The Official Hype Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pssh, depending on the band you choose.. Some of them can be even more difficult than the pull up itself.

Strength = 1-5 reps
Mass = 6-8(maybe 10)
Endurance = 10-12

Please, you can do some pullups. There's nothing better than seeing people do a pullup who don't think they ever could; women, overweight people, etc. I'm the first dude in the gym to congratulate somebody who knocks out a few pullups when they're just starting to do them :D

2nd pretty much all this.

I'm much stronger now, but I just haven't gotten myself over to the pullup machine to start training them. :funny: I still have trouble initiating a 25-lb bicep curl on the machine, something tells me I wouldn't be able to whip out a pullup magically...:

Pullup machine??? There is no such thing. Pullups are done on bars or rings.

Is there an assisted pullup machine at your gym?
There is, I mentioned I just haven't gotten myself over there yet. :oldrazz:

That's what I meant by pullup machine, which tells you how familiar I am with this whole fitness thing. :funny: It took me SUCH a long time to figure out what the hell that back exercise doohicky was. I think it's called a roman chair, but I'm still not that sure.

I remember reading about using a resistance band to aid in pullups for beginners.

Pssh, depending on the band you choose.. Some of them can be even more difficult than the pull up itself.

I think SYn is referring to the method of using the band to assist yourself to get a pullup (wrap over bar and under legs/feet)

There is, I mentioned I just haven't gotten myself over there yet. :oldrazz:

That's what I meant by pullup machine, which tells you how familiar I am with this whole fitness thing. :funny: It took me SUCH a long time to figure out what the hell that back exercise doohicky was. I think it's called a roman chair, but I'm still not that sure.

Oh, when you said "pullup machine", I thought you meant the unassisted, regular-ass pullup bar. You have nothing to fear when it comes to the assisted machine, you can start out as light as you want. This is prob why Mrvl hates it, because you can make it a little too easy and slow your progress by becoming complacent.

I can do like 5 goods pull ups for sure.

The thing with me, is that I just eat food and sometimes don't eat enough. But I work out and do cardio now. Think I do HITT cardio. I did 13 mins. It's when you go slow(well, not fast) for 2 minutes, fast for 1 minute, then repeat, right? In 13 minutes and like a 1 minute cool down, I did just over 1.5 miles and like 122 calories. On a esclipse machine (the one with the bars for your hand, **** treadmills and running outside)

Incline Press

1 set 12 210
1 set 10 240
3 set 6 250
1 set 5 255

Dumbbell Bench Press

1 set 10 40bs
3 set 8 45lbs.

^ Getting better with my form. Does it matter if I bring them together and cling them or no? I just bring them down right by the chest or below the chest and push up.

Dips 4 set 10

Tricep PullDown

1 set 10 100
3 set 10 120

Tomorrow is squat day. My max is still at 170...but I've lost reps at 160 and up. I should just buy a weight belt. Where can I buy one at? Hibbet Sports?

Also do LatDown Pulls. And I guess seated leg press, as I've moved pullups to bicep/shoulders day.

Depending on what kind of Pull up it is.. I can do a very wide range of reps for the different ones. I remember a few years ago I couldn't even do 1 or any.

I do the narrow, neutral, wide, and reverse wide grips. I'm probably gonna start doing the wide grip where you pull up and the bar is behind your head, as opossed to in front of it.

I use that lame Pull up/Dip Machine with that assisted chair. I always pull that thing down. Rather earn my 5-8 pull ups and 10 dips. People have actually commented on my dips. I feel I can always improve them, but I feel it in my chest and triceps.

The thing with me, is that I just eat food and sometimes don't eat enough. But I work out and do cardio now. Think I do HITT cardio. I did 13 mins. It's when you go slow(well, not fast) for 2 minutes, fast for 1 minute, then repeat, right? In 13 minutes and like a 1 minute cool down, I did just over 1.5 miles and like 122 calories. On a esclipse machine:-)facepalm:) (the one with the bars for your hand, **** treadmills and running outside)

Incline Press

1 set 12 210
1 set 10 240
3 set 6 250
1 set 5 255

Dumbbell Bench Press

1 set 10 40bs
3 set 8 45lbs.

^ Getting better with my form. Does it matter if I bring them together and cling them or no?(Don't cling them too hard, but it's ok to bring them together) I just bring them down right by the chest or below the chest and push up.

