The Official Metal Gear Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electro UK

Can't all be for nothing
Reaction score
So here I am thinking wow what a great series of games this has been so far. Why the hell do we not have a thread on the fourth yet? So here it is. Little infromation has been released so far on this game. All I've heard of is that Hideos not directing and that it's going back to Solid Snake with a whole new story line (Yay!)
With how early MGS3 screenshots came out, I expect we'll see some screens in the not to distant future.
So what are you waiting for? Discuss people!

Since discovering a love for SC...I've kinda gone off the MGS series.

I used to be a BIG MGS fan and I am hyping the 4th MGS but not as much now.

The Amazing Lee said:
Since discovering a love for SC...I've kinda gone off the MGS series.

I used to be a BIG MGS fan and I am hyping the 4th MGS but not as much now.

Ah the Splinter Cell vs Metal Gear Solid war. Personally I've never played any SC so I can't make a fair judgment but it does look pretty good, I'll have to check it out

Electro UK said:
Ah the Splinter Cell vs Metal Gear Solid war. Personally I've never played any SC so I can't make a fair judgment but it does look pretty good, I'll have to check it out

I just feel that SC does the whole stealth thing better, although you've got to love the MGS story.

I just found it SO hard to be stealthy on MGS3.

yeah but Hideo Kojima (did I spell that correctly?) won't be directing or involved with MGS4...so I could clearly see a Devil May Cry 2 happening here, where we have some cool new moves and maybe better graphics, but lowsy story, gameplay, and interest...but I could be wrong.

Kojima will step in if the team doesn't do it right...like he did with 3.

Would you really give your baby to others to look after if they can't do it the way in which you would like it and if not you'd have input to make sure that it would be better,

Psycho Hulk said:
yeah but Hideo Kojima (did I spell that correctly?) won't be directing or involved with MGS4...so I could clearly see a Devil May Cry 2 happening here, where we have some cool new moves and maybe better graphics, but lowsy story, gameplay, and interest...but I could be wrong.

Oh god how I hope you're wrong. The MGS saga has been outstanding so far, Hideo can't just let them ruin it

Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear Solid
Sam Fisher Vs Solid Snake not match really MGS and Solid Snake are the better ones in my opinion i cannot wait for MGS4 on the PS3

Well, i guess Hideo will watch the development. so i doubt we get a devil may cry 2...

I got the info out of a mini article in PlayStation Magazine(Burn Out 4 edition). If anyone wants to go check it out. I don't have the magazine on hand so I can't directly quote anything properly.

imagerian27 said:
Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear Solid
Sam Fisher Vs Solid Snake not match really MGS and Solid Snake are the better ones in my opinion i cannot wait for MGS4 on the PS3

Granted Sam Fisher is an Ex-Navy Seal and like 50 years old and still kicking ass.

Solid Snake is an Genetically Engineered Super Soldier, he is pretty much flawless in his design.

They are both Masters of Stealth. So I am not sure, I guess it would just have to be up to who ever makes a mistake first. Yet, in hand to hand combat I would have to go with Solid Snake.

Game play wise...really depends on my mood. Sometimes I rather play Splinter cell and others MGS3...but more often then not, I am happy being a ninja in the now dated but always well liked, Tenchu.

Technically it should be the Metal Gear 6 thread since MGS4 will not be called MGS4.

Also an interesting tid-bit was revealed not to long ago: the main part of this game is that there is "nowhere to hide"

I don't like the aspect of "a whole new story line" ....they need to finish up with the Patriots....the problem is, I believe they dug themselves into a hole. How can Snake really take on an entire government? That's why I think they went with the prequel in MGS3.

Matt said:
I don't like the aspect of "a whole new story line" ....they need to finish up with the Patriots....the problem is, I believe they dug themselves into a hole. How can Snake really take on an entire government? That's why I think they went with the prequel in MGS3.

The prequel explained a whole lot of confusing elements of the Metal Gear series such as why Big Boss went bad (at first it appeared that he was just evil but now it seems that it was more of a defiance of the Patriots), and why the Patriots on GW's list were dead for almost 100 years. Metal Gear 6 will continue the Patriots storyline with Solid Snake, Otacon, Meryl, "Liquid Ocelot" (and maybe Raiden, Mei Ling, and the Colonel will make appearances)

hippie_hunter said:
The prequel explained a whole lot of confusing elements of the Metal Gear series such as why Big Boss went bad (at first it appeared that he was just evil but now it seems that it was more of a defiance of the Patriots), and why the Patriots on GW's list were dead for almost 100 years. Metal Gear 6 will continue the Patriots storyline with Solid Snake, Otacon, Meryl, "Liquid Ocelot" (and maybe Raiden, Mei Ling, and the Colonel will make appearances)

Yes, it explained things, but the question can still be asked...where do you go with the story now? I think that could be a hole they may have dug themselves into.

Matt said:
Yes, it explained things, but the question can still be asked...where do you go with the story now? I think that could be a hole they may have dug themselves into.

Maybe they're on the run from the Patriots hence the "nowhere to hide" part of the game

hippie_hunter said:
Maybe they're on the run from the Patriots hence the "nowhere to hide" part of the game

Ok, fine, but still, where does the over all plot go. Say Snake stops the Patriots...every government in the world suddenly falls, all economys crash, etc. It's kinda hard to resolve that.

Matt said:
Ok, fine, but still, where does the over all plot go. Say Snake stops the Patriots...every government in the world suddenly falls, all economys crash, etc. It's kinda hard to resolve that.

Hmmmmmmmmm..........you got a point

hippie_hunter said:
Hmmmmmmmmm..........you got a point

Yep, that is what I meant by saying they have kinda dug themselves into a hole.

I just can't wait to finally kick some ass with Solid Snake again.

hippie_hunter said:
Will you stop with the "Metal gear 6" crap. I know there were metal gear games before MGS, and we're not doubting your "1337 MGS $k111z". It's real title is "Metal gear solid 4". Did the box on MGS3 say Metal Gear 5? No, it didnt, thus that's not it's title

Well it is true that MGS story has dug itself in a hole... but what if part of the story lies precisely that Snake can't beat the system and that he's forced to stop Oceliquid from breaking the balance... afterall... The Patriots... are a necesary EVIL. and Now Snake has to PROTECT them...

I think while both Splinter Cell (I bought the 1st 2 and I will buy the 3rd) and Metal Gear (I bought 6 of them and I wanna buy Acid) have similar features. They are relatively different enough that you don't necessarily have to dislike one in favor of the other.

While I enjoy being unseen in Splinter Cell, I do enjoy more of a weaponry in Metal Gear.

BRODIEMAN said:
Will you stop with the "Metal gear 6" crap. I know there were metal gear games before MGS, and we're not doubting your "1337 MGS $k111z". It's real title is "Metal gear solid 4". Did the box on MGS3 say Metal Gear 5? No, it didnt, thus that's not it's title

No because its already been confirmed that it will not be called MGS4. Until it gets an official title like Metal Gear Liquid or Metal Gear Gear or Metal Gear Crisis or whatever, I will continue calling it Metal Gear 6.

Metal Gear refers to the 2D adventures of Snake (the Gameboy game in Japan was refered to as Metal Gear, not Metal Gear Solid). Kojima said he added Solid in to represent the 3D nature. And Acid is just...weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"