Sequels The Official Jason White Thread

Perhaps they should just have it where Lois and Richard are split up... have shared custody... and Jason's at his dad's house for the entire movie and feature neither Jason nor Richard. Just a thought. Although... I do have to admit it that what I've seen of the SON OF SUPERMAN (Which came out b4 SR and, yes, it was actually Superman's biological off-spring) is actually pretty good.

I just want more action... and the villains being BRAINIAC, DARKSEID, and METALLO. (Or just Brainiac and Darkseid. Or hell... even just Brainiac).

RALPH FIENNES FOR BRAINIAC DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

C. Lee said:
Nope...not joking. Too many people were dissappointed by the Jason plot (fanboys and non fans alike). Superman is a fantasy/science fiction genre....so, having the first movie a dream or other dimension or some other similar idea would work.

The way the "dream" was used in Dallas was laugh provoking...because it wasn't a sci-fi show....but it could work here. Think of it...Superman may have left Earth to explore Krypton....but he hasn't really returned yet. He was captured by Brainiac, who is using some kind of mind control device to break him. He makes Supes believe that he has gone back to Earth and everything has gone wrong (demoted in his job, Lois no longer likes him, she's moved on with another man and has a kid, Lex was set free because of his leaving, etc...).....the old sci-fi staple of the "it's all a dream/mind control" trick.

That is a great idea, I only saw SR because I was hoping for a similar ending but involving Mr. Myxzptlk instead. I would go see that sequel.

Jasomius said:
Fans make up a tiny percentage of the movie going audience.

B/c most people who went to see it don't like SUperman? And what did they feel about the movie?

I'm not so childish as to call a director names because he made a film I didn't like :o

It's not because he make a movie I didn't like, it's b/c he has not idea who Superman is and tried to make a movie about it. I'll rephrase, "Singer's interpretation of Superman is silly. I wish he knew that SUperman wasn't an immature, irresponsible, cowardly , "I make all my own problems" kind of character.

I just want to wake up and find that none of this ever happened. If they start incorporating Singer's disgusting version of the suit and that friggin' superpowered kid into the comics I'm going to find Bryan Singer and choke him to death.

Can somebody explain this "Son of Superman" thing to me? What's going on?

Killing Jason would only make Superman turn back the world again.
<<round and around and around....

mego joe said:
B/c most people who went to see it don't like SUperman? And what did they feel about the movie?
Just because a person may go see a Superman movie doesn't mean he/she is a fan.

It's not because he make a movie I didn't like, it's b/c he has not idea who Superman is and tried to make a movie about it. I'll rephrase, "Singer's interpretation of Superman is silly. I wish he knew that SUperman wasn't an immature, irresponsible, cowardly , "I make all my own problems" kind of character.
None of those traits were found in Singer's Superman. They are merely things you see in him that you have convinced yourself to see.

Slipping_Halo said:
I just want to wake up and find that none of this ever happened. If they start incorporating Singer's disgusting version of the suit and that friggin' superpowered kid into the comics I'm going to find Bryan Singer and choke him to death.
Get ready to become a murderer then, cause it's happened.

Jasomius said:
Get ready to become a murderer then, cause it's happened.

Only in a limited run arc in Action written by Donner and Johns. Once that run is over, that should be the end of it.

If, however, DC decides to keep those movie elements, I won't be buying those books anymore.

I think it's amazing that there are people who are reading these blogs who are completely oblivious to just how much of a ****storm this film has stirred up.

Batman Begins has instilled confidence in Nolan while Superman Returns has only served to widen the split between fans. Whether you agree or disagree w/one side or the other - how can anyone not acknowledge that? It's been months since it came out and people still are arguing over it.

super-bats said:
Hey all,

Now that Singer has been confirmed for the sequel.........what route should he take in dealing with Jason?

As you know, the KID was a major point of contention in SR. For many fans, like myself, that was probably the major turn off in the movie. Without the kid being Superman's, I probably would have enjoyed much more.

But, the past is done and cannot be changed. Jason is now part of Superman's universe, and Singer MUST address him in the sequel.

So, how should he do it? How should he explore the fact that Jason is Superman's son, not Richard's, but he doesn't even know his real father?

Would Jason feel more loyal to Richard, much like Superman feels more loyal to Jonathan Kent? After all, they were the men who actually raised their respective "sons."

Or, will Singer surprise us and reveal Jason to NOT be Superman's son? Maybe, things weren't all what they seemed in SR regarding Jason?

Will Singer give Jason new powers than his Dad?

Will Superman take Jason to Batman and have the Dark Knight forge Jason into a half-Kryptonian, half-human bad ass ninja????

So....let the speculation begin!!

