The Official Marvel Team Up Thread

Anubis

Sup?
Reaction score
This is one of the best books Marvel has out right now, and in order to spread the word a bit more, I felt it was time to start an official thread.

So, issue 6 came out last week and we finally get a conclusion to the first arc. And boy was it a good ish. Spidey and X-23 pulled out a upside down Fast Ball Special. Never woulda thought of that. great stuff. Also,
I wonder if Sunfire is dead? We see whats left of him after Titanus beat the living s*&t out of him, and he aint looking too pretty. More importantly, it doesn't look like a alternate universe, but a possible future that the Doom/Stark dude is from. He made reference of the Titanus war. Who knows what he meant by that.

I love the way all this isn't just random encounters. That this all contributes to one story with lots of interconnecting plot points. This is one of the top 5 books marvel is putting out right now. And everybody should be reading this.

Oh and Next ish...Moon Knight!!! Now how cool is that? :)

I'm anxious to see what other team-ups Kirkman has planned.

I'm hoping to see more characters that are not currently appearing in a regular title.

This is a great comic. I admit that I didn't like the art at first but I read issue #6 and liked it a lot so I bought it. I'm not sure if I'm going to pick up issues 1-5 though. Because I have misgivings about every other title Spider-Man appears in, I forgot just how much I missed the ol' webhead. And since it appears he'll be showing up rather frequently in this book I think I'll become a regular reader. I wonder if
this Titanus War thing will become a future epic Marvel crossover arc?
Anyway, I really like how well they introduce the different characters each issue and how they seamlessly mesh with the storyline. This could be a very disjointed and confusing book, but it's not. The writer does a good job in this sense. :up:

The book needs more people to buy it. It currently has low numbers . :(

For years, we've been complaining that Marvel needs to put out a book like this, and now that they do, nobody buys it. :mad:

Spread the word..... BUY MTU NOW!!!!, True Believers..... :)

Themanofbat said:
The book needs more people to buy it. It currently has low numbers . :(

For years, we've been complaining that Marvel needs to put out a book like this, and now that they do, nobody buys it. :mad:

Spread the word..... BUY MTU NOW!!!!, True Believers..... :)

I buy it and everyone else should also. Nuff Said

It sounds cool. Anyone know when the first arc will be out in tpb? I plan to get onboard next issue with Moon Knight.

Spider-Jay420 said:
It sounds cool. Anyone know when the first arc will be out in tpb? I plan to get onboard next issue with Moon Knight.

You can still pick up the first arc issues.

They're releasing them in arcs? That sucks, part of the appeal of the original MTU was that each issue had a complete story, but I guess I'm asking too much as many of Marvel recent "events" have so many plot holes they aren't complete stories anyway. I'm going to pick up what I can of the Moon Knight issues, hopefully I'll get them all.

SuperFerret said:
They're releasing them in arcs? That sucks, part of the appeal of the original MTU was that each issue had a complete story, but I guess I'm asking too much as many of Marvel recent "events" have so many plot holes they aren't complete stories anyway. I'm going to pick up what I can of the Moon Knight issues, hopefully I'll get them all.

Get the first arc as well.

It's some of the best material Marvel is producing.

Plus the characters are all portrayed correctly.

Spidey mentions his relief when Cap shows.
tongue.gif

KingOfDreams said:
Because I have misgivings about every other title Spider-Man appears in, I forgot just how much I missed the ol' webhead.

Spider-Man / Human Torch! :mad:

I've never been good at collecting arcs, mainly because I don't buy all the time, especially now that I'm minus a job. Most of my collection has at least one issue of the story missing, That's why I loved MTU and What if..? One issue, one story, no searching. And the longer the arc, the longer I have to search, it took me five years, FIVE YEARS, to get the last four issues of Maximum Carnage.

I have every issue of Marvel Team-Up ever published.

All three volumes. And all the annuals.

:D:up:

I know it sounds like bragging but I'm just curious to see who else can say that?

Gambit8370 said:

I know it sounds like bragging but I'm just curious to see who else can say that?

I'm just a few early issues shy of that. But if you count the Essential volume, then I'm technically there. :D

DBM said:
I'm just a few early issues shy of that. But if you count the Essential volume, then I'm technically there. :D
Damn TPBs.

The originals are way better. Classic ads included.

I gotta get me one of those sets of 250 army soldiers! :D:up:

Gambit8370 said:
Damn TPBs.

The originals are way better. Classic ads included.

I gotta get me one of those sets of 250 army soldiers! :D:up:

I agree. I prefer originals.

You can buy those soldiers at Wal-Mart. They're not as cheap as they were in the comics but they're still fun (and they melt real good too). My nephews have tons of them.

SuperFerret said:
I've never been good at collecting arcs, mainly because I don't buy all the time, especially now that I'm minus a job. Most of my collection has at least one issue of the story missing, That's why I loved MTU and What if..? One issue, one story, no searching. And the longer the arc, the longer I have to search, it took me five years, FIVE YEARS, to get the last four issues of Maximum Carnage.

The thing about MTU is that, all the issues do contribute to one complete story, but for the most part each issue is self contained. It's not like the decompression we are used to. You get a full story for your money. As well as a ton of other little sub plots that will have you coming back for more. The whole Titanus thing seems to be the main story behind this whole thing, so all individual issues contribute to the main plot, but you should still be able to pick up an individual ish and enjoy without knowing whats really going on. Just start with the Moon Knight ish and go from there. Grab the trade when it comes out, and see how it goes. Really, if there is any book your gonna waste some money on, it should be this. This book NEEDS readers. So come on, dig deep guys.

I got #1 and then since I didn't have enough money stopped.But I'm going to pick up the trade and the moon knight issue.

I have a feeling The Moon Knight ish is gonna be one of the top sellers of next month.

Hopefully that will get a new moon knight series going.

Amen, brother! I'm buying 3 copies myself. Say, I heard someone above mention the Moon Knight *issues* of MTU. I thought he was only in #6?

He's gonna be in number 7. Could be more than that, characters tend to carry over between issues. Sunfire got the crap beat out of him for two out of the first six issues.

This book totally flew under my radar. Maybe I'll do something I've never done before....check out a comic because of an online recommendation. Even though I buy Invincible, Kirkman is just an ok writer IMO...the marvel books I've read from him (couple issues of Cap and MK Knights 2099) weren't good. Still, I'll probably give it a try.

Gambit8370 said:

Well, when I decided to collect ALL Spider-Man related material back in the early 1980's, Marvel Team-Up back issues became a "must have", and I bought everything since off the rack.

Once I get my hands on an Amazing Fantasy #15, I'll have every regular Spidey title ever printed.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"