The Official Mega Man Thread

It'll be nice if they'd make a Mega Man X9 with SNES graphics.

I'd ask nothing else. They did Megaman 9 with NES graphics so why not?
Or even with X4's graphics and gameplay. That'd be great, too.

Mega Man on mobile sounds awful. Touch screen is going to make that a mess

It'll be nice if they'd make a Mega Man X9 with SNES graphics.

It doesn't need to be retro, in fact I'd prefer if it wasn't.

X7 was weak but X8 was not. They could do much more interesting things and maybe even make the character relevant again. I'd take that over another throwback game like Mega Man 9 and 10.

Definitely won't be buying mobile ports, get on an X collection for current gen and maybe Capcom will get some of my cash.

New Mega Man Animated Series to Air on Cartoon Network in 2018 or Later

Apr 3, 00:25 other
New visual for Dentsu, Man of Action, DHX series revealed ― Dentsu Entertainment USA (Monsuno, LBX) revealed on Monday that the new animated television series of theRead more

New visual for Dentsu, Man of Action, DHX series revealed
Dentsu Entertainment USA (Monsuno, LBX) revealed on Monday that the new animated television series of the Mega Man (Rockman) games will premiere on Cartoon Network in 2018 or later. Dentsu Entertainment USA also revealed a new visual for the series, and said that the new series will focus on toys.
megaman.jpg
The series is aimed at kids 6 to 9, "as well as their parents who grew up loving the videogames." The show will introduce "Mega Man's alter-ego, Aki Light, a normal, upbeat, schoolboy robot. When activated, his skin re-forms – in a flurry of computer code and visual pyrotechnics – into a suit of impenetrable nanocore armor, including the iconic Mega Buster arm cannon and helmet." The series will also bring back characters like Rush and introduce more new characters such as Mega Mini.
372547.jpeg
DHX Media has agreed to develop, co-produce, distribute and jointly manage licensing for the new series.
Dentsu Entertainment and DHX describe the story:
The new animated Mega Man series focuses on a normal, upbeat schoolboy robot, who discovers that deep within his programming lies secret protocols that can transform him into the powerful Mega Man. And, as the world's first robotic super-hero, Mega Man must face the threats of Silicon City, while trying to preserve his secret identity and maintain a regular robot boy life.​
Dentsu Entertainment USA and DHX will jointly manage all global rights. DHX will handle distribution and licensing in the United States in collaboration with Dentsu Entertainment USA. Dentsu Inc., parent company of Dentsu Entertainment USA, will manage distribution and licensing in Asia. DHX will manage distribution and licensing in all other territories.
Dentsu Entertainment USA and Man of Action Entertainment (Ben 10, Generator Rex) are developing the 26-episode animated Mega Man series. The staff was originally aiming for a "target air date of 2017" for the series, which marks 30th anniversary of the game franchise. Man of Action will create and write the series, as well as serve as the executive producer.
29335.jpg
The members of Man of Action Entertainment — Joe Casey, Joe Kelly, Duncan Rouleau and Steven T. Seagle — created Cartoon Network's Ben 10 and Generator Rex television series, as well as Marvel's original Big Hero 6 comic series that inspired Disney's animated film of the same name. DHX Media is involved in other brands such as Teletubbies, Yo Gabba Gabba!, Caillou, In the Night Garden, Inspector Gadget, Make It Pop, Slugterra and the live-action Degrassi television franchise.
CAPCOM's original game franchise began in 1987 and has since spawned numerous games and several anime adaptations. Discotek Media released the 1994 Japanese-American animated television series Mega Man (pictured left) in 2014. Viz began streaming the Mega Man Star Force (Ryūsei no Rockman) anime's English dub on its Neon Alley service this week.
Source: Famitsu.com, Dengeki Online

source:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/
logo.name.no-dot.png

1st of all, its not for us. I understand that. We are not the target audience. So all I want to know is...will it be more Nickelodeon's TMNT (actual action & plot with enough comedy) or will this be like every single Cartoon Network show (Teen Titans GO, the NEW Powerpuff Girls, the upcoming Ben 10 reboot)...and is just spastic dumbness?

I mean, kids do deserve good cartoons...