Kill him off. He was an unnecesary adition IMO. If he turns into a sidekick the franchise could turn into a Batman and Robin masterpiece. . . :cmad:

Bad Superman said:
Kill him off. He was an unnecesary adition IMO. If he turns into a sidekick the franchise could turn into a Batman and Robin masterpiece. . . :cmad:

I say keep him. He could actually be useful.:cmad:

C. Lee said:
Think of it...Superman may have left Earth to explore Krypton....but he hasn't really returned yet. He was captured by Brainiac, who is using some kind of mind control device to break him. He makes Supes believe that he has gone back to Earth and everything has gone wrong (demoted in his job, Lois no longer likes him, she's moved on with another man and has a kid, Lex was set free because of his leaving, etc...).....the old sci-fi staple of the "it's all a dream/mind control" trick.
Whoa, C. Lee. Forgive me for saying this, but I have exactly the same idea before. Make Superman being kidnapped by someone who could manipulate his mind by envisioning these events in Superman Returns, just to make Superman's morale going down and lose his hopes and ideals. And on tops of all villains that is capable of doing this, it's Braniac that comes first to my mind. So yeah, I'm with you on this one. Make it while Braniac keeps Superman company, he could be unleashing his army or whatever on earth. And after a while (probably on his own or with the help of any useful character) Superman snaps out of his illusion and faces off with Braniac mano-a-mano. Besides of the obvious action-packed battle that could ensue, it is, in my opinion, probably the best way to introduce Braniac to the movie universe. :woot:

I think Doomsday should show up and kill the kid, enraging Superman and creating the most epic battle ever seen in a movie!

I think Jason would walk in on Lois having sex with Superman on top of the daily planet and this would end the relationship.

Either that or just have him killed off by having something fall on him while Superman saves Lois.

Or maybe Superboy will throw a ball at his face while they are palying catch and it crashes his skull in...

damn I am so cruel!

Think about it, unless Superman is attacked he never truly fights - he just saves people, which after a while gets boring. In Superman 2 things got exciting because he was pitted against three other people who shared his powers -it was nice to see Supes fight and have a challenge. Now what would make Superman angry? Killing Lois. What would make him enraged? Killing Jason. Let's see Superman lose it.

dammit now Lose it by Eminem is stuck in my head, lol.

But maybe he should have Supergirl show up and be so dumb founded of her powers and reak havok to smallville and metropolis and Superman gets ticked cause she is ruining everything in his life. Then he loses it or We could just have Bizarro be born!

Slipping_Halo said:
Can somebody explain this "Son of Superman" thing to me? What's going on?

As far as I know its making Clark and Lois into parents, the same way Bruce is now a father.

DavidTyler said:
Only in a limited run arc in Action written by Donner and Johns. Once that run is over, that should be the end of it.

If, however, DC decides to keep those movie elements, I won't be buying those books anymore.

I think it's amazing that there are people who are reading these blogs who are completely oblivious to just how much of a ****storm this film has stirred up.

Batman Begins has instilled confidence in Nolan while Superman Returns has only served to widen the split between fans. Whether you agree or disagree w/one side or the other - how can anyone not acknowledge that? It's been months since it came out and people still are arguing over it.
People are still arguing because comic fans are pedantic, relentless irrational people. They will argue a topic into the ground no matter how irrelevant or a non-issue.

Jasomius said:
People are still arguing because comic fans are pedantic, relentless irrational people. They will argue a topic into the ground no matter how irrelevant or a non-issue.

Poppycock......, this is, after all, SuperheroHYPE, a site created for exactly the purpose of discussing, debating and over-analyzing everything superhero related. Let the games continue!

Oh, and as for Jason. With Singer returning we are, tragically, stuck with the ******ed kid in some way. I see no graceful way to eliminate the twerp without making it too obvious that he's being marginalized. With Singer back, we are simply screwed no matter what.

Thot said:
Oh, and as for Jason. With Singer returning we are, tragically, stuck with the ******ed kid in some way. I see no graceful way to eliminate the twerp without making it too obvious that he's being marginalized. With Singer back, we are simply screwed no matter what.
Can you tell me exactly what was so bad about Jason? From a character point of view.

actually.....from a character point of view......I actually liked Jason.

He wasn't the typical whiny, bratty, annoying male kid that is sooooo typical in hollywood movies ( think Phantom Menace or Mummy Returns ).

In fact, he was good natured, docile, shy, sickly..........but with tremendous power and potential inside.

I think the main problem that some people, like myself, have is HOW Jason was brought about. IOW, the circumstances surrounding his birth and the implications it has about Superman's conduct and behavior.

Superman had the balls ( no pun intended ) to sleep with Lois and get her pregnant. But, he didn't have the balls to stick around and support his woman. He left Lois ( and the world and his mom and his duties ) for 5+ years, without saying a word.

Consequently, Lois was essentially left to raise THEIR kid by herself, as a single mom. Fortunately, she met Richard, who helped her raise Jason and is now regarded by Jason as DAD.

And, there's another problem......Superman, above all else, should know what it feels like to never know your biological parents. And, from being raised by a loving mom and dad ( Kents ), Superman should also have a strong sense of the value of FAMILY, especially a strong FATHER figure. Indeed, that is the central premise of Smallville.

But now, when it comes to his own kid, Superman has been ABSENT in the first 5 years of his kid's life, and those are very formative years. Superman has not been burdened with the responsibility of raising his own son. Superman has not been around to watch his son grow up. All of that has been RICHARD's job ( at least that's what the movie implies ).

So, for me, it's not really with Jason himself that I have an issue. It is the way he was born and how that reflects ( badly, imo ) on Superman.....

Dude Superman was away for 5 years looking for some sign of others like him... Plus I bet if he had known he would of stayed and clark would of told her the truth of who he was.

I like Jason in the Movie but it just doesn't fit - It is supposed to be Lois and Superman who get together have a child ect ect.

imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"