The Official Henry Cavill Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow....if Cavill were cast as Superman...It could very well be the best superhero casting ever...The guy is talented and looks perfect for the role

Hey I found this interview where Cavill talks about roles his rumoured of been linked with the past.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLmPZH8G10[/YT]
He came close to Superman and Bond.
He never auditioned for Batman or Twilight but he was talked about.

Ooh, I like his voice. :woot:

Out of all the actors suggested, I'd love Cavill to get the gig. Him or Manganiello.

Last edited:
Joe Manganiello is by far the best choice IMO.

EDIT:Nevermind,he's tied with Cenry Havill.

Last edited:
I HATE that people say he's too short and unimposing!
-He's 6'1,which is considered tall. I'm 6'1 and I tower over almost ALL of my friends.
-Those set pics of him prove that he is NOT small.

Quick one.

cavillmanipcopy.jpg

Last edited:
I noticed while watching most of Cavill's interviews that he's a very serious guy. Takes questions & outlooks on acting quite seriously. You can tell he'd be a very mature person. he really has that Superman quality to him even with the British accent. I think he'd be a real shock to people as Superman.

Steve

I noticed while watching most of Cavill's interviews that he's a very serious guy. Takes questions & outlooks on acting quite seriously. You can tell he'd be a very mature person. he really has that Superman quality to him even with the British accent. I think he'd be a real shock to people as Superman.

Steve

agreed. i think he'd bring a more sophisticated, multi-dimensional quality to superman. routh's was kind of a dumb meathead, while reeves was kind of a nerdy boyscout type. cavill has the potential to be a more mature, emotionally-layered version of superman with sex appeal for older ladies and younger ladies (he was up for twilight).

BTW Antonello, that woman in the video you posted was really dumb...Poor Cavill, that must have been painful :o
Lol, I was distracted by that as well. It was almost like it was taking all of her willpower to resist jumping him right then and there. Not that I can blame her of course, but have some self-respect, lady!

And I agree with what you guys are saying about his presence, too. One of the biggest problems I had with Routh was that he had all the presence of a recent college grad. I just didn't buy him as the guy with all this weight and responsibility on his shoulders. Which made his angst seem more "The OC" than Superman to me. In contrast, Cavill has such a mature, regal presence, especially for someone his age, that I could totally buy him as some sort of "godly" figure carrying the weight of the world on adaily basis.

Last edited:
I'm very open to a variety of choices for Superman but after watching some of the videoes posted here I wouldn't mind seeing Cavill in the role. He does have a strong presence especially with his voice that I wasn't aware of. While I thought Routh did a pretty good job I do think that they need to completely restart and from what I've seen of Cavill here I do think he could take the role in a new direction that is needed.

And I agree with what you guys are saying about his presence, too. One of the biggest problems I had with Routh was that he had all the presence of a recent college grad. I just didn't buy him as the guy with all this weight and responsibility on his shoulders. Which made his angst seem more "The OC" than Superman to me. In contrast, Cavill has such a mature, regal presence, especially for someone his age, that I could totally buy him as some sort of "godly" figure carrying the weight of the world on adaily basis.

Routh has always seemed like a really nice guy, but his lack of presence is the biggest problem I still have with him. Most of the time it felt like if his Superman just stood in the back of a room, you might forget he was there... but someone like Jon Hamm, he'd command the room. Cavill seems the same to me, from his voice to the intense look in his eyes.

Cavill's mature atmosphere is the first thing I noticed about interviews with him. He seems like a really smart and all-around mature guy, and I think a certain kind of distinct maturity is just what the new Superman needs. A real presence that you notice straight away, convinces you that he is the real deal, not just some actor reading lines. That presence Cavill has could really translate well to the big screen, he could make the role his own for a new generation. I really don't want to get my hopes up too high, but come on WB, this is your guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"