Castlevania Show's Adi Shankar Says He'd 'Love to Do' an R-Rated Mega Man Film

Apr 22, 17:45 people games
Producer Adi Shankar is currently working on the upcoming Castlevania animated series for Netflix, but he's also been recently discussing other video game adaptations he'dRead more

29335.jpg
Producer Adi Shankar is currently working on the upcoming Castlevania animated series for Netflix, but he's also been recently discussing other video game adaptations he'd like to make.

Shankar said in an interview with gaming website WWG on April 10 he would "love to do" an R-rated live-action film based on CAPCOM's Mega Man franchise.
The producer also said he would also like to tackle an animated version of Konami's Contra franchise, with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone voicing the main characters, and playing on "the sci-fi elements found in the international versions of the game." He also expressed an interest in the Metal Gear franchise, but added, “I hope Metal Gear never transitions into a live action project. The suits would lobotomize the character for the sake of mindless consumerism.”
In a separate interview with Polygon in February, Shankar said his next big project after his work on the Castlevania series would be on an animated R-rated reimagining of the first three seasons of Power Rangers. Shankar said he is working on a script and is looking to launch the project in the next 18 months. Shankar produced a 14-minute short film based on Power Rangers with director Joseph Kahn in 2015 as part of his "Bootleg Universe" series, although the video was temporarily pulled from streaming due to a copyright claim from Saban.
Dentsu Entertainment USA and DHX are developing a new 26-episode Mega Man animated television series, which will premiere in Cartoon Network in 2018 or later.
Shankar's Castlevania series premieres on Netflix this year.
Source: WWG (Robert Workman) via IndieWire

source:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/
logo.name.no-dot.png

An R rated Mega Man film sounds goddamn stupid. Why? Nothing about the Mega Man series lends itself to an R rating.

two raticle from the same place on on capcom the other on megaman

Industry
[FONT=&quot]Capcom teases “major title” due out before March 31, 2018[/FONT]

Published 2 hours ago. 78 comments.
Capcom expects to sell two million copies of Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite.

Capcom-Major-Title_04-28-17.jpg

Capcom plans to launch a “major title” before March 31, 2018, Capcom listed in its strategies and plans overview for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2018.

It is unknown whether it is an announced title—such as the long-dormant Deep Down or the Resident Evil 2 Remake—or something completely new.

The company also said it expects to sell two million copies of Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, which launches September 19, and two million more copies of Resident Evil 7: biohazard, which launched on January 24, by March 31, 2018.

Read More

Industry,Capcom,Unannounced Game

also with

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC

[FONT=&quot]Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 rated in Korea[/FONT]
Published 1 hour ago. 12 comments.
More classic Mega Man games coming to current platforms.

MM-Legacy-Collection-2-Rated-Korea.jpg

The Korean Game Rating Board has rated a “Mega Man Legacy Collection 2” for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

According to the description, the collection will include Mega Man 7, Mega Man 8, Mega Man 9, and Mega Man 10.

The first Mega Man Legacy Collection was released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in 2015, followed by 3DS in 2016. It includes Mega Man, Mega Man 2, Mega Man 3, Mega Man 4, Mega Man 5, and Mega Man 6.

Capcom has yet to officially announce a “Mega Man Legacy Collection 2

Read More

PC,PlayStation 4,Xbox One,Capcom,Korean Game Rating Board,Leaks,Mega Man Legacy Collection 2

source: Gematsu

The rated R movie sounds like a laughable idea. I can just picture it being as bad as the Super Mario movie.

As for the next MM Collection(if these rumors pan out), I'm glad they're doing it, as I think MM9&10 need to be preserved. I know they're B/C with the X1, but getting them with an HD treatment will sell me on it. Those are great games. But MM7&8, though? Ehhhh, not so much. I'll wait to pick it up on a sale, whenever it comes out.

would defintely like MMC2 to have 7-10 and possibly an X collection at some point

Dumb. These games should have been included in the original collection. I'd rather they re-release that with everything. I was hoping the leak would be about Mega Man X

I would like for them to release Mega Man Powered Up as well as Mega Man Maverick Hunter X. I've never owned a PSP so I never got to play those. I think those would have sold better back then if they weren't PSP exclusives.

