The Official Metal Gear Solid- Portable OPS thread

Yeah, the rating issue stopped this game being released.

Wait, so the problem is the game is stamped 12 instead of a 15? Cause my copies rated 12. Awesome, I'm so happy I pre-ordered now.

It was alright... I was a tad dissapointed I must admit.

Very anti-clamtic ending, it ended just as it was starting to build up.
Part of that was down to no ending fight with Metal Gear, while Cunningham and Gene just felt like a build up to that, especially considering how easy Gene was.
As nice as Wood's art was, I'd have taken in game cut screens any day of the week, especiall considering the amount of times certain pictures were re-used.
Lack of characters, no Eva, Ocelot wasn't in it till the very end, that really pissed me off considering they were all in the trailers (and it doesn't count being secret characters, I wanted them to add to the story damnit). Even Zero was absent.
Null wasn't in the game after beating him the second time. What the hell? He could have added alot, plus they treated the reveal of him being Frank like we all didn't know it anyway.
Didn't fight Ursala... odd move but meh
I wanted Johnathon to live, so I re-did the mission that he dies in without him in my team and he still died. :(
3rd person camera caused some issues.
No voice acting on codec etc held it back and gave it that rushed Ac!d feeling.
Kinda short.
I didn't like the individual missions idea, didn't give you the same idea of scale as the others.

However...

Gameplay was pretty much spot on, it could get hagling at times during action but it was a almost perfect transfer from console to portable, probably the best transfer of any game bar maybe Killzone.
The story was great despite the dissapointing ending. Interesting new characters and villains with some very nice twists and turns. Not on par with MGS1 or 3 though.
I loved how if felt almost like a Strategy game where every unit counts, they got this idea spot on.
Returning cast and voice acting for FMVs got that MGS feeling spot on.
Despite hardly appearing, Ocelot was one of the best characters as usual.
Secret characters gives you lots of reason to play through again as well as different variations of teams.

yeah, like when snake was on the phone i was like please dont end pleeeease i wana know what that was about, but the credits came up:csad: i didnt really get a sense that he was thinking about outer heaven yet either. but i did like the predictions that elisa made and the "its outside your heaven" line snake made to gene that was cool. hopefully there will be a few more opps games, telling big bosses story all the way up to metal gear 1. i did read some were that the developers said they might be another one depending on sales.

i was kinda dissapointed there was no johnny in there. and when jonathan died... i was just like NOOOOooOOOooO he was liek my second in command lol

Yeah I loved those little quotes that made you smile abit. It was a worthwhile game and 2 has been confirmed, it'd be nice to see maybe a little at E3.

^ awesome news. cant wait for number 2. i love learning about big boss because you just ultimaitly kno where all his experiences lead him.

man im addicted to the online play aswell, i just started it today. i said to myself ill only play for 15mins but ended up playing for like 2 hours lol

Ive been looking everywhere for this game with no luck. Didnt realize it was so rare. Luckily, I managed to find a brand new copy at K-Mart today. They had 3 copies, 1 original and 2 GH versions. I was able to get the original. I would have loved to have played this before MGS4, but better late then never

I can't believe I ever bad mouthed this game. It RAWKS.

Sorry, was just looking through my old threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"