likely it will deal with the corps, which is ok if done right. But im with Stikmann, I think Kyle belongs on Earth not rounding up aliens for a corps.

Hey can anyone here tell me all the Green Lantern trades that have Hal Jordan in it? I want to read about him before his return.

I don't know all of them, but I'm sure some of the first anyone's gonna recommend to you are the Hard-Traveling Heroes trades that feature Hal and Green Arrow.

I am Batman said:
Hey can anyone here tell me all the Green Lantern trades that have Hal Jordan in it? I want to read about him before his return.

I suggest two:

Green Lantern:Willworld
Green Lantern: Legacy: The Last Will and Testament of Hal Jordan

Great issue, and loved how Kyle dealt with Major Force. With what happened at the end of the issue, I hope this does'nt mean we won't get to see Kyle anymore, he's been the Green Lantern I've grown up with, even though I'm glad Hal's coming back, I want Kyle to still be around.

Emerald Dawn, Emerald Dawn II, The Road back, Emerald Twilight/New Dawn, GL/GA vol I and II, Willworld, Legacy last will and testament. Don't know if there is more, but I got all of them.

Which trade's the one where Kyle teams up with a younger Hal, from before he became Parallax?

was there even much of a demand for hal to come back anyways? And although I know they wont do it, I hope John and Bats give Hal a good asskicking....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"