Iron Man 3 The Official IM3 Trailer Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, there's a lot about War Machine/Iron Patriot to be explored, or how it fits into the story. I'm just glad the character is getting a bigger treatment this time around.
Another director/writer could've erased the character all together. So is a big joy seeing the new Iron Patriot armor on the screen.
ps Hope to see the regular gray suit too, but that would be asking too much.

It's gonna happen. Nolan's franchise was that influential whether you want to admit or not. It doesn't matter if Donner, Raimi and Singer set the stage, Nolan added to it. Anything that is wrapped in darkness, dread, emotion, etc is referred to The Dark Knight Trilogy. Is it fair? No, but is it any different than when a portion of fans claimed that Nolan and WB were taking a page out of Whedon's and Marvel Studios' playbook simply because there was humor present in the TV spots? It's all trivial.

To me it's not the tone or look of anything in thos trailer that reminds me of TDKR. It's the similarity in story points being hit. The re-emergence of the organization from the first movie, the butt whipping of the title character at the hands of said organization and the emergence of this previously hidde enemy(The Mandarin appears to be a Ra's al-Ghul in this take, though hopefully the rings will have something of the comic and not just be there as a symbol like Ra's had his supernatural aspects excised). It's there and can't really be denied. And I'm not complaining. When I saw the terrorists were the Ten Rings in IM I wanted to see the Mandarin.

Cheers guys. :D I dunno, there is something about the way the Iron Patriot is introduced in the trailer that makes me think it will be more than simply fitting Rhodey with an armor that represents the USA after Cap'#s thawed out heroics in New York.
The little strut after his landing does seem to have a tinge of malice but then again that could have to do with the music and the narration going on at the same time.

I definitely get what you're saying though. WM breaking that table with that fella also indicates that we'll be getting a darker arc for him this go around.

Any body notice that Tony stark has a brand new chest piece I haven't seen that mentioned yet. It's a brand new triangle shape from iron man 2 and the avengers

Last edited:
Hmmm, for some reason the trailer didn't excite me.

I wanted to see more of the Mandarin.

Hmmm, for some reason the trailer didn't excite me.

I wanted to see more of the Mandarin.
Well to be fair, the movie is still 7 months out and this is only the first trailer. The marketing for IM 3 is going to kick into high gear at the beginning of the year, I bet.

I can't believe that I only just realized that we never got this shot in the full trailer (The Shot of Tony from this gif)

i6uNcbQqkSdz1.gif

After watching the trailer I am very excited for the movie although it seems to me there are many shot throughout the trailer that are inconsistent of each other. Some shots looks very polished and video-like whereas other looks cinematically beautiful

I am hearing a trailer is coming with SKYFALL - anyone else hear this?

I am hearing a trailer is coming with SKYFALL - anyone else hear this?

its the same trailer as the one recently released...
we have to w8 for superbowl to get any footage which is around beginning of Feb and then a trailer by beginning of March

Cheers guys. :D I dunno, there is something about the way the Iron Patriot is introduced in the trailer that makes me think it will be more than simply fitting Rhodey with an armor that represents the USA after Cap'#s thawed out heroics in New York.

Uhhh thats not iron patriot lol Iron Patriot is a villan lol but its is pretty cool to see war machine's new paint job

Uhhh thats not iron patriot lol Iron Patriot is a villan lol but its is pretty cool to see war machine's new paint job

Uhhh lol erm lol uhm rofl... Most people will still refer to that WM paint job as IP since that is IP's paint and personally I find this version of IP more acceptable than Bendisvengers Norman Osborne version. Uhhhh lol.

Well techincally in the comics Iron Patriot is just an old obsolite Ironman armor that was confiscated by the government and given a Paint Job and recommissioned by Norman Osborne.
History
Norman Osborn wears a full battlesuit patterned after the heroic images of Captain America and Iron Man. The battlesuit was cobbled together from StarkTech that had been confiscated from Tony Stark's armory at Avengers Tower shortly after H.A.M.M.E.R.'s formation. However, Osborn lacked the technical expertise on how to operate the armor's repulsor generators efficiently (replacing it with the not as powerful Uni-Beam projector star-shaped output), making it less powerful than Stark's Iron Man armors. It was hacked into and shut down for good by Iron Man at the end of the Seige of Asgard due to the armor based off an older design and has been not in use since.

It's a similar to some events that occurred in the Ironman 2. Only in the MCU James Rhodes confiscation the Armor for the government and the government recommissions. Then gives it an Captain America like Paint job. The only difference is that the MCU government puts Rhodes back in it. So Rhodes is what Osborn was trying to be in the comics. The governments Ironman.

