The Official Hellboy 3 thread

I would be pissed too, frankly. Maybe Perlman and Del Toro will decide they want to do it. Someone's just gotta get them excited about doing it. I'm surprised Del Toro didn't jump right into after his departure from New Zealand.

I think its for the best. The Hellboy movies were good but not good enough. I think they amplify del Toro's flaws rather than hide them. I honestly liked Blade 2 more than both Hellboy movies.

There isn't another human being alive who can make Hellboy movies. I'd rather see it die completely as a cinematic property than have anyone but del Toro in the director's chair. And no one but Pearlman can ever be Hellboy.

This s really disappointing. I want everyone back to finish what they started.

would of been nice.but i could live if they don't do another one.not like 2 ended on a sour note for me.best of luck to del toro

not like 2 ended on a sour note for me.

But they did foretell a major storyline that will never get any resolution/payoff. I'm annoyed GDT doesn't seem to want to come back without finishing what he started. If he only wanted a second one, he shouldn't have set up a third.

Yeah, i'm a little pissed GDT is just giving up on this so easily, its like he's too big for Hellboy movies now or something, when IMO they are 2 of his best movies, and 2 of the best movies in the genre.

I honestly dont know a single person who doesnt like them, would be gutted if we never got a 3rd movie, but not sure I would want one if GDT isnt going to come back.

I'm sad as well but frankly he's got way too many projects waiting for them that sound more interesting and that he is more excited about. Can't really hate the guy for wanting to move onto many other things. I don't want Hellboy to continue without him or Perlman though, just wouldn't be the same. That sword fight at the end of Hellboy 2 is still the best comic book action scene ever, yes I think its better than Spider-man 2's train scene.

^Plenty of the action scene's in HB II were worthy of being called best ever.

I wouldnt mind HBIII being directed by someone else as long as GDT produced, I also dont agree and that of GDT's other projects sound more interesting than a HBIII, PR is one that comes to mind.

All I want is one last Hellboy movie with Perlman and Del Toro. Have a epic amazing trilogy. Then it wouldn't bother me if a live-action Hellboy would ever be seen again. He could easily live on through future stories and animation.

I would be devastated if Del Toro did not return. I can't imagine a Hellboy film without Pearlman and Del Toro.:csad:

He's attached to so many projects such as 'Pacific Rim' (which sounds incredibly awesome), 'Hater' (adaptation), 'Insane' (a video game), 'Mountains of Madness' (adaptation), 'The Haunted Mansion' (remake), etc. I'm beginning to doubt whether or not we will ever see Del Toro at the helm again for the Hellboy franchise.

The must finish of the trilogy. I'd be Very disappointed if HB3 didn't happen. The second movie left us at a very interesting place for things to puck up in 3.

I think its for the best. The Hellboy movies were good but not good enough. I think they amplify del Toro's flaws rather than hide them.
I'd like to see him back, but I'm not crushed either. The second one left a sour taste in my mouth. The fantasy didn't work as well as the Lovecraftian madness of the first one for me. It seemed more contrived (the whole of humanity rejects Hellboy saving the day? Yeah, whatever) and good god was Selma Blair awful.

I honestly liked Blade 2 more than both Hellboy movies.
+1

... Calling Alfonso Cuarón.
Now that's a big "hell yeah!"

