The Official Lanterns News & Discussion Thread

Hal being older than John is a given, I'm just not sure how I'm feeling about Guy Gardner being soooo much older, but maybe it will work out. I dig Nathan Fillion, he just seemed like a great choice for an older Hal.

That said, super hyped for this. Green Lantern & Superman have been my revolving top two favorite characters for awhile now.

I really want to see the other Corps someday. I just don't know if DC would attempt to do them in live action.
My love for Green Lantern is based on the Corps and seeing multiple Lanterns over time. I mean I like any one Lantern plenty, but it hits home much harder when there is deeper mythology and history and complexity behind all the Lanterns. If this DCU and the show both succeed, hopefully there is a massive potential here.

My love for Green Lantern is based on the Corps and seeing multiple Lanterns over time. I mean I like any one Lantern plenty, but it hits home much harder when there is deeper mythology and history and complexity behind all the Lanterns. If this DCU and the show both succeed, hopefully there is a massive potential here.
I (very recently) just revisited the Geoff Johns run. From Rebirth-New 52. He really did something special throughout his entire GL run. I know some say the quality dipped after Blackest Night, but I was still having a blast reading past that. Then the other series like Red Lanterns, New Guardians, GL Corp, the solo Sinestro series... I've pretty much enjoyed everything around that era. I just hope DC isn't shy about using Johns material. He was involved with the show at one time, but it seems he may not be involved at all at this point.

I (very recently) just revisited the Geoff Johns run. From Rebirth-New 52. He really did something special throughout his entire GL run. I know some say the quality dipped after Blackest Night, but I was still having a blast reading past that. Then the other series like Red Lanterns, New Guardians, GL Corp, the solo Sinestro series... I've pretty much enjoyed everything around that era. I just hope DC isn't shy about using Johns material. He was involved with the show at one time, but it seems he may not be involved at all at this point.
I love all the extended world-building. Even if he's not involved there's no reason to not use his material if it fits what they're going for.

Anyone see James Gunn's comments on whether Guy Gardner's suit will be CGI or not? He said he doesn't remember ever using CGI for suit. I am all for a practical suit, but having some CGI asthetics for a glow to the suit would be nice. Maybe that can even done practical and work at this point, idk.

And now we wait.

I've been on this forum since before the Green Lantern film released in 2011. It's been a long, long wait for some new live action GL! But I'm still excited as I was before the film came out. Hopefully this series delivers. And hopefully, we eventually get to the other Lanterns down the road.

Last edited:
Instead of this being an HBO Max show, they should have had Lanterns in Chapter 1 of the DCU for Gods & Monsters but you can't have everything. So since this will be an HBO Max series, I just hope this will tie into the DCU just like every movie Gunn has slated will be

But they also need to have more DC shows on HBO Max as well similar to how Marvel had a lot of shows on Disney Plus and those shows they tied them into the MCU

But back to the Lanterns, I just want them to have an older John and a younger Hal. But if they go older Hal and younger John then I'm okay with that too. Or if they make John and Hal similar in age like in the cartoons, then that's even better too.

That is what's happening. DCU shows will be on Max.
Yes and for further clarification @Tg11 , this is NOT the same Green Lantern show that was in development the last couple years. That one was scrapped completely when Gunn took over. This is an all new project being developed for the DCU, with a different premise and starring different Lanterns as leads.

Yes and for further clarification @Tg11 , this is NOT the same Green Lantern show that was in development the last couple years. That one was scrapped completely when Gunn took over. This is an all new project being developed for the DCU, with a different premise and starring different Lanterns as leads.
Jessica and Kyle!

giphy.gif

Then I'm okay with that but in the DCU the main Lanterns in all likelihood will be Hal and John
No, I think they scrapped them and were originally going to be featured in the show.

Then I'm okay with that but in the DCU the main Lanterns in all likelihood will be Hal and John
Hal and John are the main Lanterns in this show. Guy will reportedly show up for a few episodes as well.

Been waiting for new live GL content since the movie in 2011. Y'all don't even know how excited I was for that film back in the day... Really hoping this delivers. I didn't hate the fim, but it was just so bland and uninspired and not what I would ever hope a GL film would be. Especially when Reynolds was saying it's "the Star Wars of comic book movies" back in the day.

I really hope we get Kyle. But he may be way, way down the road, if they ever get to him.

I proposed Lindelof as a prime candidate for this a little over a year ago:
What creative talent should Gunn and Safran go after?

With how James Gunn described that series as being very much in the vein of “True Detective”, which very much deals with philosophical/existential/spiritual musings in the midst of solving a seemingly unsolvable mystery that tests the two main characters’ wills and limits, and knowing Lindelöf’s past works, he would be absolutely perfect for that.

If he gets this, my interest in this project just shot way up even further.

Chris Mundy (Ozark) is also rumored to be apart of it. That'd be a pretty potent core creative team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"