Arrow The Official Helena Bertinelli Thread

Once you've knowingly and deliberately slaughtered a dozen cops purely for the sake of pursuing your own personal revenge? You are beyond redemption. The only valid path is to sit in your jail cell and not complain about it.

Which is to say, I *really* hope the writers don't try to sell a Helena redemption plot, seeing as they gave themselves absolutely nothing to work with.

arrow-infographic011514-b9330.jpg

They will be fine with trying to redeem Helena, worse characters have found redemption in the past.

1. Oliver never murdered a bunch of honest cops who's only "crime" was trying to do their jobs.

2. As of yet, the show has even tried to "redeem" Slade, nor do I think that they will. IF they can get Manu to come back, and that's a pretty big "if," then at best he'll be the ruthless mercenary with a twisted code of ethics that he is in the comics.

3. Did I mention that she murdered cops? I'm sorry, but that's kind of hard to get around. Honestly, I could have maybe bought a redemption arc for her, if the show hadn't been foolish enough to go that far with it. That's sort of the "nope, you're a monster, you're done" moment for a lot of people.

3. Did I mention that she murdered cops? I'm sorry, but that's kind of hard to get around. Honestly, I could have maybe bought a redemption arc for her, if the show hadn't been foolish enough to go that far with it. That's sort of the "nope, you're a monster, you're done" moment for a lot of people.

Well....for me, it would be harder if she killed little children, that would make her hella lot more of a monster (imo) then her killing cops. It would be the same (imo) if she had killed an ordinary citizen. Cops isn't really crossing the line, doesn't make you any worse.

They will be fine with trying to redeem Helena, worse characters have found redemption in the past.

Exactly.

1. Oliver never murdered a bunch of honest cops who's only "crime" was trying to do their jobs.

You're correct. Oliver murdered bodyguards.

2. As of yet, the show has even tried to "redeem" Slade, nor do I think that they will.

Why would they? Slade murdered Oliver's mother. There's no coming back from that.

3. Did I mention that she murdered cops? I'm sorry, but that's kind of hard to get around.

It's really not.

2. As of yet, the show has even tried to "redeem" Slade, nor do I think that they will. IF they can get Manu to come back, and that's a pretty big "if," then at best he'll be the ruthless mercenary with a twisted code of ethics that he is in the comics.

hmmm here's the thing yeah she killed cop's and fed's and U.S.Marshal but people tend not to feel as bad(some how )cause in away it's their job to give their lives to save people. but yeah this are honest cop's and other people in law enforcement that have family's. so it's still bad no matter what. but for alot of them it their duty as well and would proudly give their lives to save others, it doesn't make what she did any less wrong.

here's the where I agree with primal slayer . cause this is alway skipped too often cause she was interrupted from doing so with in this show. she wanted for freaking kill people in the club which had nothing to freaking do with her old man and what he did to her and her fiance she did at one point actually wanted to harm people that came to a place to dance and they don't know or see her often atall or know what her old man did .

those are citzen's of the city just want to have good time after work during the week .

yet she was willing ta waste them. that when she crossed the line now she just need to body count I guess. but attempted is enough in real life

Now if it was kid's and citizen's in public and she was all too happy with them being killed that's a different story. the club is only you where people might agree fully. if there was a body count of ordinary people. but she didn't get the chance to do so. yet it seem she was ruthlessly willing to do so, that was the shaky ground there with this version of huntress with in arrow.

she seem's to have realized what she did was wrong. but the fact of the matter is she should be permanently watched like the sex offender Carla Homoka (know criminal up here in canada) for her Rampage with the cops and what she did at the club or two clubs like time she took off her mask for the cam's to see her face.