As for the next MM Collection(if these rumors pan out), I'm glad they're doing it, as I think MM9&10 need to be preserved. I know they're B/C with the X1, but getting them with an HD treatment will sell me on it. Those are great games. But MM7&8, though? Ehhhh, not so much. I'll wait to pick it up on a sale, whenever it comes out.
I always wondered why some are not fond of MM7. I loved it.
8 was a ton of fun as well. Never played 9 and 10.

Last edited:
People didn't like the overly long, non-skippable intro. Also, something about the models being bigger than what they are used to.

I would like for them to release Mega Man Powered Up as well as Mega Man Maverick Hunter X. I've never owned a PSP so I never got to play those. I think those would have sold better back then if they weren't PSP exclusives.

Maverick Hunter X should see the light of day again. Mega Man X is one of my all time favorite games, and when I bough MHX on the PSP I had no idea it was a remake. Definitely one of my happier gaming memories.

And it gave us Vile as a playable character. I think I need to start it up again.

f52xMI3.gif

fhl31Yk.gif

I just wish they'd release a mega collection that compiles all the games. Considering how light the MMLC2 is, I hope it throws in some extras like MM Soccer, Mega Man and Bass and the arcade games. Doubt it but those would be cool extras

Good lord when will Capcom dust off X? Who would rather play these four games than the first four X games? Let alone 5-8.

Just wait a year and there will be the Ultimate Mega Man collection including all ten games.

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
[FONT=&quot]Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 PS4 digital pre-orders include free PS4 theme[/FONT]
Published 11 hours ago. 18 comments.
New set of screenshots released.

MML2_07-11-17.jpg

Pre-orders for Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 via the PlayStation Store include a free PlayStation 4 theme that uses both original art created by the Capcom team in Japan for the collection, as well as art by the artists at Udon Entertainment, Capcom announced.

The followup to Mega Man Legacy Collection includes four Mega Man titles—Mega Man 7, Mega Man 8, Mega Man 9, and Mega Man 10—in addition to a new first-timer friendly mode, Remix Challenge mode, and Mega Man artwork museum. Read more here.

Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 will launch worldwide for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on August 8 for $19.99. It will be available both physically and digitally. Digital pre-orders are now available.
View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.
visit gallery »

source:
Gematsu

hqdefault.jpg

Mega Man Movie News - The Rundown - Electric Playground

1,016 views 8 hours ago Published on 07/20/2017

Today in the Rundown, we have the latest details on the live-action Mega Man movie! We also have great news for fans of retro-style games on the Nintendo Switch, have some even better news for players of the new Doom game, have the first details on a new remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, find out how Pokemon Go is getting a lot more legendary, and finally, learn what to expect from this year's San Diego Comic Con!

source: EPN.tv

Last edited:
The live action movie should take its cues from the Speed Racer movie. From both a visual and plot perspective, that is the perfect tone for Mega Man.

Industry
[FONT=&quot]Mega Man 30th Anniversary live stream set for December 4[/FONT]
Published 5 hours ago. 23 comments.
"You won't want to miss it."

Mega-Man-30th-Anniversary-Stream-Init_11-30-17.jpg

Capcom will host a Mega Man 30th anniversary live stream on December 4 at 11:00 a.m. PT / 2:00 p.m. ET / 7:00 p.m. UK, according to a card mailed out to press.
Here’s the card’s message in full, via Siliconera:

Mega-Man-30th-Anniversary-Stream-Init_11-30-17_Card.jpg
Celebrate the Blue Bomber’s big 30th with us. Watch live on December 4th!
You won’t want to miss it!
What: Mega Man 30th Anniversary Livestream
When: December 4, 2017 from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. PST
Where: twitch.tv/capcomunity
#MegaMan30
At Tokyo Game Show 2017 in September, Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 producer Kazuhiro Tsuchiya teased something to come for the series in December.

“I want to say that Capcom has not forgotten about Mega Man,” Tsuchiya said in September. “This [30th anniversary logo] here is being put to good use. Mega Man‘s 30th anniversary is coming in December – December, please remember that date!”

Tsuchiya continued, “On behalf of Ucchy and everyone here, we are looking forward to it very much and hope you are as well. We are deeply pleased to be able to share this with all the fans who have made this possible. Thank you for all of your support, up til now, and in the future.”

source: Gematsu

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"