The Official Kevin Durand/Blob Discussion Thread

Yeah, I would prefer to see The Blob quite tall, and massive as well. Which would (hopefully) in effect further illustrate and convey to the audience that if this guy didnt want to be moved, good luck in trying to move him.

granted he's not as big as he used to be (even in this picture) he's lost a ton of weight, i would have cast ethan suplee

What makes you say that? One's unstoppable and one's unmoveable. Seems like a tough fight to me.
i heard that in the comics when they met Juggernaut picked him up and the ground with him

Well that's different (and cheating! :oldrazz: ). I think I remember that though. I guess I was just thinking of it as a head on battle.

granted he's not as big as he used to be (even in this picture) he's lost a ton of weight, i would have cast ethan suplee
he (even at his biggest) still got nothin on, Abraham Benrubi lol

wtf? Durand is a huuge guy. He's tall and has a very large frame.

This is the Juggernaut syndrome. No matter what kind of actor you'll get, even if they're already "fat", it wouldn't make a difference because they'll still have to wear a huge fat suit complete with prosthetics. They went in the right direction by finding someone with height and a big frame. I am really digging this choice and Durand can portray the cocky, bad-ass attitude of Blob.

-TNC

This is like when people kept choosing bald guys for Silver Surfer all over again.

Haha. Exactly mate. I reckon he's big enough for sure.

According to one report it'll be mainly prosthetics. Maybe some CG touch-ups? I think Durand had to do a body scan and apparently he's going to Canada for his scenes :confused:

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/exclusive-wolverine-will-encounter-the-blob.php
http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/exclusive-kevin-durand-to-play-the-blob-in-wolverine.php

test footage has already been shot with an actor in a rubber suit. As our source explains, the suit makes him look like he is 800 lbs., but the producers of the film wanted to make him even bigger, something like 1200 lbs. The key thing to note here is not only that The Blob will appear in the movie, but that it will be an actor in a suit rather than CGI. Of course the fact that this is test footage being shot means it isn’t final, but this confirms that some Blob-ness will be in the movie in some form or another

IDK how I feel about Blob in this film yet. It could be a good thing or turn out bad.

... and I also find it disturbing just how attractive the actor who plays him is.....

like he's not hot (too old for my standards), but he's definitely attractive...

... i find the blob attractive. eurghhhh. hahahhahahah. :oldrazz:

Does everyone they cast have too look young and be pretty in this movie for crying out loud?!

They could at least give the Old and Ugly Actors Union a call for the Blob...

I see how it can make sense to cast young when you've got a franchise in mind... As I've calculated it, Robert Downey Jr. will probably be over 60 by the time Avengers 3 comes out, but this sort of casting isn't always conducive to great movies, just good movies.

Uh, The Blob in the comics is not really "ugly". Definitely not traditionally grotesque, but he just looks really really bloated and fat...But, you know how the tradition usually goes...

-TNC

Uh, The Blob in the comics is not really "ugly". Definitely not traditionally grotesque, but he just looks really really bloated and fat...But, you know how the tradition usually goes...

-TNC

I know, I was just making a general statement as not to create a useless thread about how I dislike how almost every character casted has to be young and good looking.

Basically because veteran actors usually have an edge to them the younger ones lack. I find Gambit could have used someone a little older. Maybe it's just me, in any case, it'll be fun to see the Blob onscreen.

I don't know what some of you guys are looking at but that fella is pretty massive, mate? What's wrong with his size? I'm sure they'll add to that, whether it be costume, prosthetic or CGI. Definitely.

always when someone talks about Blob...I remember this Blob, the X-Men Legends one:
Blob.sized.jpg

would be pretty good imo
Woah!...talk about creepy. If I saw that thing coming up to me I'd definately **** my pants :o

BTW, I like the casting of Durand as the Blob. I always thought it'd be a terrible idea to cast a fat guy because in the comics, despite being extremly obese, the blob moves around like crazy. Its good to have someone who is muscular and athletic and could work around through the prostetics. I hope they go with the X-men Legends look...the blob looks scary as hell there. :up:

manip time lol

I know it sucks, but, thats why it's funny

awesome.
So is he gonna be in a fat suit like Eddie Murphy in The Nutty Professor movies or CGI/ motion capture.

Probably a mix of both. Fat suits are pretty easy to do nowadays and I hope he looks inhumanly fat. I mean the character practically looks like he's melting.

This is like when people kept choosing bald guys for Silver Surfer all over again.
I bet 1 million dollars that Vin Diesel was one of the choices. he is always reminded for this bald guys.

Woah!...talk about creepy. If I saw that thing coming up to me I'd definately **** my pants :o

BTW, I like the casting of Durand as the Blob. I always thought it'd be a terrible idea to cast a fat guy because in the comics, despite being extremly obese, the blob moves around like crazy. Its good to have someone who is muscular and athletic and could work around through the prostetics. I hope they go with the X-men Legends look...the blob looks scary as hell there.
oh me too. that's the best and scariest look so far, imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"