The Official Hype Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/b]You are asking for an injury with that one. I dont care if Will Smith did it in " I am Legend."

Will Smith can only do that because...well, he's Will Smith. Kinda like he can be in the awful Wild Wild West movie and everybody in America can forgive him for it. I know I can, I just blocked my time at the theater outta my mind. Outta. My. Mind.:dry:

I know Hibbett. I bought many of my dumbbells there. Did you read my post? Go back, read and comprehend it, please.

Its just risky...standby I will try to find an article.

Here is one...but there are plenty out there. Read all of #2 on this list.
http://www.criticalbench.com/exercise_injury_free.htm

I don't wanna read something 3 or 4 times before it sinks into my damn head (which does happen at times)

Wow, I'm still a failure at gym stuff. Oh well.

Why can't you do true HIIT on a Mitsubishi Eclipses?

In high school I always needed a weight belt. My back feel like it's popping out of being locked in and shift to right side when I go up on squats. Maybe I just need to visit a site and refresh my memory of locking in my back?

Fine, fine, I move pull ups back to back/Leg day. I just though because pull ups also work your shoulders, it be better to add to to my shoulder day?

Go to the page listed in my sig about HIIT for the answer to the 1st one.

No, you didnt/still dont need a belt, you needed proper form.

Pullups involve your shoulders but dont really "work" them. Pullups are a...THE back exercise.

Ah, pullups. I haven't attempted them in so long. I really doubt I could do one, since I still weigh around 240, and I can only do 150lbs on the lat pulldown.

Go to the page listed in my sig about HIIT for the answer to the 1st one.

No, you didnt/still dont need a belt, you needed proper form.

Pullups involve your shoulders but dont really "work" them. Pullups are a...THE back exercise.

:awesome: hold up. So basically...you are saying.......that in high school I had to wear one so the school wouldn't get in trouble if I broke my back in half? That I don't really need it. So If I imagine I have a weight belt on, I can do it? Like the little train that could? I think I can, I think I can? It's all in my head :awesome:

Or maybe just bc it is BS!

Pullup machine....give me a break.
I'm a 110-lb girl-stick, cut me a break. :csad:

THE back exercise, eh? Maybe I ought to get on this. I've mostly been focusing on lower back exercises, since that's where my parents are by far the weakest and I figured I needed to build up that area now before I fall apart in my 50s.

THE back exercise, eh? Maybe I ought to get on this. I've mostly been focusing on lower back exercises, since that's where my parents are by far the weakest and I figured I needed to build up that area now before I fall apart in my 50s.

Doesnt matter, guy or girl, large or small...EVERYONE should do pullups. You can ask Spoons though...I might be a little bit biased.

Look at the pullup program/info on the page listed in my sig if you need some tips or whatever. Or you can PM me.

Yes, they are THE back exercise. Im glad you are working the lower back, it is often a weak point and can be injured easily if it isnt strong (I had some lower back problems a few years ago in fact).

Also, if you cant get a single one, I can offer some methods to help you work up to your first one. Let me know.

Last edited:
:awesome: hold up. So basically...you are saying.......that in high school I had to wear one so the school wouldn't get in trouble if I broke my back in half? That I don't really need it. So If I imagine I have a weight belt on, I can do it? Like the little train that could? I think I can, I think I can? It's all in my head :awesome:

I say you dont need it. I also say that nobody needs it to squat 170.

Doesnt matter, guy or girl, large or small...EVERYONE should do pullups. You can ask Spoons though...I might be a little bit biased.

Look at the pullup program/info on the page listed in my sig if you need some tips or whatever. Or you can PM me.

Yes, they are THE back exercise. Im glad you are working the lower back, it is often a weak point and can be injured easily if it isnt strong (I had some lower back problems a few years ago in fact).

Also, if you cant get a single one, I can offer some methods to help you work up to your first one. Let me know.

It's true. I was intimidated by the pullup until about a year or 2 ago. I remember when I could maybe do 2 or 3. Now I can get 4 sets of 6-7 and I'm a 230lb man-bear, not really built for pullups either.

Last edited:
It's true. I was intimidated by he pullup until about a year or 2 ago. I remember when I could maybe do 2 or 3. Now I can get 4 sets of 6-7 and I'm a 230lb man-bear, not really built for pullups either.

Thats why you are the man.
:awesome:

If you were a student and said that to my high school coach he'd say really really fast 'Give me 10 push ups! :o that coach was awesome.

I weighed under 140lbs in 10th grade when i maxed out at 200 in Squats. Is that....:wow:?

:o and then I cheated mulpitle times on push up tests, and I cheated for my partners too. :awesome: didn't get caught...ever. But I did get questioned.

Coach: Last week...it says you did 50. But today you did 29. What is up with that?

Me: I dunno.

Damn. Cheat realistically. If you only had about 30 pushups in you, you should've said you did 40.

Damn. Cheat realistically. If you only had about 30 pushups in you, you should've said you did 40.

One time, I was paired up with some prep/jock guy...and like...He did I dunno how many, but I know I actually did like 50-55. But I think we said we did like 70+.

As for the 'Says u did 50, but you did 29 this week thing' I dunno if he actually said those numbers. But the coach really did question me one time. Might have been that 70+ , but on the next test I did like 35:o? I just remember it was some ridiculous margin.

I haven't tried in a long time, but let's just assume I can't do a single one. :oldrazz:

I think an assisted machine might work for me. I usually go to the gym just once a week, I'm mostly doing it to build up some strength (so I don't fall apart in my 50s, really), but I'm not in DIRE need or anything. I figure I'm still waaay ahead of anyone else in my family, especially my dad who tells me not to lift anything at all in case I hurt myself. :o

It's true. I was intimidated by the pullup until about a year or 2 ago. I remember when I could maybe do 2 or 3. Now I can get 4 sets of 6-7 and I'm a 230lb man-bear, not really built for pullups either.
I'm a 110-lb girl-stick with 10-inch biceps. :oldrazz:

^Easily the most badass "excuse" I've ever heard haha

Ha. Thanks. I will post a link to the newspaper if it includes a picture. They took like 20 pics when I walked the guy out of sheriff's office in cuffs and leg irons.

Secret Warriors #7

Hurm. Very unaware I am.
But I stopped reading after they killed Cap anyway. Bastards.

Gonna get my workout on when I get home and eat some steak tonight. I like the way this program is laid out and it doesn't take long to complete each workout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"