The Official Metal Gear Solid- Portable OPS thread

You guys always have to wait a while longer, but Kojima does his best to take care of you...

I want to play the European version. MGSPO Subsistence budget priced Re-release to America and Japan in 8-12 months please Kojima? :csad:

Portable Ops sells out in Japan, Konami under estimates demand

Konami reported there is a delivery bottleneck for its PSP game Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, since its release on December 21, 2006, there is an unexpectedly high demands, leading the game sold out in most game shops across Japan. The company is trying to ship more copies next week to ease the demands.

- The Magicbox

To date Portable Ops has sold something like 230 000 copies in Japan probably a bit more.

It also sold around 120 000 copies in its first week in America. (I think I'm not sure when the NPD cutoff is, versus when MGSPO shipped)

Japan sales

8. (PSP, Konami) Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops - 28,152 / 306,359

Portable Ops sales cross 300k in Japan.

Portable Ops went up 8 places this week. It was number 16 last week according to Media Crates tracking. Konami is makig more units to satisfy demand.

This game sucks my nuts and I haven't even played it or watched any gameplay videos. I don't even own a PSP!

Muahaha! :p

I know that I should probably ignore you like you're probably used to, but I think I speak for everyone in this thread, that you, sir, are a jackass, with a capital j. If your small mind can handle it, think about this: You just insulted a game that you claim (quite believably, I might add) that you know nothing about. If you were in my shoes, you'd call yourself an *******. I'd like you to ask yourself why you clicked on the link to this thread, much less the Sony link. Try not to ever click on a link with the words "Metal Gear" in that order ever again.

so for those of us who have it, I have the ability to go online with it...

Now's you chance to get back into my good graces by playing MGSPO MGO and making up for the roaring failure that was my MGS3 Online iniative!

I would have but Playstation 2 Online doesn't work for me :(

My friend bought a PSP so I got to try this one out for a couple of hours. What's there to say. It's MGS. Graphics, music and gameplay are topnotch and the soldier collecting is one awesome feature. I love the visual style for the cutscenes. I loved the Warhead Storage Facility area. Got alot of recruits from there...Hehehe.

I got to Null. What a kickass character.

Null is pretty cool, he'll be even cooler in couple decades though. ;)

For a sequel I would like it if the units were even more differentiated. Like they can ONLY use certain types of weapons. I found the units a bit too same-y aside from the obvious medic and tech skills and their Health or Stamina.

Just have to say that the controls for it are perfect, it's easier to control then MGS3 by a good amount, which shocked me considering I was expecting the game to be control hell.

I thought the controls were a bit harsh at first but everything eventually clicks perfectly. I think it has something to do with me not having played a MGS game in a while more than anything.

I love, love, love the multiple units system. The replay value becomes so huge. It's just awesome prowling around and nabbing new units to add to your growing team. And when you get a special character out of the blue like it happened to me...It feels awesome. And considering the fact that there dozens of areas to explore and recruit people and they are all totally different, this game turned out to be much better than anything I thought it would be.

And I still can't get over the art. The scenes with Python were just perfect.The art and voice acting worked together in a great way. Great character and fight too. One of the coolest (pun intended) first bosses I've seen.

I've had it on the pre-order for a while now. Out in April for us Brits... too long away. :(

When you do get it let us know about the differences/upgrades you lucky lucky Euro trash. :cmad:

Lucky? You guys finished this game 6 months ago. I don't call that lucky. :(

True but I have to say that in the American release, the career system wasn't defined enough. You'd basically have characters generally being able to use every weapon decently, ant the only big differentiator between them ended up being their Stamina (or lack there of) and Hit points. I probably would have waited an extra six months to get all these changes/improvements. :(

Konami announces that Metal gear solid p.o. will arrive to Europe next April. As expected, the PAL game will contain some extras:

- New mode: The "Boss Battle" mode allows players to unlock additional characters for recruitment.
- New characters, maps and mission: At least 12 new characters are reported to be coming out. Wait for further details.
- Updated careers: Existing characters will get expanded careers, which will now focus on their key attributes.
- Updated Multiplayer: The game's multiplayer mode will receive two extra maps, bringing total map count to 10.

True I guess. Well can always import, I mean we have a better case cover too. :p

12 additional Characters. THIS man has to be among them.

johnny.jpg

Damn, sm3 the movie comes out as well as sm3 the game and mgspo all on the same freakin' day....I'm gonna be broke!!

Uh... play have posted my copy...

Man this has been my week, exclusive OPM with that God of War story in it, now an early copy of Portable OPS...

Hmm, this is good but there's some serious issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"