I don't care for that bad story excuse where Malcolm strolled through the city with ease. I really don't want to be reminded of what went down with him (Malcolm) alone which was the major issue season 3 with her running around with team arrow.

cause they have to come with a good reason why she'd be able to run around the street as huntress again. I don't mind if the gets redemption as long as it's shown she still remorseful and doesn't go back or kills someone that's not with in the law enforcement world or in the crime world.

but if she does kill an ordinary citizens then forget it . but really no more weird avoidance of why she's able to walk the street using the name huntress and why the cops are checking in on her often if she's still gonna be in the city of starling that thing with malcom was too as it is with that. next to Oliver poor excuse of what behind the bar that thea never bother to see why every one esle went behind there except her before Oliver finally to her the truth.

Don't know why the couldn't put an office room that has secrete passage way when he had the money for it prior would have save him alot of trouble. clubs dow have office rooms for the owner to talk to his staff personally or in groups beside the clubs it's self.

Oh the really a bad case of mold yet we all go down there to breath it in sis.

Thea : yeah right you all group humping felicity bro stop lying to me you even have my now ex doing it.

oh boy I hope they have good front/cover story for the new HQ arrow bunker as they're calling it. and not just a cheap door key pad that's easy to break into again . And claim to have installed a security system that we'll never see be used. lol hopefully they don't have their back to ward the main entrance way again too.

Last edited:
The fact that police officers are willing to die if necessary on the job doesn't make her deliberately slaughtering a bunch of them in pursuit of petty vengeance any better. And YES, it IS often considered more heinous (just watch the news for proof of that), to the point that in some states it's an aggravating in deciding whether or not someone gets the Death Penalty or not.

The fact that people believe that it would be oh so easy to just brush that aside and "redeem" her is disturbing to me. "Hey, you murdered a bunch of cops, it's ok. You get to be a hero now." Oh BTW, my dad was a cop for over 30 years, so it's a bit of a touchy subject for me.

If it is bodyguard that protects criminal yes it justified because the criminal deserve to be punished

If you work for a criminal then you take your chances, live by the gun.....

You're assuming that all of them knew they were working for criminals. You're also assuming that they had other options.

If you work for a criminal you know it, unless you are clueless and as far as having no other option, there are always options.

The fact that police officers are willing to die if necessary on the job doesn't make her deliberately slaughtering a bunch of them in pursuit of petty vengeance any better. And YES, it IS often considered more heinous (just watch the news for proof of that), to the point that in some states it's an aggravating in deciding whether or not someone gets the Death Penalty or not.

The fact that people believe that it would be oh so easy to just brush that aside and "redeem" her is disturbing to me. "Hey, you murdered a bunch of cops, it's ok. You get to be a hero now." Oh BTW, my dad was a cop for over 30 years, so it's a bit of a touchy subject for me.
I agree completely which is why I mentioned these are people with familys thes cops as well and they should be treated the same but some people tend to brush it off sadly. due to a certain nature knowing this . life is life. it's all important. Which also why she would watched and I hope they don't do with her with what was done to Malcolm this past season where strolled around the city with too much ease he could have walked up the the police station flaunt he was still alive cause most people assumed he was dead. like I said they have to have good reason to make it "make sense" but they'll most likely avoid it. or drag it

So I'll just have to go with the redemption and hope they don't make her do anything even more crazy like threaten and actually nearly kill ordinary people again that aren't cops or of the criminal world

this wouldn't be an issue if the lower case tanlent of writers weren't just obsessed with the controversy then it being people caught in a situation but were smart people, but they just ended up there. no they just want it there and they don't care too much about certain detail's where some one should know better these days.

Last edited:
A lot of inflated egos in here thinking their moral compass is the only one that matters. Doesn't matter if it's a Syrian kid caught in the civil war, an American cop, an El Salvadoran cartel boss, and so on and so forth. Killing anybody regardless of what they have or haven't done is wrong. Putting more value on someone's life because they've got a piece of metal pinned on their work clothes is ridiculous.

And I'm with the people that think Huntress should get a redemption arc if she were to come back.

It's nothing to do with ego, you can't compare a Cartel boss and a cop. :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"