The Official Hellboy 3 thread

Get money off the fans and get money from product placement.
All they have to do is raise half the money and the studio will pick up the slack for the rest.

I dont get why it takes so long for them to get started on hellboy 3......i liked the first two movies.

I cant remember hearing a lot of bad stuff about them either, they sold well and had good reviews.
So what is the problem?

I think it deserves at least a triology but wouldnt say no to hellboy 4,5,6.

The first two Hellboys may actually be my favorite comic book films of all time, getting one more will make it the best superhero trilogy in my eyes! Please GDT! PLEASE!!!!!

I'm not really a fan of the first film, i actually found it too chesy in parts and i don't think it captured the comics lovecraft mood, i enjoyed II though, i liked the fairy tale look. GDT simply enters into many projects and ends up forgeting about the ones he was previously atached to, he should go back to the series and finish his trilogy, i think this is a big disrespect for fans of the series

Hellboy 1 is just a stupid action film with the character in it. No idea what Del Toro smoked when he made that movie

Hellboy 2 is a great transition to screen of Mignola universe and visual style.

Would love to see a third one.

Last edited:
I'll be severely heartbroken if this doesn't happen. :csad:
Aside from Batman, Hellboy is pretty much my guy.

Hellboy 1 is just a stupid action film with the character in it. No idea what Del Toro smoked when he made that movie

Hellboy 2 is a great transition to screen of Mignola universe and visual style.

Would love to see a third one.

Hellboy 1 probably represents more studio interference. Hellboy 2 seems like GDT was given more freedom

God I hope so much that HB3 happens, the first 2 are both in my top 10 CB movies of all time and will be for some time, the 2nd movie improved on the awesome 1st movie and if a 3rd continues that trend it would be one of the best CBM trilogies ever.

I might be in the minority but I prefer the first Hellboy movie to the second one.

I go back and forth over if I like I or II more, they are both such fantastic re-watchable films in my eyes.

Both movies are really good, can't separate them.
If the want to do a third movie they better get a move on as Pearlman is hardly a spring chicken.

One issue I have with doing a third one is how they ended the second one. Liz is gonna have twins. Adding babies to a movie seems annoying to me. I can't imagine that not being ridiculous.

Both movies are really good, can't separate them.
If the want to do a third movie they better get a move on as Pearlman is hardly a spring chicken.

The last one beat Ron up pretty good, and that was five years ago - he has to be pushing 65 - they'd better hurry if they are serious about a third.

Would love to see it happen...

I'm sure Ron can handle it, if Stallone and co can handle what they do in Expendables then Ron can handle another HB IMO.

Deadline:
Legendary “Likely” To Select NBCUniversal This Week For Big New Showbiz Partnership
NIKKI FINKE said:
EXCLUSIVE:
I’ve learned that Legendary Entertainment‘s Thomas Tull could announce his selection of a new film/television financial, distribution, marketing, and production partnership as early as this week after kicking tires all over Hollywood. And insiders tell me that Comcast is his choice barring some last-minute over-the-top offer from a rival media giant. “NBCUniversal has been the likely candidate from the beginning. And it will likely happen momentarily,” one source tells me. The general concensus on both sides, according to insiders, is that “it would be a really good fit” because of Tull’s appetite for a so-called ’360 media’ deal involving films, television, parks, and digital. Says another: ”They’re in the end game. But Sony or another studio may still overpay – and that’s the problem.” I hear Tull, 43, and the Universal team already have a rapport. I reported last month that Tull had met twice with NBCUniversal chief and Comcast #2 Steve Burke over at NBCU. Then I reported that Legendary was adding Lionsgate to the mix of suitors NBCU, Sony, Fox, and Warner Bros. Now Tull would be wise to make the selection before Warner Bros opens his Pacific Rim next weekend because the $190M scifi actioner is tracking poorly - no better than mid-$30M for its 3-day opening. Also Legendary has big plans for Comic-Con this month. Meanwhile, Universal’s selection would cap a very profitable filmmaking year.

If Legendary hooks up with Universal, then I think HB3 could very well happen. GDT would have to make time to do it though

Lets hope Legendary and Universal do hook up, then they can co-finance HB3 so neither are really putting too much risk into it.

I can see HB3 being successful either way, HBII would have been more successful if TDK didnt open the week after.

CBM:
HELLBOY 3 Is “Very Unlikely” Says Guillermo del Toro
“It’s very unlikely it’ll happen because you need things to converge so strongly. [Producer] Larry Gordon, Universal, the rights, Ron [Perlman’s] and mine’s availability, [comic creator] Mike [Mingola’s] blessing; we have pieces of that, but we don’t have all of that. You need so many things to confluence and then you need about $150 million.”

When asked if he would do a Hellboy 3 in the form of comics or a graphic novel in a way how Dredd 2 is, del Toro had this to say:

“I talked to Mike about making it a comic and Mike said very clearly, ‘Hellboy the movies is yours, Hellboy the comics is mine; I don’t wanna confuse them.’ He has been very clear about not bringing any mythology we did in the movies into the comics, like Kroenen being a mechanical clockwork zombie Nazi, or The Samaritan, which is not called ‘The Samaritan’ in the comics, or Big Baby, or Abe Sapien being like the character he is in the movies, which is different. In the comics he’s a hard-ass, Abe Sapien is really a tough guy, and in the movie he’s like this sensitive, mind reading fish man. So [Mike] is very careful, no love story between Liz and Hellboy, so on and so forth."

del Toro finally said that he does have a story ready and prepared for Hellboy 3 and that it would be a completely different direction than the first 2 installments:

“The way Hellboy 1 and Hellboy 2 are very different from each other, Hellboy 3 is different enough from the other two that it wouldn’t feel like the same universe in scale. He does become the beast of the apocalypse. But seeing the apocalypse is getting more and more—the bar is raised higher and higher every year; mass destruction is becoming the sport of the summer.”

It is important to note that Mike Mingola has said he would love to do a Hellboy 3, Ron Perlman has said he wants to do a Hellboy 3 and currently the film rights to Hellboy are with Universal but Legendary Studio's President has said he is interested in a third Hellboy and one of the places Legendary Studios is looking to move into is Universal. It's possible but it's all really a matter of how great Pacific Rim is. At the end of the day, I still do have hope that this movie will be made and I do think it will because everybody wants to do it, it's all really a matter of getting everybody in the same room and agreeing to make it. What are your thoughts on this? I need a drink. Where you at cipher?
Latino Review
Interview: Talking ‘Pacific Rim’ With Legendary Entertainment’s Thomas Tull
Kellvin Chavez said:
Speaking of Hellboy, last night Guillermo Del Toro told a journalist that he was going to talk to you about possibly doing Hellboy 3 with Legendary. Has that conversation taken place?
Thomas Tull: Well, seeing how we don’t own the rights to Hellboy, there may be lawyers that would get upset about that, but in Guillermo’s world, maybe he can make that go away. I don’t know.

Have you had conversations?
Thomas Tull: Look, we’re making his next movie, “Crimson Peak,” which we start in January, and if it became available, it’s certainly something we would consider.

Deadline:
TOLDJA! Legendary Moves To NBCU With Multiyear Film And TV Deal

It’s Official: Legendary Partners With NBCU In 5-Year Deal Starting In 2014

^Well, the hope is still there, i'd say its more possible now than it was a year ago, but again, we will have to see. Would love it if it happens of course. The only problem may be PR's underperformance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"