The Official Kevin Durand/Blob Discussion Thread

always when someone talks about Blob...I remember this Blob, the X-Men Legends one:
Blob.sized.jpg

would be pretty good imo

Must admit, the Blob is the one character i'm concerned about. It has the potential to look bad.

I honestly hope that he even looks that menacing. I like that he looks more like a creature or a force in that picture than just some disgustingly obese dude. Like someone not even the Juggernaut could move.

He needs to look that menacing, for sure. Not comical or silly or cartoony. Which is why i'm worried a little.

Like Juggernaut in X3.

I thought Juggernaut looked fine in X3. So did everyone on the boards at the time. They pushed the look as far as possible without making it look cartoony.

I thought Juggernaut looked fine in X3. So did everyone on the boards at the time. They pushed the look as far as possible without making it look cartoony.

the whole leather SM and bondage look didn't work for me

I'm a little worried, too. Hopefully they can pull it off. I thought the Phat CGI character in the X3 deleted scene wasn't that bad. But then again, this is going to be prosthetics, right? Hopefully they have the 'Norbit' and 'Big Mommas House' people working on this :p

Edit: Narrows posted this in another thread. According to Film School Rejects Kevin Durand is indeed BLOB

They say he's filming his scenes in Canada though :confused:

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/exclusive-kevin-durand-to-play-the-blob-in-wolverine.php

I hope they can pull this guy off good, I've seen some movies that have done a good job with these types of guy's.

I honestly hope that he even looks that menacing. I like that he looks more like a creature or a force in that picture than just some disgustingly obese dude. Like someone not even the Juggernaut could move.
Juggy would tear the blob apart

What makes you say that? One's unstoppable and one's unmoveable. Seems like a tough fight to me.

Interesting casting choice.

You watched Wild Hogs, oh my. :(

Cool, he did a good job in 3:10 to Yuma. It's kinda funny seeing a skinny guy getting cast as Blob, but I guess it wouldn't matter what his weight is with the fat suit and CG on.

i like this casting. hes starting to show good range as an actor.

hopefully they have him say "NOTHING CAN STOP THE BLOB!" :woot:

I remember when he met Juggs in Evo; "Unstoppable? Meet the Unmoveable!" Lame, yeah, but he was pretty cool in that show. It's a shame he & Toad will never team up in an X-Film.

That's cool casting. Kevin is 6'6" so I'm guessing he'll look pretty menacing.

One thing i find strange is that The Blob is in Wolverine and not Magneto.He's one of the classic X-Men rogues and one of the original members of the Brotherhood.:o
interesting. He was good in Smokin Aces.
Awesome. I really hope he's The Blob. After seeing him in Smonkin' Aces I think he'd be terrific. If not Blob then I'm sure whoever he's playing will be cool just because he's playing them. :o
I haven't seen Smokin Aces yet. I really need to.:o
always when someone talks about Blob...I remember this Blob, the X-Men Legends one:
Blob.sized.jpg

would be pretty good imo
Looks awesome.:up:
That makes no sense.:huh:

The Blob was going to appear in the first X-Men movie but like so many other things he was cut. Some early designs were done by ILM (!!) which were later put on the dvd. Here are some screencaps....

beastblobilmhr7.jpg

theblobcm9.jpg

I love how flat out freaky he looks in that. I hope they keep that look.

EDIT: I can't help but wonder how different X-men would have been if he played Sabretooth's role like he was supposed to. A LOT of those scenes definitely would not have worked out so well. :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"