Dips 4 set 10

Tricep PullDown

1 set 10 100
3 set 10 120

Tomorrow is squat day. My max is still at 170...but I've lost reps at 160 and up. I should just buy a weight belt. Where can I buy one at? Hibbet Sports?(I'm sure they have them at whatever sports store you're talking about)

Also do LatDown Pulls. And I guess seated leg press, as I've moved pullups to bicep/shoulders day.

Lat. Pull. Down.

My arms were starting to really improve before I had to stop for my surgery.

Oh, when you said "pullup machine", I thought you meant the unassisted, regular-ass pullup bar. You have nothing to fear when it comes to the assisted machine, you can start out as light as you want. This is prob why Mrvl hates it, because you can make it a little too easy and slow your progress by becoming complacent.

Or maybe just bc it is BS!
Pullup machine....give me a break.

The thing with me, is that I just eat food and sometimes don't eat enough. But I work out and do cardio now. Think I do HITT cardio. I did 13 mins. It's when you go slow(well, not fast) for 2 minutes, fast for 1 minute, then repeat, right? In 13 minutes and like a 1 minute cool down, I did just over 1.5 miles and like 122 calories. On a esclipse machine (the one with the bars for your hand, **** treadmills and running outside)

Incline Press

1 set 12 210
1 set 10 240
3 set 6 250
1 set 5 255

Dumbbell Bench Press

1 set 10 40bs
3 set 8 45lbs.

^ Getting better with my form. Does it matter if I bring them together and cling them or no? I just bring them down right by the chest or below the chest and push up.

Dips 4 set 10

Tricep PullDown

1 set 10 100
3 set 10 120

Tomorrow is squat day. My max is still at 170...but I've lost reps at 160 and up. I should just buy a weight belt. Where can I buy one at? Hibbet Sports?

Wow...where to begin with this post???

Its HIIT, not HITT

I dont know what the hell a esclipse machine is...do they make those from leftover Mitsubishi Eclipses???? LOL. That aside, you cant do true HIIT on an elliptical machine.

No, you dont need a weight belt....ever....but especially not to squat 170 bro.

Why would you move Pullups from back day to bicep/shoulder day???
Pullups are THE back exercise, period.

Latdown pulls huh?? ok.

Last edited:
I do the narrow, neutral, wide, and reverse wide grips. I'm probably gonna start doing the wide grip where you pull up and the bar is behind your head, as opossed to in front of it.
You are asking for an injury with that one. I dont care if Will Smith did it in " I am Legend."

Wow, really? Is there no safe way to do it?

Just be ready to hit 'em hard Hamercock!

Pssh, I'm ready.. I tried to do some lighjt curls the day after the surgery.. like.. 30 lbs.. MAn.. I was out of it!! Don't even remember doing them.

I've git a coouple more dya before i cna hut it hard.

Or maybe just bc it is BS!
Pullup machine....give me a break.

Wow...where to begin with this post???

Its HIIT, not HITT
I dont know what th
e hell a esclipse machine is...do they make those from leftover Mitsubishi Eclipses???? LOL. That aside, you cant do true HIIT on an elliptical machine.

No, you dont need a weight belt....ever....but especially not to squat 170 bro.

Why would you move Pullups from back day to bicep/shoulder day???
Pullups are THE back exercise, period.

Wow, I'm still a failure at gym stuff. Oh well.

Why can't you do true HIIT on a Mitsubishi Eclipses?

In high school I always needed a weight belt. My back feel like it's popping out of being locked in and shift to right side when I go up on squats. Maybe I just need to visit a site and refresh my memory of locking in my back?

Fine, fine, I move pull ups back to back/Leg day. I just though because pull ups also work your shoulders, it be better to add to to my shoulder day?

When I run my hair bounces up and down :o and it can be short at the time. I just feel comfortable on that machine.

Okay, I bring them together now. Bringing them together like...helps out the chest more, right?

Lat. Pull. Down. I try and remember that.

Hibbett Sports. You haven't heard of them?

http://www.hibbett.com/

I know Hibbett. I bought many of my dumbbells there. Did you read my post? Go back, read and comprehend it, please.

Wow, really? Is there no safe way to do it?

Its just risky...standby I will try to find an article.

Here is one...but there are plenty out there. Read all of #2 on this list.
http://www.criticalbench.com/exercise_injury_free.htm

Okay, I bring them together now. Bringing them together like...helps out the chest more, right?

Bringing them together doesn't "help" your chest per se. It just completed the range of motion. the noise they make should be minimal. If you're smashing them together and bits of metal fall in your face, you're doing it too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"