The Official Hellboy 3 thread

Discussion in 'Misc. Comics Films' started by AVEITWITHJAMON, Jun 1, 2010.

1. henzINNIT

henzINNIT Well-Known Member

I don't see how people think ending at 2 leaves things unfinished.

Is it Hellboy's murky future? It's a mystery that I'm fine with leaving unresolved.

2. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Cloud kicks ass

I know what you mean, my faint hopes that we are getting a HBIII a fading fast, and it is difficult to swallow, the 2nd movie left things so open-ended.

Yeah, I wouldnt actually mind someone else directing it, I know Mignola doesnt want it but he has no say if the studio wants it. Someone who has directed a GDT feature could surely do a job with GDT in an active producer role.

:huh: Do you not remember what Death said to Liz, Hellboy will destroy the world, and Liz will suffer more than anyone, add into that two demon/hyrbid kids and there is a lot left unresolved.

3. jrd550

jrd550 He who is him

It would be great for the trilogy to be finished, and have the final chapter be a perfect fit of Mignola's vision (HB1) with Del Toro's style (HB2)

4. AVEITWITHJAMON

^Yeah, a mixture of the first two movies would be perfect, I love them both individually, but combining them into the ultimate Hellboy movie would be close to perfection.

5. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Cool Rider

Why do I feel that this movie is never going happen no matter how many cryptic hints we get?

6. AVEITWITHJAMON

^Probably because it never will happen, my hope that it will is practically gone. Del Toro seems to not mention it anymore since he started on Pacific Rim and he used to mention it quite often when doing The Hobbit.

7. DoomsdayApex

DoomsdayApex Well-Known Member

I'm so disappointed by the fact that Del Toro is not going to finish the trilogy. The biggest part of this franchise was left... untold. I don't know how a fan of the series and a storyteller like Del Toro could feel satisfied with leaving a cliffhanger to a possibly powerful and emotional conclusion. It would be like Nolan leaving the Bat franchise, and never discussing it again. I know I stated that TDK was a stand-alone film but I needed closure. The same could be said here, I need to see an ending to Hellboy's shaky future on the big-screen.

There's still hope though. Tarantino is coming back to do another sequel to Kill Bill (10 years later). I suppose it's realistic to see him return to Hellboy after Pacific Rim.

8. AVEITWITHJAMON

^Its just that he has so many other projects lined up as well, he has a 10 picture deal with Universal I believe, his Frankenstein is one of those movies I believe. So i just cant see HB 3 happening.

Hope i'm wrong of course, as we need to see the end of this story.

9. JackMercy

JackMercy Well-Known Member

Basically, it will depend on where GDT's stock lies preceding/following Pacific Rim. He was all locked up with The Hobbit, and look what happened? Anything can change (and in a positive way), but GDT needs a hit in general since Hellboy II wasn't an overwhelming success.

To get someone to support a third Hellboy with a budget larger than Twohy and Diesel have for the third Riddick, GDT definitely needs a hit.

:word:

10. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Cool Rider

Its bizarre how most directors can't hang around a superhero franchise for more than one or two movies.

Only Raimi (never mind the power of hindsight) and Nolan have managed a trilogy... I thought for sure Del Toro would have been joining that group.

I personally enjoyed the Hellboy Animated movies... but a return to them is hopeless, so I doubt we gould see the 3rd movie in animated form. :csad:

11. redhawk23

redhawk23 Wrestlin'

Personally I just want to see ANY movie from del Toro at this point.

12. AVEITWITHJAMON

Thats true, things can change all the time, but once he left The Hobbit, I thought that was the time to do HBIII if ever there was one, and he didnt, so I just cant see him doing it at all at this point.

13. henzINNIT

henzINNIT Well-Known Member

Like I said; his murky future is something I don't need to see. It's like the prophecy in Angel, our hero fights for good in spite of the future that hangs over them.

The pregnancy was cute, made a great ending. Again, I don't view it as a cliffhanger. Potential for further exploration? Sure, but not a loose end.

14. AVEITWITHJAMON

^Watch the scene with the Angel Of Death again, she/he says **** is gonna go down and Liz will suffer more than anyone, if thats not a set-up for the threequel I dont know what is.

15. Lord

Lord All Mighty

16. AVEITWITHJAMON

Excellent, excellent news, as a Hellboy fan i'm very happy he is going to make a committment to do it, I just hope he changes his mind in regards to the comic character Roger and puts him in it.

Cant wait to hear more news.

17. PWN3R

PWN3R Instagram:@Mannie_Bothans

If this does happen, I will explode.

18. Doc Ock

Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

Please please PLEASE let it happen! I want one more Del Toro Hellboy more than any other Comic Book movie out there!

19. AVEITWITHJAMON

^I would have to agree with that, with TDKR imminent, this would be the CB movie I would be most looking forward to after that. I LOVE the Hellboy movies and comics, so to see a complete trilogy would be a dream.

20. bubbadoom

bubbadoom Well-Known Member

Let's hope PACIFIC RIM does great - that should give GdT the clout to do HB3 - they best hurry, Ron is not getting any younger!

21. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

I don't expect this movie to happen anytime soon... well at least before 2016.

22. The Guard

The Guard Well-Known Member

I'm thrilled they're still considering this, though Del Toro does take his sweet time with big projects. So what storylines would be good for HELLBOY III?

23. AVEITWITHJAMON

^This will apparently be the story of Hellboy fulfilling his destiny and destroying the world, remember the angel of death told Liz this would happen and she would suffer more than anyone.

24. The Guard

The Guard Well-Known Member

Any smaller storylines that go along with that?

25. AVEITWITHJAMON

^Not sure, the twins will obviously have big roles as well, beyond that nothing else has been mentioned, I believe Rasputin may be back also.