From Comic-Con

Ron Perlman said:
(Hellboy 2) was tough. Both of us walked away from that a little bit, “Do I ever want to revisit this?” But then with the luxury of time and looking at it in an objectified way… We were beat up at the end of it… He always looked at it as a trilogy and there were things that were unresolved. So for us to not make it would be letting down people who invested in the first two. It’s epic what he wants to do, but it would be cinematic and well worth doing.
Guillermo del Toro said:
The reality is this:Each of those movies has been an incredible ordeal to make. The first one, it was an $85-90 million dollar movie and we did it for $50 [million] because we wanted a red guy, nobody wanted a blue guy, nobody wanted this crazy little idea. The second movie, it was a $150 million dollar movie that we did for $80 [million]. Very difficult, had to fight for every little thing that made them quirky. The third one is the hardest one because it’s the darkest one and doesn’t necessarily have a happy ending. So to go and say, “Am I going to be able to make it before Ron is 71?” I don’t know. And, by the same token, if it’s not Ron, I don’t want to make it. Somebody else can reboot the franchise, make it different, God bless, but if you do the epic ending — the third one is epic, it’s gigantic.
http://filmoria.co.uk/2011/07/guillermo-del-toro-hints-at-things-to-come/

While I enjoyed both Hellboys, I agree with Vileone that it ampided whatever weakness del Toro has as a film maker.

It's so strange that del Toro is such a funny guy in real life but his actual humor didn't translate as well as it should in the films. I love sight gags and slapstick, but it's a shame that del Toro didn't carry over the dark wit and absurdity of the comics to the films.

Step aside Del Toro... but stay as a producer.

Make the movie NOW with a competent director, a restrained budget AND Pearlman.

Would be a shame if this story isn't finished... even if we never see Hellboy in media again after it.

IMO they are 2 of the best movies of the genre.

So IMO, GDT has to complete the trilogy, they cant just leave us with the 2 movies, especially with the way number 2 ended.

Agreed and agreed! :D

Step aside Del Toro... but stay as a producer.

Make the movie NOW with a competent director, a restrained budget AND Pearlman.

Would be a shame if this story isn't finished... even if we never see Hellboy in media again after it.

Yeah, if GDT stayed on as producer, i'd have faith in him to pick a good director for the job, otherwise its looks like when he is ready to do it Ron will be too old.

Agreed and agreed! :D

:up:

Del Toro lets this stay unfinished? WTF? Then why bother with that finale in Hellboy II?
I also recently read some Hellboy comics again and frankly, it could be better, i noticed that the comics also have a kind of 20s-50s cinema horror athmosphere, it expecially reminds me of the Universal Horror films.

It's kind of a mix between that, H.P.Lovecraft stories and classic comic book fun, i don't think Del Toro is the only one that can make Hellboy, in fact i think that he missed some of the parts of the comic, i'm not sure, i also didn't find any other director that may know how to make Hellboy either

There's a few novels out as well. My favorite was The Bones of Giants in which Hellboy has to prevent the ragnarok. Pretty cool if you like Norse mythology.

Anyway, the first film was Lovecraftian and the second more in line with folklore and legends. What would be a good idea for the final movie? I'd like to see Baba Yaga attending the birth of Hellboy and Liz's kid. She's a witch so the half-demon might be significant to her and others practicing her craft.

Del Toro lets this stay unfinished? WTF? Then why bother with that finale in Hellboy II?

Because he thought that he would still get a chance to do a third, now Mignola doesn't want it to happen because the ending is too close to the ending he wants to use for the comic. It sucks if del Toro doesn't get finish his story, but if it ends with part II it's not so horrible.

^The thing is though its not up to Mignola whether it gets made or not, its up to Universal who own the movie rights, so if they want one made, or it GDT wants to do it, its getting made, problem is the latter if you ask me.

I just can't force myself to digest the fact that there will probably never be a Hellboy III. It's too large a pill to swallow after loving both the first and second.

What should have been a wonderful trilogy albeit with a fitting yet difficult ending will forever remain unfinished. :csad:

I just can't force myself to digest the fact that there will probably never be a Hellboy III. It's too large a pill to swallow after loving both the first and second.

What should have been a wonderful trilogy albeit with a fitting yet difficult ending will forever remain unfinished. :csad:

That does suck. But Del Toro is to blame. Instead of letting someone else direct it. Hes ****ting on it

MY RAGE MY ANGER MY FURY MY PAIN AND ALL OF MY SORROW at this news. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"