The Official Hellboy 3 thread

Was there any doubt? lol Man, I really hope this goes through. I LOVE the HB films, I'm so looking foreword to seeing a 3rd

Oh man, I am trying not to get my hopes up for this.

But I would seriously lose my **** if they got to make this. The first 2 are still 2 of the best CBMs around for me.

I love the world they created and would love to see more

I would love love love love Hellboy III, but I really am not getting my hopes up at all. Not even a little bit.

I would love love love love Hellboy III, but I really am not getting my hopes up at all. Not even a little bit.
Same here. Just too much back and forth and lack of follow-thru from del Toro and the studio to think it'll happen anytime soon.

Yeah we are all wise to keep our hopes in check, but you never know, would love it if it happened of course.

Same here. Just too much back and forth and lack of follow-thru from del Toro and the studio to think it'll happen anytime soon.

Agreed. I'm not getting my hopes up for the same reasons. It also might be too much for Ron to handle all that make up at his age. Plus it's been nearly a decade since the 2nd movie.

Agreed. I'm not getting my hopes up for the same reasons. It also might be too much for Ron to handle all that make up at his age. Plus it's been nearly a decade since the 2nd movie.

I don't think Perlman would be the problem, he had the full costume on not lng ago to visit a kid in hospital. Funding to get the movie made is the much bigger issue IMO.

Sad news on the main page, 3rd movie not happening, consider me very sad :csad:.

Yeah man it sucks.

Really shocked a studio won't take a chance on it, they don't cost that much and always make a profit. If they hadn't made the idiotic decision to put the 2nd one opening the week before TDK it would have been even more successful.

Really shocked a studio won't take a chance on it, they don't cost that much and always make a profit. If they hadn't made the idiotic decision to put the 2nd one opening the week before TDK it would have been even more successful.

Did the second make money? Looking at Box Office Mojo it didn't even make 2 times it's budget in theaters, so that seems like a loss given the marketing costs plus that the studio doesn't get all that box office money.

I can't really see a studio wanting to put a bet on that, and especially not when the director was talking about almost tripling the budget to do what he wanted to do.

It's a shame though. I really liked the second movie and would have loved to see more.

I haven't watched these films in forever. I must sit down at the weekend and give them a spin. I remember LOVING the second one.

Sad news about No.3. :csad:

The second film did not turn a profit in theaters...and the third film would need a bigger budget to tell its story. That's not a recipe for success. This isn't a surprise.

Mjölnir;34840883 said:
Did the second make money? Looking at Box Office Mojo it didn't even make 2 times it's budget in theaters, so that seems like a loss given the marketing costs plus that the studio doesn't get all that box office money.

I can't really see a studio wanting to put a bet on that, and especially not when the director was talking about almost tripling the budget to do what he wanted to do.

It's a shame though. I really liked the second movie and would have loved to see more.

It made money once it came to DVD/Blu Ray sales, similar to the first movie.

:csad: I'm sad Hellboy 3 isn't happening! Maybe GDT should work on an animated film or comic to conclude everything.

It made money once it came to DVD/Blu Ray sales, similar to the first movie.

That hardly seems relevant in the context. A big budget movie definitely must be able to make a profit in theaters, and especially since HB2 hardly became a home sale phenomenon that certainly isn't enough to bet on it. I would have bet my house on it not happening, despite how much I'd like it to happen, and I'm not a betting man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"