The Official Metal Gear Solid- Portable OPS thread

Electro UK

Can't all be for nothing
Reaction score
Well with this game just months away (well for you American bastards anyway, the rest of us have to wait a whole gawdamnend year) I thought it was time to set a thread up for this what with a new trailer out. So what we've got is a side game, a sequal to Snake Eater Six years after those events.

You play as Big Boss again, plus a number of other characters that are featured in Snake Eater and some new ones. Snake seems to be some sort of traitor once again from what we can tell from the 1st video and must redeem himself. Ocelot, Zero, Eva, Paramedic and Signt are all back, plus the 1st appearance of Roy Campbell and the 1st ninja.

All in all it should AWESOME. A sequals already in development, this will easily be the best game on the PSP for a long time, if not forever. Its nice to know this means MGS will be carrying on on PSP past GOTP no matter what happens in that.

This game will rock. :up:

metal-gear-solid-portable-ops-20060922050655523.jpg

metal-gear-solid-portable-ops-20060922050653914.jpg

metal-gear-solid-portable-ops-20060922050656508.jpg

metal-gear-solid-portable-ops-20060922050700320.jpg

I think we have three other threads on this rather unimpressive game already :dry:

No, we have 2 threads that are on the exact same topic about only 1 trailer of the game. This thread however covers the whole game.

If you don't like how the game looks, don't come in here and don't worry about 3 bloody threads. Not exactly the end of the world is it? :whatever:

I'm sick of people constantly trolling in threads about games they don't think look any good.

Oh ok. A "MGS Portable Ops trailer released!!" thread = not about the game. Hahahaa :o

CM Punk said:
Oh ok. A "MGS Portable Ops trailer released!!" thread = not about the game. Hahahaa :o

"No, we have 2 threads that are on the exact same topic about only 1 trailer of the game. This thread however covers the whole game."

Jesus, stop trying to act all tough. If you don't want to talk about the game then piss off. Whole game for this thread, only the one trailer for the other 2 threads...

Yes, I'm trying to act tough....on the internet....by pointing out that you created a thread that already existed....multiple times. Yes, that's it. Use the search function and stop spamming boards with threads about the same game. That "new metal gear thread every day" crap died with Liquid Snake's account.

CM Punk said:
Yes, I'm trying to act tough....on the internet....by pointing out that you created a thread that already existed....multiple times. Yes, that's it. Use the search function and stop spamming boards with threads about the same game. That "new metal gear thread every day" crap died with Liquid Snake's account.

Spamming? Oh yes I'm spamming! That's exactl what I'm wanting to do. Oh no wait, I'm wanting to talk about MGS Portable OPS as a whole, not just one trailer of it. I don't think anyone else has a problem with this thread being here, at the end of the day what the hell does it matter to you?

Did you have a go at Mentok for posting a Portable OPS thread on a trailer Zenin had made a thread on a day before? No. But this thread is talking about the whole game, not just that trailer and your having a go at me for making it? Jesus dude, at the end of the day it doesn't really even matter does it?

CM Punk said:

Hey dickweed, EUK's doing a favor for asshats like you that complain about every single goddamned thread ever made. You don't like seeing multiple threads about one game? With this thread, future trailers/gameplay vids/articles/etc. will be posted in the The Official Metal Gear Solid- Portable OPS thread, rather than a thread specifically designated for whatever it is that it's regarding.

hey yo its sean said:
Hey dickweed, EUK's doing a favor for asshats like you that complain about every single goddamned thread ever made. You don't like seeing multiple threads about one game? With this thread, future trailers/gameplay vids/articles/etc. will be posted in the The Official Metal Gear Solid- Portable OPS thread, rather than a thread specifically designated for whatever it is that it's regarding.

THANK YOU! Theres nothing more stressfull than getting one of the idiots that feels he can find something wrong with your thread and then flame it to hell in here. :up:

Yeah, this is probably the sole reason I am not selling my PSP at this point.

XwolverineX said:
Yeah, this is probably the sole reason I am not selling my PSP at this point.

I thought you loved your PSP. :confused:

hey yo its sean said:
lol.gif
Gee, you sure showed me, I never saw it like that. Because, you know, you totally can't just post this info in a thread where MGS: Portable OpS discussion is already taking place...like in one of the several threads that existed before this one. Because, you know, we totally need to return to the days of 5 new MGS threads a week. I'm sure glad you graced me with such logic and wisdom. "Dickweed" really drove the point home too. :o

CM Punk said:
lol.gif
Gee, you sure showed me, I never saw it like that. Because, you know, you totally can't just post this info in a thread where MGS: Portable OpS discussion is already taking place...like in one of the several threads that existed before this one. Because, you know, we totally need to return to the days of 5 new MGS threads a week. I'm sure glad you graced me with such logic and wisdom. "Dickweed" really drove the point home too. :o

You're a master of over statment. :up:

5 MGS threads a week? I see 4 on this page, 2 of which were on the same trailer so in theory, there only being 3 MGS threads. Now the trailer one will probably die soon due to there being not much else to discuss about the trailer, but the MGS4 one will be sticking around, and maybe this one, depending on whether people want to talk about it or not.

So we should have about 2 MGS threads on this page pretty soon. 2 threads for 2 games coming out. The only 2 MGS games coming out. Did you see a new thread for the new MGS4 trailer? No, it was posted in the official thread. Unless they launch plans for a NEW MGS game, I see no reason for there to be another thread made on the subject of MGS unless its about a past game.

Stop acting like the worlds coming to an end over a couple of threads.

I thought "return to the days of" made it fairly clear that I wasn't referring to here and now, but I guess I overestimated the residents of this forum. Whatever though, discuss your game, since everyone's getting their panties in a bunch over someone else's inability to use search.

But anyways back on topic, more pics:

metal-gear-solid-portable-ops-20060922050704991.jpg

metal-gear-solid-portable-ops-20060922050703319.jpg

metal-gear-solid-portable-ops-20060922050708428.jpg

metal-gear-solid-portable-ops-20060823054517288.jpg

Sniping on MGS3 was awesome :up:

I remember shooting one guy through the nuts and the bullet traveling through into the next guys head. Simply brilliant.

I love the song in the TGS06 trailer.

Probably japanese at the moment but you can bet that SONY will pimp it out to other markets too.

BUGGER! Now I totally regret buying my PSP, I want that pack! :cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"