Uhhh lol erm lol uhm rofl... Most people will still refer to that WM paint job as IP since that is IP's paint and personally I find this version of IP more acceptable than Bendis Avengers Norman Osborne version. Uhhhh lol.
Uhhh lol erm uhn rofl..... True but it will be a incorrect to refer to him as iron patiot since he is not he is war machine . As for him being a version of Iron Patriot .wouldn't make sense to introduce him as War Machine and then turn around and him as " The Iron Patriot". But the only thing that matters is the movie looks like it is going to be epic. uhhhh lol :spidey:

Well techincally in the comics Iron Patriot is just an old obsolite Ironman armor that was confiscated by the government and given a Paint Job and recommissioned by Norman Osborne.=QUOTE]

Norman Osborn is IP not whoever gets a similar looking paint job. But I understand where your coming from.

Last edited:
Lets wait and see what hes called in the movie, whether it be War Machine or Iron Patriot. If its not referred to by either of those names then debate for all eternity what his call sign is :D

Lets wait and see what hes called in the movie, whether it be War Machine or Iron Patriot. If its not referred to by either of those names then debate for all eternity what his call sign is :D

Hasbro has already previewed action figures and merch for the movie, and IM is most definitely officially called "Iron Patriot."

Iron Man 3 Iron Assemblers Action Figure Assortment: 14 "Connectable" figures (wave 1, Feb 2013) with multiple interchangable pieces to deliver maximum customization. Wave 2 in March and Wave 3 in April. We are betting these are 3 and 3 quarter inch.

Iron Assemblers Battle Vehicle: Tony Stark's stylish ride launches your Iron Assembler figure out of the front, mimicking a scene from the movie. Almost all figures are compatible. Feb 2013 A second vehicle is said to join it in March.

Iron Man 3 10 inch Arc Strike figures: Bring Iron Man to life with true flight simulation. Battle mode and flight mode included, each with unique sounds, movie phrases and light patterns. His head tilts back into flight mode! Iron Man and Iron Patriot scheduled for release in Feb 2013.

Iron Man 3 12 inch Hero Series figures: The Flip and Attack motif takes on a greater scale! Pull these vehicles back to send it off into action and transformation into a 12 inch scale figure with 3 points of articulation and limited deco. Iron Man hits in February and Iron Patriot hits in May.

http://idlehands1.blogspot.com/2012/...into-2013.html

Last edited:
To me it's not the tone or look of anything in thos trailer that reminds me of TDKR. It's the similarity in story points being hit. The re-emergence of the organization from the first movie, the butt whipping of the title character at the hands of said organization and the emergence of this previously hidde enemy(The Mandarin appears to be a Ra's al-Ghul in this take, though hopefully the rings will have something of the comic and not just be there as a symbol like Ra's had his supernatural aspects excised). It's there and can't really be denied. And I'm not complaining. When I saw the terrorists were the Ten Rings in IM I wanted to see the Mandarin.

yes but similar things happened in the comics.

Mallen put Iron man out of commission. Ironman is slowly dieing.
933-1-4.jpg

Extremis_dose.gif

tumblr_m9sc07N8Gv1qjgjn3o1_1280.jpg

Mandarin turns out to be behind it all
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandarin_(comics)#Government_infiltration
Government infiltration
The Mandarin infiltrates the U.S. government via his role as CEO of Prometheus, a corporation specializing in bio-engineered weaponry. He appears to be using Extremis creator and Tony Stark's former love interest Maya Hansen to produce an army of Extremis enhanced soldiers as well as financing and arming terrorists around the globe. The Mandarin also appears to plan unleashing the Extremis virus in aerosol form on the public, expecting the 97.5% fatality ratio to cause a mass catastrophe of deaths.[volume & issue needed] The Mandarin admits to Hansen that even he will die in the outbreak but she and those with the gene to survive will become free from disease and become effectively immortal. Though he has his Extremis disabled, Iron Man defeats the Mandarin while wearing the Silver Centurion armor by tearing five of the rings out of the Mandarin's spine, blasting him with those rings, his unibeam, and repulsors at the same time, and then freezing him as he is engulfed in deadly concentrated Extremis virus. Iron Man then prevents the Extremis-outbreak.[24]
When the Mandarin's apparently frozen body is autopsied, all that is found is a blackened husk... not unlike an Extremis chrysalis.[24]

Last edited:
Hasbro has already previewed action figures and merch for the movie, and IM is most definitely officially called "Iron Patriot."

Fair enough hes the Iron Patriot then (which is what I expected the outcome to be anyway), theres no reason that while in the comic universe Iron Patriot became a bad guy through Norman Osbourne that Iron Patriot in the MCU cant be a good re-branded War Machine since as others have said this WM has a similar back story to the comics IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"