Iron Man The Official Iron Man Rate & Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. Sad thing is, today it's become a nerdy/fanboy trend to find and point out product placement and then ***** about how it ruins a movie...which is still a major :huh: to me.

CAPITALISM IS EVIL!!!!

...no I don't actually believe it, but this is the sentiment behind such claims.

The hell? So he went to Burger King, as would've I. Big whoop. And he doesn't have a no-name Mobile Phone. He's Tony ****ing Stark.

Heh.

I can't believe a Mountai Dew, a freaking MOUNTAIN DEW Transformer is ok in your book, but you complain when Tony Stark eats a lousy Burger King Cheeseburger.

I'm not complaining. Where have I complained?

Awesome stuff. IMO, this is the first great movie of '08. 9/10

Iron Man was a decent film. Nothing incredible or amazing at all. If you've seen the trailers you've essentially seen the film. It didn't go much deeper than any other Marvel film (not including Hulk), and it was basically standard Marvel fare (something happens to guy, guy becomes hero, guy's girl is threatened/kidnapped, final fight).

7/10

Decent?? That is funny,7/10 seems more than decent,and even though you rated that. IMO,you got to be kidding me!!! Calling Iron Man decent?
What makes the movie more than decent is that the script was so fresh and that it's one of those comic book movies that managed to make me like 96% of it basically. Heck,as much I as I liked BB,that movie didn't even accomplish that,and I think a certain something I said is saying something really positive and strong.

You might as well watch EXTREME lameness like the overrated Spiderman 1 and 2 movies IMO. Now those movies are decent at best. I'm not being biased,I am just being honest from my perspective. Robert was that damn good as Iron Man and unbelievable in a positive fashion!

Just saw IM today, Im sur eno one will read this, but if you do and your wondering if you should see it or not the answer is YES! I didnt really care weather or not I saw this movie because Ive never been a big IM fan, but wow was I blown away. I would give this movie a 8.9 out of 10.. Good ass flick!

I saw it this morning and I thought it was awesome, unfortunately I missed the scene with Stan Lee because I had to go to the restroom; but awesome none the less. I loved that little War Machine nod, and I was the only person there who stayed after the credits.

Because children mock logic and reason:

I write this before I took one step into the Hype. Slightly inebriated and without remorse, I bring you the definitive review, in which you have all been waiting.

Do we truly need a popular rock song to bring us into the realm of vulnerability? I think not. Opening with a fruitless classic and jargon that would male a 7th grade poet puke, Iron Man begins in the idea of a ’suspend you education.’ “Back in Black” has no literal meaning with the iconic Tony Stark – other than his betrayal to himself and humanity: which brings the idea of ‘the audience is not smart enough to conclude.’

I get it – he needs to find himself, without anyone helping him, a la a tricycle and a grown adult.

We then find ourselves in the sector of ‘with great powers comes great responsibility.’ Thanks, Marvel – we get it – you can’t write. Seriously, am I to believe the same modus operandi with every ‘comic movie’ you produce? Try writing with a magical pen, from a gnome in the far countries of never-never land, and we might believe you.

He falls in love – he realizes than evil shall not over come – the love interest is in peril – the acting is predictable. Clearly lazy and without style.

Was the movie fun? Yes. Did I have a laugh or two? Absolutely. Were the effects impeccable? Undoubtedly,

The story lacked intrigue and depth. Each scene was cut to a minimum and edited to the bare acting skill. Had the story stayed on course – Tony looking for what was inside, and realizing the good in humanity and the reason for life itself, then maybe the movie would have been great. As for now – the movie is fair, possibly good.

Please do not play on the uneducated and prey on the foolish. You mock yourself and every fan with an I.Q. over 125.

I expected more.

People drank coke and pepsi in 80s movies all the time without anyone complaining.

Of course, but some prefer to complain about any little thing, showing some kind of frustration with their lives. When people feel good about themselves and life in general, they enjoy things more, they don't whine as much.

Please do not play on the uneducated and prey on the foolish. You mock yourself and every fan with an I.Q. over 125.

I seriously doubt you come anywhere near as high as that. But hell, what do I know.

Because children mock logic and reason:

I expected more.

I LOL'd. :hehe:

You IM fans play dirty.

I like that.

Oh noes, I thoroughly enjoyed IM. Therefore, I must be teh dumbs :(

Good film. I enjoyed it, it was a fun ride.

Pros:
Special Effects were as good as I've seen in a film
Robert Downey Jr was pretty damn good (though not nearly as good as some are making out)
Sparkling dialouge (though a lack of quotable lines IMO)
Great character interaction
The fact that it didn't focus on the action, instead wisely opting for a more character driven approach
Energetically directed

Cons:
Did at times feel more like the setup for a franchise than a movie in its own right
Pacing issues. The second half was considerably weaker than the first half
Humour overdone at times
Weak villans
Awful score
Predictable plot

Overall, despite the fact it was unoriginal and slightly overhyped (even found RDJ's preformance slightly underwhelming I'm afraid), it's rather hard not to like this film and it gave me a fun thrill ride for two hours that allowed me to overlook its unoriginality and the fact it was typical superhero fodder as opposed to anything fresh or new. But I have to admit it got around this problem by doing it so well. would probably consider it the second best Marvel film yet (still held by Spiderman 2) and overall, the third best film in the genre

8/10

JStorm,I really don't like the fact you're dissing people just because you didn't like Iron Man as much as them. Please,don't act like what movies you like are the definitive good ones and as if no one would ever question your choice in what you think is a good movie. It's one thing to say you don't like a movie for not being good because of whatever,but it's another thing to say that and top of that to go farther by dissing the people who honestly liked a movie more than you did. It's not cool man IMO.
:o:cmad:

I was disappointed that there was no Nick Fury in the film. Was kinda hoping for a cameo.

I never ever do this...ever...but LOL! Are you kidding?!

I was disappointed that the Ghostface cameo was cut...oh well.

Blew me away!!!

Is it as perfect as it being made out to be... no, not really!! - It won't make me a rabid Iron Man fan boy...

But... It certainly kicked the summer season off in style!!! - more thoughts later as i have just seen it. Need to absorb it a little bit more.

Hello from Ireland (jeez I sound like I'm from the Eurovision Song Contest lol!), Brilliant, bloody brilliant, best Super-hero movie since Superman the movie, thanks Jon F. looking forward to the Avengers.:woot:

I rate it a solid 8.5/10. Very entertaining, good humor, RDJ was great, I liked that there wasn't a huge unnecessary focus on the love interest as in most comic book films, and the effects and action was all really good. This is one of the few superhero films where the first hour(origin) works just as well as the second hour(as the superhero). I thought the Iraqi stuff would be tedious but it was really well done.

Hello from Ireland (jeez I sound like I'm from the Eurovision Song Contest lol!), Brilliant, bloody brilliant, best Super-hero movie since Superman the movie, thanks Jon F. looking forward to the Avengers.:woot:

Greetings from Ireland!
Newcastle West... jesus. You're just up the road from me

I rate it a solid 8.5/10. Very entertaining, good humor, RDJ was great, I liked that there wasn't a huge unnecessary focus on the love interest as in most comic book films, and the effects and action was all really good. This is one of the few superhero films where the first hour(origin) works just as well as the second hour(as the superhero). I thought the Iraqi stuff would be tedious but it was really well done.

"Iraqi stuff"? :huh:

I didn't like the way the movie ended, which left me jaded. I need to see it again before I can form an honest opinion.

Bow to RDJ's pimp hat as he basks in the reviews. :D

a1iu7b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"